Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,860,057 Views | 38613 Replies | Last: 48 min ago by Bulldog73
V8Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MaroonBaboon said:

Liquor store in Caldwell has Weller 12 for 100 bucks
Post removed:
by user
V8Aggie
AG
Yeah, I just don't get the craze though.
ph1l
AG
Hey all. New to this forum but have been getting into bourbon more & more. Would some of y'all mind throwing out high-wheat bourbon recommendations? I recently picked up a bottle of 1792 and enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks!
boboguitar
AG
MaroonBaboon said:

Liquor store in Caldwell has Weller 12 for 100 bucks
Nice.

I also just picked up ER in port bolivar for $37.
boboguitar
AG
ph1l said:

Hey all. New to this forum but have been getting into bourbon more & more. Would some of y'all mind throwing out high-wheat bourbon recommendations? I recently picked up a bottle of 1792 and enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks!
Weller
Ducks4brkfast
AG
ph1l said:

Thanks!

Makers Mark cask strength & Larceny
MW03
AG
ph1l said:

Thanks!

Alongside Weller and Old Fitzgerald, Makers is one of the standard bearers for this type. You might look for a Makers Select, or a cask strength.
AggieDad24
V8Aggie said:

Yeah, I just don't get the craze though.
It's good and all but I wouldn't pay more than $10 over retail....I'm cheap though
Pitter Patter
aggielostinETX
AG
Acquired two bottles through gifts this week
Blood Oath 5
And
Belfour Limited Edition Straight Rye Whiskey
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
PearlandAg09
AG
79 bucks in Pearland this afternoon. Looking forward to trying it for the first time tonight to ring in 2020.
AggieDad24
If anyone in the College Station area finds Weller 12 for anything near MSRP, could ya post where it is? I'm not very high on the list at spec's and the other places that I found it have been between $100-$250 a bottle.
Pitter Patter
AggieBarstool
PearlandAg09 said:

Costco in Pearland Has about 10 bottles left of the 375 ML bottles for 16 bucks as of 10 mins ago. Behind the counter so you'll have to ask the clerk and only 1 bottle per, unless you're a better negotiator than I.

I picked up 5 bottles of ER at WBLiquors in El Paso. $29.99/bottle. Had them behind the counter, but looked at me like I was dumb when I found out the price / no bottle limit. Made me feel like I hit the lotto (as sad as it is to say that).
Wheatables02
AG
My first daughter and third child was born yesterday. I cracked a sample of '19 OFBB last night in the room to celebrate.

Sazerac
AG
Damnnnnn

Nice score. Let me know if you want to sell any In Houston.
SpiderDude
AG
MW03 said:

ph1l said:

Thanks!

Alongside Weller and Old Fitzgerald, Makers is one of the standard bearers for this type. You might look for a Makers Select, or a cask strength.

If you want to try/ support local distilleries try Treaty Oak Ghost Hill. Treaty Oak is doing it right... extremely transparent and not charging 3X market like a certain other Texas producer a little too fond of their own juice.
Post removed:
by user
agcrock2005
AG
Congrats man!
AggieBarstool
I appreciate the offer, but all bottles are already spoken for (or consumed)!
EastTexAg14
AG
Do tell more. Liquor store in Texas?
Post removed:
by user
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Just picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare in Llano at Steve's. They also have Basil Hayden 10 year and EH Taylor.

The price was a little more than I wanted to pay for it, but I took off To go to the deer lease and left my bottle of Blanton's at the house and needed something to drink.
V8Aggie
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

Just picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare in Llano at Steve's. They also have Basil Hayden 10 year and EH Taylor.

The price was a little more than I wanted to pay for it, but I took off To go to the deer lease and left my bottle of Blanton's at the house and needed something to drink.

Aggie Pharmer
AG
V8Aggie said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

EastTexAg14
AG
Heck of a deal!

SpiderDude
AG
There's 2 cases of Dickel BiB at WB at the Costco on 183 and Great Hills in Austin ...if anyone is hunting that bottle at MSRP.
TamuKid
AG
Thanks, picked one up to give it a try.
SpiderDude
AG
Let us know your thoughts!
MW03
AG
Found a bottle of Booker's 19-04 "beaten biscuits" for $65 while browsing over lunch. Couldn't resist. I am still enjoying the 19-03 "country ham" quite a bit.
CharlieBrown17
AG
The beaten biscuits is definitely my least favorite name of all the bookers batches
MW03
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

The beaten biscuits is definitely my least favorite name of all the bookers batches

Damnnnnnnit
Post removed:
by user
MW03
AG
third coast.. said:

Just because it's his least favorite doesn't mean you wont love it........

Ha, no that was in jest. I generally try and avoid all reviews until I've tried something so as not to poison the well so to speak. That damnit was related to it being a "review" before I had tried it. Also, definitely a joke because there's no such thing as spoilers when it comes to booze.

Speaking of spoilers, I also got a Dickel BiB. Couldn't resist the urge seeing it there for $32 knowing the hype train was picking up steam.
AggieDad24
WB in Bryan has 3 bottles of Dickel BiB left. $35 is a bargain
Pitter Patter
CharlieBrown17
AG
Also if you look, I said name.

Haven't had it. Beaten Biscuits just sounds dumb.
First Page Last Page
Page 404 of 1104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.