Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,752,735 Views | 37589 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by SydB92
Fall92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw an Eagle Rare in Houston today for $59.95.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Bigfootisreal
A regular 10 year old or the 17?
SweaterVest
AG
Would be grossly mispriced either way...

I think he would have used a different emoji if it was the 17 though...
Farmer1906
AG
If Eagle Rare was regularly 40-45 I would pay it. I really like it.
Bigfootisreal
I probably would as well. Paid $40 for a bottle in Colorado. Sad day- used to pay $20-25 and be able to pick one up whenever.
MW03
AG
Randomly stopped in a rural store recently thinking I could pick up some staples on the cheap that are somewhat hard to find (Wellers, BT, etc). The guy had a bottle of Boss Hog V behind the counter. Stupidly, I thought I was about to score, not putting together the obvious clues that a rural store owner with the connections to obtain a Boss Hog V would almost certainly know the secondary market value of the same. Long story short, he wanted $699 for it.

Farmer1906
AG
MW03 said:

Randomly stopped in a rural store recently thinking I could pick up some staples on the cheap that are somewhat hard to find (Wellers, BT, etc). The guy had a bottle of Boss Hog V behind the counter. Stupidly, I thought I was about to score, not putting together the obvious clues that a rural store owner with the connections to obtain a Boss Hog V would almost certainly know the secondary market value of the same. Long story short, he wanted $699 for it.

Isn't retail something stupid like 400-500 anyway?
jh0400
AG
Retail is $499, and they aren't exactly hard to come by.
MW03
AG
I did not know that. Had only heard of it by reputation, but never checked out the MSRP. I think that makes me the ******* in this story.
Farmer1906
AG
Retail or not. Hard Pass indeed.
FTAG 2000
AG
MW03 said:

I did not know that. Had only heard of it by reputation, but never checked out the MSRP. I think that makes me the ******* in this story.

Not really. He's basically asking for 50% over retail for a product that doesn't even move at retail.

SpiderDude
AG
Fall92 said:

Saw an Eagle Rare in Houston today for $59.95.

I posted previously about seeing Eagle Rare stacked 4 deep at a Twin in Bastrop. 30 dollah to make you hollah.
CactusThomas
AG
Anyone tried Barrell batch 20?
StEdsCOOG
Is Booker's 2017-03 worth a damn? I've never had Booker's before and I came across three bottles tucked away in a corner at the liquor store near my parents. Figured I'd ask here before asking what they want for them.
HouseDivided06
AG
I haven't had that batch yet but depends on 1) do you like high proof bourbon and 2) what's the price point? Bookers used to be $55-$65/bottle in the right stores and a couple years ago bumped up to $65-$75. However some stores try and hawk it at $100, which I wouldn't pay personally. But if you aren't into high proof bourbon, it's probably not going to be your cup of tea. However if you DO like higher proof stuff and the price is right, definitely go for it
John Francis Donaghy
Bookers is always good but it also runs 130+ proof, so if that's not your cuppa tea, it's probably just going to taste like jet fuel to you.
Farmer1906
AG
I really enjoy Bookers. While I don't love the price increase, I can stomach paying 70 for it.
StEdsCOOG
Thanks for the feedback guys. It doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy. The store is located in Sugar Land so if anyone is interested I'd be more than happy to swing by and ask for a price.
plowboy1065
S
For those of us that like barrel proof's, it's hard to beat Bookers
Fall92
AG
Bigfootisreal said:

A regular 10 year old or the 17?
10. I paid $59 each for two ER 1.75's earlier this year. Same store yesterday had a bottle of Stagg Jr. for $89.95. Not a huge fan so passed on that as well.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
tlfw378
AG
I've been searching high and low for Stagg Jr. I'd pay the $90 toll.
Saint Pablo
On the way to Houston last weekend, my buddies and I stopped at a random liquor store off the highway. I asked the woman there if they had in Buffalo Trace products, she replied that they had a bottle of Eagle Rare. She went to get it from the back and realized someone else sold it, but she told me she had a bottle of Stagg Jr. she would sell me for $52. $52!! Scooped it up to give to my pops for his birthday!
Farmer1906
AG
Isn't ~52 retail?
Saint Pablo
Farmer1906 said:

Isn't ~52 retail?
I believe so, but I don't often come across stuff like that for retail price. He seemed shocked that I got it for that
CyanideJenkins
AG
tlfw378 said:

Found it in Katy for $149. Highway robbery. I'd pay as much as $85 or $90, but definitely not $149. Problem is that there is some idiot out there that will pay that.
SpiderDude
AG
CyanideJenkins said:

tlfw378 said:

Found it in Katy for $149. Highway robbery. I'd pay as much as $85 or $90, but definitely not $149. Problem is that there is some idiot out there that will pay that.

Yup. Taters wouldn't exist without suckers willing to pay.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Going to the Garrison Brother tasting room. Anything actually good and worth seeking out?
agcrock2005
AG
DonaldFDraper said:

Going to the Garrison Brother tasting room. Anything actually good and worth seeking out?
OK, I'll go first. No.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Ha. Yeah. Did a flight. Not good. Cool location though.

Switched to old fashioned. It'll be a good base / change of pace before the wineries tomorrow
StEdsCOOG
I found a bottle of Blanton's and a Stagg Jr. at a liquor store off HWY 6 a couple miles south of I-10. They wanted $169 for the Blanton's and $119 for the Jr. so I passed. I already have some bottles of Blanton's so I wasn't heart broken.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
StEdsCOOG said:

I found a bottle of Blanton's and a Stagg Jr. at a liquor store off HWY 6 a couple miles south of I-10. They wanted $169 for the Blanton's and $119 for the Jr. so I passed. I already have some bottles of Blanton's so was heart broken.

Geez I saw a bottle of Stagg Jr on the shelf today in Austin for $50.
the dude10
AG
I grabbed a couple MWND at a twin liquors in austin today for $78. They had a four roses private select that I nabbed as well. Pretty big score when I just went in to grab some stuff for the tailgate tomorrow.
TamuKid
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

StEdsCOOG said:

I found a bottle of Blanton's and a Stagg Jr. at a liquor store off HWY 6 a couple miles south of I-10. They wanted $169 for the Blanton's and $119 for the Jr. so I passed. I already have some bottles of Blanton's so was heart broken.

Been looking for that for my big bend trip to no avail the last 2 weeks in Austin!
Aggie Pharmer
AG
TamuKid said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

StEdsCOOG said:

Been looking for that for my big bend trip to no avail the last 2 weeks in Austin!

This was the TL by Bone Daddy's on 183.
Farmer1906
AG
Anyone had Jospeh Magnus? Picked up a bottle today on a recommendation. Hopefully it's worth the $99. Also scored a store pick four roses single barrel.
First Page Last Page
Page 389 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.