Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,836,307 Views | 38389 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Habanero Guero
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My money is on MM 46 and 4R SiB. Tasty juice, easy enough to find, priced around $40 in most liquor stores.
MW03
AG
austinag1997 said:

MW03 said:

Anyone here used https://www.delmesaliquor.com/ before? Looks like its based out of California and ships to Texas. Some of it is pretty dang reasonable. For example, they have Eagle Rare for $34 and Angel's Envy for $50 in stock, and I have a hard time finding those on the shelves. Then, they have some stuff priced high compared to MSRP (i.e., Weller SR for $80, Midwinter Night's Dram for $180, etc). But they do have a lot in stock.

Unless some law has changed recently, liquor cannot legally be shipped into Texas. Put something in the cart, and try ordering it to Texas. My guess is they won't do it.

So I just had a package from Del Mesa delivered to the house via Fed Ex...
jh0400
AG
If he has a variety of WP10 barrel picks, I'd go with those. There is a lot of variation on those Alberta barrels, and it's fun to see how different two barrels of the same mash bill and age from the same distillery can turn out.
austinag1997
AG
MW03 said:

austinag1997 said:

MW03 said:

Anyone here used https://www.delmesaliquor.com/ before? Looks like its based out of California and ships to Texas. Some of it is pretty dang reasonable. For example, they have Eagle Rare for $34 and Angel's Envy for $50 in stock, and I have a hard time finding those on the shelves. Then, they have some stuff priced high compared to MSRP (i.e., Weller SR for $80, Midwinter Night's Dram for $180, etc). But they do have a lot in stock.

Unless some law has changed recently, liquor cannot legally be shipped into Texas. Put something in the cart, and try ordering it to Texas. My guess is they won't do it.

Not sure how you or they do that legally. Beer/wine... sure. Not liquor, though.
austinag1997
AG
MW03 said:

For all the cash I've spent on bourbon lately, I tell you this much: the glass of bulliet neat I had at the hotel bar after a long day was just about perfect.

Its funny how that works!
Aggie Pharmer
AG
SpiderDude said:

When is the next Twin Dollar Days y'all?!

We will have to get together and make a liquor run when that happens!
austinag1997
AG
EastTexAg14 said:

Would love to see what older Willlett offerings you have and possibly do some trading. My email is in my profile if you are interested.

http://imgur.com/gallery/2JoTPND

How is that for old Willett
TamuKid
AG
Anyone heard of or had this? Can't find much online.

MW03
AG
austinag1997 said:

MW03 said:

austinag1997 said:

MW03 said:

Not sure how you or they do that legally. Beer/wine... sure. Not liquor, though.

Yeah, they said on their site that they ship to Texas. Put it in, then been tracking the shipping. Now, I've got Eagle Rare, Sazerac Rye, 1792 Full Proof, and a bottle of KBS Espresso. Nothing shady on the label. Clearly marked. Adult signature required on receipt, etc.

Nothing nefarious and incredibly straight forward.
austinag1997
AG
Just curious, do they charge you tax?
G Martin 87
AG
jh0400 said:

If he has a variety of WP10 barrel picks, I'd go with those. There is a lot of variation on those Alberta barrels, and it's fun to see how different two barrels of the same mash bill and age from the same distillery can turn out.
This sounds like a good plan. Here's his rye list (minus the ones I have already tried before):

A Midwinter Night's Dram Act 7 Scene 3
Corsair Ryemageddon
Michter's Barrel Strength
WP Straight Rye 10yr
WP SiB Select HP Samurai
WP 13yr
WP SiB Select OP's Maple Bacon
WP SiB Select Cal's Natty Babe
Willett Cask Strength
Yippee Ki-Yay Rye

Thoughts?
G Martin 87
AG
cclearman said:

I'd go with these since they are tougher to find (for me)

Old Forester 1910, Stagg Jr batches, and 4R SiB

And any Whistlepig Rye he wants to share
He has Stagg Jr batches 5, 6, 7, 9, and 12. See above for the WP rye list.

jh0400
AG
Any of the single barrels would be good.
MW03
AG
austinag1997 said:

No tax, but shipping was $25
Sazerac
AG
Sounds like he should be your new best friend!
LPHA
AG
Why not just post the list? If it's too long to type out, just take a picture

Edit: posted before I saw the ones you listed. The stagg jr. batch 12 is allegedly better than the 2019 GTS. I don't have first hand knowledge
Sixdrakes
AG
Michter's Barrel Strength Rye for the win
Daytona22
AG
For something that's pretty different palate to me I would try the MWND. Stagg Jr for some higher proof bourbon if you like that kind of stuff. Looks like he has a pretty good collection. Haven't had a ton of the WP lineup but heard good things.

