Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,847,502 Views | 38480 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by rca21978
schwack schwack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

they wanted $169

Whoa.
SpiderDude
AG
schwack schwack said:

Quote:

Anybody been able to find EH Taylor in west Houston?
Or anywhere? The Single Barrel specifically.....

I have an un-opened bottle I'd trade for something(s). I live in Cedar Park. PM me if you're interested.
Bert315
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

I see small batch all the time

Where are you at? I haven't seen any at the Specs or Total wine in Cinco.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Bert315 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Saw it most recently at the liquor store next to HEB on Fry. I think they had Eagle Rare too.
Bert315
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Bert315 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Saw it most recently at the liquor store next to HEB on Fry. I think they had Eagle Rare too.

The Fusion Liquor on Fry and 99? Haven't been in a while but last time they had Blantons for $115 so haven't been back. Do you happen to know what they want for small batch?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Bert315 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Bert315 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

The Fusion Liquor on Fry and 99? Haven't been in a while but last time they had Blantons for $115 so haven't been back. Do you happen to know what they want for small batch?
I dont think I looked at the price. I grabbed my handle of Jim Beam and went on my way.
RK
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

I grabbed my handle of Jim Beam and went on my way.
my man.
boboguitar
AG
Brought some chocolate bourbon balls to work, big success.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
boboguitar said:

Brought some chocolate bourbon balls to work, big success.
The ones you can get at the Barton gift shop are excellent
dmart90
AG
Paid $50 for a bottle of Eagle Rare on Saturday. Just blows my mind how much it is now in places.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Can find it for $30 or less on shelves outside of Texas easily. The Texas market is just different.
schwack schwack
AG
SpiderDude -

Sorry for the late reply - Thanksgiving & all.

Appreciate the offer, but I don't have anything to trade right now. I do have a bit of the EHT Single put back from when I sensed the shortage coming & these crazy allocations, but I do pick it up when I see it (which is never now). I remember when it would sit on the shelf with dust on it..... those were the days.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Can find it for $30 or less on shelves outside of Texas easily. The Texas market is just different
Colorado seems to have a lot of good stuff on the shelf. We have friends there & my theory is that everybody there is getting high now so have laid off the hooch.
Post removed:
by user
ToddyHill
AG
Top 20 Whiskies of 2019
SpiderDude
AG
The Dickel bib is a joke and a lot of people are laughing at that *****

Edit: I have a sourced Dickel 13 year from Treaty Oak. It's fine for sipping but whiskey of the year it ain't.
SpiderDude
AG
I stopped by Total Wine on Lakeline in North Austin and picked up a WhistlePig 10 year barrel select at 117 proof. At $90 that's a bargain imho.
SpiderDude
AG
No problem. If you come across Stagg Jr. I'd take that in trade no problem.
BeardofZeus01
AG
SpiderDude said:

Edit: I have a sourced Dickel 13 year from Treaty Oak. It's fine for sipping but whiskey of the year it ain't.

I'm an admitted Dickel homer, but in spite of that, you'd be hard pressed to find a better whiskey (with that age and proof) at a low $30 price point IMO. But keep sharing that opinion, I like not having to chase my daily drinker all over town.
HouseDivided06
AG
Was curious about that one. I'll probably pick one up bc of the low price point at some point but will taper expectations. Also wanna try the Ezra Brooks one. Any others on there that anyone has tried that they recommend?
Post removed:
by user
tripperwill
AG
Also, the Mueller TW opened a bottle of it for me to taste as has it behind their bar if anyone is interested. I liked it a lot but didn't pull the trigger.
SpiderDude
AG
cjaetzold said:

SpiderDude said:

I'm an admitted Dickel homer, but in spite of that, you'd be hard pressed to find a better whiskey (with that age and proof) at a low $30 price point IMO. But keep sharing that opinion, I like not having to chase my daily drinker all over town.

In fairness, I think I was a bit harsh in my original comment. I'm not saying it's a bad sipper. I just think proclaiming it World Whiskey of the Year is a bit over the top.
Moxie
AG
Grabbed a Weller 12 at the CS Specs off 6. They had two bottles left if anyone wants to grab one
ETA for $30
Moxie
AG
Also, if you're local, I may be willing to trade for something. I'm not a giant wheater fan.
agcrock2005
AG
Heaven Hill 7 year BiB good at $43?
MAROON
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Heaven Hill 7 year BiB good at $43?
where are you finding it?

we did a blind tasting of bottles under $35 earlier this year and the Heaven Hill handle that comes in a plastic bottle actually came in second place. Always wanted to try their upper end stuff
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
K Bo
AG
I bought a bottle since I never got to try the 6yr stuff sold exclusively in KY. I assume this is the same stuff just aged an additional year, re-branded, and marked up for national sale. I opened it over the weekend and enjoyed it.
agcrock2005
AG
I'm not going to get it so there are two bottles at Goody Goody on Oak Lawn (according to their website).
Farmer1906
AG
Basically this. The KY stuff was dirt cheap. Now they're just charging something more appropriate.
DonaldFDraper
AG
What were the overall results?
FTAG 2000
AG
Moxie said:

Also, if you're local, I may be willing to trade for something. I'm not a giant wheater fan.
What are you looking for?

I won't be down to CS for a while, if you can wait (targeting the Georgia mens hoops game), would be up for a trade.
62strat
AG
dmart90 said:

Paid $50 for a bottle of Eagle Rare on Saturday. Just blows my mind how much it is now in places.
man.. that's a $35 shelf turd in Denver. Saw one today.

https://drizly.com/search?q=eagle%20rare
RenoAg
Enjoying a pour of a FR OESF store pick. 110 proof. Aged 9 years 11 months. Very tasty. First time I've had this recipe. Seems less common. Which leads to a larger generic question.

What is the best secondary market these days? Since FB shut down those groups, I'm not aware where that activity has migrated to. I had plenty enough bunkered up for my own personal use. Too much actually. Thinking of trying to find a good home for some of this stuff.
the dude10
AG
The good folks here on Texags have excellent homes to take in anything you don't need. I am currently building a new home and am putting in a whiskey bunker, so I will have some room here shortly
First Page Last Page
Page 392 of 1100

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.