Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,857,905 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ryeguy
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Replied
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
aggielostinETX
AG
see Pm

AggieKatie2 said:
Vade281
AG
Man that Weller 12 price. Some prices seems fair the others seem whoa.
aggielostinETX
AG
Vade281 said:

Man that Weller 12 price. Some prices seems fair the others seem whoa.
You're more than welcome to make me an offer or show where I am to highly priced....

Holy huge image batman... resized

AggieKatie2 said:
Vade281
AG
I didn't know we would post secondary prices on here. If you are getting people to buy from you, more power to you. Something closer to MSRP and I would be there.
V8Aggie
AG
This isn't the thread for secondary pricing... Not to mention you'll get this thread shut down pretty quick.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Any updates on the store pick? I'll be up 183 this afternoon.
aggielostinETX
AG
V8Aggie said:

This isn't the thread for secondary pricing...
ok, removed

but please explain this

Quote:

Not to mention you'll get this thread shut down pretty quick.

How is selling secondary gonna get us in trouble vs. selling at market?

AggieKatie2 said:
AlaskanAg99
AG
Before all the FB were shut down, very little selling was discussed here and then it was C&S or bottle trade 1:1.
Vade281
AG
It's like everything else on Texags when selling to other Aggies. Don't mark it up past face value/MSRP. I get making a little profit for your time, but full on secondary prices shouldn't be a thing on this thread. Just my opinion.

There's a reason why all of the Facebook groups and subreddits were shut down.
V8Aggie
AG
Vade281 said:

It's like everything else on Texags when selling to other Aggies. Don't mark it up past face value/MSRP. I get making a little profit for your time, but full on secondary prices shouldn't be a thing on this thread. Just my opinion.

This. I am not trying to be a dick or anything, but this is a good thread and I'd hate to see it taken down. You can sell for MSRP or above with proof of purchase without getting into trouble. There's a legal reason as to why all of the secondary FB groups have been getting shutdown. It's a fine line to walk.
John Francis Donaghy
Can't stop folks from charging secondary, but personally I've enjoyed following and posting on this thread with other enthusiasts for a lot of years, and it would be a damn shame to see it become a Classified board for bottle flippers.
Post removed:
by user
Vade281
AG
TBH I just use this thread to see what y'all are drinking and where the bottles are being sold at. My opinion is to post things you want to sell or unload in the classified forum. Cross post it here that you have something available over there.
aggielostinETX
AG
third coast.. said:

Dude was selling what, 2 bottles at secondary and the rest at or below msrp? This thread was never a cost plus shipping thread, yall just want it to be. Facebook groups got shut down due to the visibility of the groups, not only because they are selling secondary. I'm still in like 10 secondary groups. The market hasn't gone anywhere.

Yep, just protecting my self from taters.
No one was making anyone buy.

AggieKatie2 said:
aggielostinETX
AG
Vade281 said:

Plenty of stuff on Texags sells above face value.
Been to the ticket forum lately?

AggieKatie2 said:
agcrock2005
AG
Bourbon thread really sucks today.
betadawg1
AG
A couple of trade offers if anyone is interested. Live in CS, work in Houston.

ISO 1 of the following: Woodford Reserve Master's Collection
Select American Oak
Batch Proof 125.8
Sonoma-Cutrer Pinot Noir Finish

FT:
Woodford Reserve Master's Collection Chocolate Malted Rye.

ISO: RHF or ETL
FT: Evan Williams 12 year (Japanese release)
Rockdoc
AG
Just picked up a bottle of old forester 1920 at half pints. Maybe a few bucks more than expected but at least they had it. When I asked about Weller they literally laughed. Guess I'm out of luck.
V8Aggie
AG
Rockdoc said:

Just picked up a bottle of old forester 1920 at half pints. Maybe a few bucks more than expected but at least they had it. When I asked about Weller they literally laughed. Guess I'm out of luck.
Big fan of the 1920. I finally grabbed a bottle of 1910 and though it's good I think I am leaning towards the higher proof 1920.
jwhitlock3
Rockdoc said:

Glad you found it! Not sure why they laughed at weller, I actually grabbed a Weller SR from half pints about a month ago. I paid $58.99 + tax for the 1920, I think it's the same price as Spec's right? Either way, I'm alright with paying another 3 to 4 bucks if it's a local shop.
Elmo Lincoln
AG
V8Aggie said:

Rockdoc said:

Big fan of the 1920. I finally grabbed a bottle of 1910 and though it's good I think I am leaning towards the higher proof 1920.

Really like both of them and like to have both on hand. The 1920 is spicy, big and awesome...but I'm good after one pour. The 1910 is such a good, balanced bourbon. I'll go for multiple pours of it.
TamuKid
AG
Oak Liquor Cabinet in Austin has their ER store pick in for 35. Limit 1. Probably 7 cases left when I was there.

https://instagr.am/p/B8HhQvlFEI7
Rockdoc
AG
Yeah $58. Specs didn't have the 1920.
TamuKid
AG
Just read on an FB post that OLC is out of the ER pick. Sold 20 cases worth of ER in 3 hours, on a 1 per person limit...Crazy.
SpiderDude
AG
TamuKid said:

Just read on an FB post that OLC is out of the ER pick. Sold 20 cases worth of ER in 3 hours, on a 1 per person limit...Crazy.

I gots mine. I learned my lesson from the last time when I missed his 15 year Knob Creek SB release. As soon as I saw it on IG I took a quick work break. Of course it helps that I work like 5 minutes away.
mazag08
AG
Woodford double oaked gets better every time I have it. How is that company so good at coming up with new fantastic recipes one after another? Everything I've had is great and reasonably priced.
TamuKid
AG
Yeah, I cut out of work early to scoop one around 4:45 or so. Glad I did, because originally I was thinking I'd just swing by tomorrow.
Fall92
AG
Hmm. Interesting trade bait out there. I have an extra ER 1.5L and maybe an ETL as well FT.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
jetch17
AG
man i needs me some ETL in Houston - no trade bait though
RK
AG
yet another reason to take it back to the roots...Marquis Deuce has a great bourbon selection now. great night cap after a few teas.
austinag1997
AG
TamuKid said:

That is almost impossible to believe.
Post removed:
by user
austinag1997
AG
Meh... this is the store I buy all my bourbon from. He gets store picks in all the time. Never seen one gone in a day. And I doubt they are all gone. He usually "hides" some of them. This is not a store with lines waiting... even when he gets allocated bottles.
First Page Last Page
Page 417 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.