Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,752,836 Views | 37590 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by betadawg1
HouseDivided06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Magnus is good but different. Just go into it without expecting typical bourbon and enjoy. Not sure I'd buy it again but I remember enjoying it by a fire when it was cold out. So right time of year to give it a shot.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Bulliet Single barrels hitting Texas yet?

They're all over Mississippi right now.

8-10+ year old four roses distillate aged by bulliet/Diageo. Store pick only and 104 proof
tripperwill
AG
Do you mind saying where in Austin? I've been looking for that dang 4R pick!
AlaskanAg99
AG
Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Dumb ****ers!!!
AlaskanAg99
AG
Whoops....that was supposed to be in Old Rivaleries as utex just lost.
John Francis Donaghy
the dude10
AG
It was actually in hutto. Last one they had on the shelf too, sorry man
AggieBarstool
StEdsCOOG said:

I found a bottle of Blanton's and a Stagg Jr. at a liquor store off HWY 6 a couple miles south of I-10. They wanted $169 for the Blanton's and $119 for the Jr. so I passed. I already have some bottles of Blanton's so I wasn't heart broken.
Jeez, that's nuts.

Last year, I was in El Paso for Christmas. Visited a few Western Beverages (the biggest liquor store in the area) -- found both of those that ran several bottles deep at each store. Blanton's was only $62 and Stagg Jr. for under $40. I regret not picking up the Stagg. I did pick up several of the Blanton's, though.
Cutman
AG
I picked up a Cream of Kentucky Batch 3 today. I couldn't find any reviews on Batch 3, but didn't want to miss my chance at it. I've never seen it on the shelf before, but had a pour of a previous Batch earlier this year at Hardwater in SF and it was very good. Anyone try the new batch yet?
CharlieBrown17
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Bulliet Single barrels hitting Texas yet?

They're all over Mississippi right now.

8-10+ year old four roses distillate aged by bulliet/Diageo. Store pick only and 104 proof

Local just got their barrel

60 after tax plus ship if anyone is interested
agcrock2005
AG
Thanks to betadawg1. Traded a Handy for these two. I hate high-proof bourbon and never would have opened it so please don't call me a tard. Happy to open these soon and hopefully BD will like the Handy.
betadawg1
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Thanks to betadawg1. Traded a Handy for these two. I hate high-proof bourbon and never would have opened it so please don't call me a tard. Happy to open these soon and hopefully BD will like the Handy.

Hope you like those. As soon as I get back from Athens I'm trying the Handy.
IBMs_Watson
Does anyone in the Houston area have a 2019 Birthday Bourbon they'd part with in trade?

I can put together a combination of most allocated things below that level: W12, OWA (old or new label), Blanton's, 4R BP Store Pick, Stagg Jr, ECBP, etc.

e-mail: buymy2006mx5 at gmail dot com if you're interested. Thanks all.
AggieBarstool
agcrock2005 said:

What is the protocol for "flipping" a bottle of bourbon on this board? I've been trying to offload a bottle of Blanton's (discreetly) but it always falls through.
aggielostinETX
AG
Post with a price
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
V8Aggie
AG
AggieBarstool said:

agcrock2005 said:

What is the protocol for "flipping" a bottle of bourbon on this board? I've been trying to offload a bottle of Blanton's (discreetly) but it always falls through.
I'll grab it if you're in Houston if you're price isn't crazy. $70 is my personal limit. No worries if you want to make more.Also- I will be drinking and not flipping.
MAROON
AG
what's the word on Kentucky Owl - spec's by my house has the bourbon and rye behind the glass case.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
V8Aggie
AG
MAROON said:

what's the word on Kentucky Owl - spec's by my house has the bourbon and rye behind the glass case.
All I know is the yellow label bourbon is the one that's extremely popular on secondary. Haven't had it yet b/c I don't want to spend that kind of money (even at retail).
Fall92
AG
AggieBarstool said:

agcrock2005 said:

If you're looking for a trade PM me with what you're interested in.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
RK
AG
MAROON said:

The bourbon is Confiscated, which is pretty easy to find. I think the rye is really good and typically harder to find but I just saw 3 bottles at total wine off Kirby. Up to you whether it's $200 good.
CharlieBrown17
AG
The yellow label is just KO bourbon and is a lot better and more expensive than confiscated
RK
AG
I was referencing the one on the shelf at specs. Which was, most likely, Confiscated.
GigemCO2008
AG
Specs at barker cypress and 529 has Colonel E.H Taylor Single Barrel for $59

Got a bottle as I'm normally a blantons drinker, but haven't found any more this year.
AggieBarstool
Deats said:

Post with a price

Well, okay. Paid $63 for it Dec. 2018, so something north of that. Face to face in BCS (not dealing with shipping), cash only. Not looking for trades. Don't have PM, but happy to take emails at aggie jason 05 at gmail dot com.

AggieBarstool
V8Aggie said:

AggieBarstool said:

agcrock2005 said:

I'll grab it if you're in Houston if you're price isn't crazy. $70 is my personal limit. No worries if you want to make more.Also- I will be drinking and not flipping.
Ever make it down to B/CS? Happy to sell to someone that'll actually drink and not flip.
AggieBarstool
GigemCO2008 said:

Got a bottle as I'm normally a blantons drinker, but haven't found any more this year.
I have a bottle...
tlfw378
AG
AggieBarStool, If deal falls through, I'll pay the fee and will come to College Station to get. I'm looking to drink with the wife. She enjoys as much as I do.
austinag1997
AG
MAROON said:

Kentucky Owl was bought by Stoli. They are expanding distribution, so it isn't nearly as hard to find anymore. I bought a bottle of Rye and a bottle of Confiscated. Neither opened yet.
V8Aggie
AG
AggieBarstool said:

V8Aggie said:

AggieBarstool said:

agcrock2005 said:

Ever make it down to B/CS? Happy to sell to someone that'll actually drink and not flip.
I could get my niece and her BF to meet you somewhere if that's not too much trouble.

nine oh tree, 2 too nine, 1 six won sevin my cell
TamuKid
AG
Today was a good day in North Austin/RR. I know what I'm thankful for! I overpaid for the OWA ($69), but figured I'd treat myself. Weller 12 was $59, which seems silly too... but I've only been able to drink it at $12 a pour in a crowded bar; so what the heck?! The others were retail. Hope others are having good luck doing their holiday hunting.

Debs (Lakeline area) had 1 OWA still for $69.
Debs near Braker has OWA for $75.
Gunter's has 2 Harlen Wheatley Select OWAs for $79 and Stagg Jr for $79.

Fall92
AG
I would kill for the HW OWAs. Hell I'd take the other two in a heartbeat as I'm running low and haven't seen any in over a year. If you go back I'll pay for any of those and throw in something for you as well.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
TamuKid
AG
Fall92 said:

I would kill for the HW OWAs. Hell I'd take the other two in a heartbeat as I'm running low and haven't seen any in over a year. If you go back I'll pay for any of those and throw in something for you as well.

Sent you a PM
RK
AG
$59 for W12 is a steal, unfortunately.
tandrus
AG
I'd take that other OWA HW pick if theres a bottle left. Im in TN and would need to pay shipping but I'd be willing to send some samples for the inconvenience.
Jock 07
AG
It's crazy how availability varies greatly depending on where you're at in the country. In NE pot still willett would rarely show up and be gone within a day when it did. In Los angles it'll sit, along with eagle rare on the shelf and collect dust.
First Page Last Page
Page 390 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.