I'd agree as well on the michters.
austinag1997
AG
MW03 said:

austinag1997 said:

That's where the State of Texas has a bone to pick with you. The 3 party system (distillation, distributor, retailer) has been averted. That 3 party system is codified in state law.

More power to you that you found a "work around."
RenoAg
I'm casting my vote for the Michters Barrel Strength Rye as well. Some very tasty stuff typically in my experience.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
austinag1997 said:

MW03 said:

austinag1997 said:

That's where the State of Texas has a bone to pick with you. The 3 party system (distillation, distributor, retailer) has been averted. That 3 party system is codified in state law.

Out of state stores shipping into Texas is not uncommon. Mom and pop liquor stores don't give a *****
MW03
AG
austinag1997 said:

MW03 said:

austinag1997 said:

Shorting the great state of Texas out of about $13 certainly wasn't something I contemplated, and it didn't even occur to me to check until you asked. So to the extent you think I was looking for -- or are celebrating -- a "work around", that's incorrect.

To the extent I was excited to find a place online that sells and ships to Texas items I wanted to purchase but could not find on my shelves, and thought to share that here, I apologize.
showtime
AG
MW03 said:

austinag1997 said:

MW03 said:

austinag1997 said:

Shorting the great state of Texas out of about $13 certainly wasn't something I contemplated, and it didn't even occur to me to check until you asked. So to the extent you think I was looking for -- or are celebrating -- a "work around", that's incorrect.

To the extent I was excited to find a place online that sells and ships to Texas items I wanted to purchase but could not find on my shelves, and thought to share that here, I apologize.

My client's apology is not to be construed as an admission of guilt, acknowledgement of liability, or confirmation of actions taken or not taken.
MJ20/20
AG
We need a cumulative list of the stores that will ship to Texas. I used Whiskey Exchange until recently. They used to ship to Texas no problem, but no longer will ship here.
aggiecouch
May the state protect ourselves from modern convenience. Hail state!
Fall92
AG
Any thoughts on the new Parker's Heritage Rye?
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
SpiderDude
AG
RenoAg said:

I'm casting my vote for the Michters Barrel Strength Rye as well. Some very tasty stuff typically in my experience.

I love mine... it's one of the better pours on my bar!
G Martin 87
AG
Thanks for all the help, everyone. I asked him to bring the Michter's and the WP SiB Samurai. I'll report back with impressions.
aggiemike89
AG
Need some help. A friend of mine needs a bottle to give a buddy for his 50th birthday. He knows that he's going to have to pay secondary prices. He asked me to help him find one. I'm thinking a JEF 20 or a Pappiez 20 or 23. Since FB shut those secondary markets down, do you guys know where i can get him a bottle of any of those listed above?
MW03
AG
Have to say, I was very impressed with my first pour of 1792 Full Proof.
MJ20/20
AG
I love the full proof, but the 1792 BiB may be better. I typically prefer the higher proof releases, but the BiB is absolutely awesome.
Post removed:
by user
aggiemike89
AG
third coast.. said:

There are still plenty of secondary groups

???? What are they?
Sazerac
AG
West Houston folks. Had a specs GC so I just stopped at the one at Memorial/DA (I've only been Total Wine since they opened).

Several Dickel BiB, Buffalo Trace 750ml, and some of the Knob specialties available. Some overpriced WP in the glass cases....

Not sure if I mentioned, but Total Wine Memorial had some Four Roses last week. That's a great $20 bottle!

Sazerac
AG
Had to try the Whiskey of the year...Dickey BiB...not to my taste!
First Page Last Page
Page 409 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.