Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,853,106 Views | 38543 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TexAgs1992
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CactusThomas said:

I prefer the dry bean.

I prefer making my own from Everclear. Easy peasy, doesn't even need to be distilled.
austinag1997
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

Also, that's the bottle Sazerac uses for Rock Hill Farms, not Blantons.
In three years of looking (not hunting), I've never seen a Rock Hill Farms in DFW. Anyone ever see it anymore, or is that something you have to get secondary or out-of-state? I'd love to grab one. Hell I saw someone trading a Weller antique for a RHF AND cash on Facebook the other day. Crazy.

Never seen one in Texas. I am guessing that we arent in the market area for RHF... very few bottles at least.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

I've never seen a Rock Hill Farms in DFW

Never seen it anywhere either. I had a pour of it at The Downtown Elixir in the LaSalle/Downtown Bryan & it was good, but I took it off my must have list. I'm a big believer in trying the "unfindables" when I see them to decide if they're worthy of the hunt.
OutdoorAg2010
AG
If anyone is looking for Eagle Rare in the Austin area, Teja's liquors in Austin at both locations has a store pick that goes on sell today
Rockdoc
AG
Wish I was in Austin to take advantage of that. Here in CS I can't find any of what I've been looking for. Weller, old forester 1920, nothing.
CactusThomas
AG
Yeah but they want $50 for it. Plus you would be in Austin.
SpiderDude
AG
OutdoorAg2010 said:

If anyone is looking for Eagle Rare in the Austin area, Teja's liquors in Austin at both locations has a store pick that goes on sell today

Oak Liquor Cabinet is supposed to have one drop next week... possibly as early as Monday.
CharlieBrown17
AG
SpiderDude said:

OutdoorAg2010 said:

Oak Liquor Cabinet is supposed to have one drop next week... possibly as early as Monday.

ISO mule
MW03
AG
What do you guys think of Rare Breed? I found it today for $35 on sale and jumped on it.
Fall92
AG
Good stuff. Great value.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
SpiderDude
AG
MW03 said:

What do you guys think of Rare Breed? I found it today for $35 on sale and jumped on it.

Probably my favorite "always available" barrel proof. I'm waiting on the next Twin Dollar Days to grab another bottle of it.
John Francis Donaghy
MW03 said:

Rare Breed is good stuff. Not going to blow your socks off, but just good barrel proof bourbon without the hassle.

It has replaced Bookers for me, since Bookers has gotten so hard to find.
austinag1997
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

MW03 said:

Rare Breed is good stuff. Not going to blow your socks off, but just good barrel proof bourbon without the hassle.

It has replaced Bookers for me, since Bookers has gotten so hard to find.

Bookers is hard to find? I have an endless supply in Austin... multiple locations.
SpiderDude
AG
My thoughts as well. It's collecting dust just about everywhere I look!
MW03
AG
Booker's is realtively hard to come by in DFW.
John Francis Donaghy
Yep, DFW. Bookers seemed to disappear from store shelves in my area a year or two ago.
SpiderDude
AG
Y'all come on down to Austin then. Some stores have cases of it.
John Francis Donaghy
SpiderDude said:

Y'all come on down to Austin then. Some stores have cases of it.

Yeah, but... I'd have to go to Austin.

AGdent07
AG
Yeah I'm having no issue finding Booker's here in Houston. I've picked up a few batches. Both of the bottles that I've opened have been good grabs.

I found a couple stores up in Forth Worth area with some gems. WLW, Handy, GTS, Stagg JR, OW107, Michter's 10, Blantons. But all prices were secondary or higher. Almost got away with a GTS for the price of Stagg JR but the lady caught it at the register.

Any body have any experience with the Woodford Reserve masters collection? Ive thought about the batch proof or chocolate malted rye
AggieBarstool
I haven't had any issue finding Bookers in BCS or DFW. Not that I actually want to drink it, though.
jwhitlock3
Rockdoc said:

Wish I was in Austin to take advantage of that. Here in CS I can't find any of what I've been looking for. Weller, old forester 1920, nothing.
Half Pints in south CS has 1920 on the shelf. Owner's name is Brad, good guy from my few (two) interactions with him, and seems knowledgeable when it comes to bourbon. Stop in and meet him and grab yourself a 1920.
Rockdoc
AG
Refresh my memory, where is half pints? And thanks for the heads up
Edit: scratch that, I remember where it is
MW03
AG
OF is the only thing we have in abundance in DFW. Pretty much every varietal (1910, 1920, Statesman, Single Barrel) save the ultra rare stuff like birthday bourbon. Speaking of, I passed on a OF single barrel store pick for Rare Breed. Was that a mistake?
SpiderDude
AG
MW03 said:

OF is the only thing we have in abundance in DFW. Pretty much every varietal (1910, 1920, Statesman, Single Barrel) save the ultra rare stuff like birthday bourbon. Speaking of, I passed on a OF single barrel store pick for Rare Breed. Was that a mistake?

Not necessarily. You'd have to taste side by side to know that honestly. I love Rare Breed. Don't ever apologize for going with the Breed baby!
austinag1997
AG
Elijah Craig barrel proof is really good. I'll have to start looking for more of it.
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
MW03 said:

I'd go Rare Breed. Not a big fan of proofed down barrel picks. Pick it, then add a bunch of water to change it? Hate that.
aggielostinETX
AG
Cleaning out some stuff if interested.
Shooting for F2F in Dallas or shipping 2+ bottles.

Trade offers welcome...

4+ bottles get 10% off

Pics removed since we can't have any fun without whiners.
PM if you want prices or are interested in some random bourbons.

Michters - sold
EHT SmB
Journeyman
Yellowstone 101
MB Rowland
WP 10 Rye
Basil Haydens
SM Contradiction
1792 BiB GG SP
Willet Pot
Hudson 4 Grain
Bakers 7
W12 1.75
OF Single Barrel GG Store Pick

ER SOLD
Both OWA SOLD
Willet Rye - SOLD
EHT Single - 4 SOLD
EHT Small - 2 sold
1920 -sold
Bomberger - sold
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
austinag1997
AG
third coast.. said:

I've got some I'll sell for like 80 a bottle when I get home in a few months. I think it's mostly 17 and 18 bottles

I'll take it.
62strat
AG
nm
OutdoorAg2010
AG
Sent pm
Comanche
AG
Pm sent.
AGdent07
AG
PM sent
Sazerac
AG
If you were in Houston I'd take almost all of it.
aggielostinETX
AG
Replied
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
First Page Last Page
Page 416 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.