Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,830,569 Views | 38330 Replies | Last: 53 min ago by MediAg13
SpiderDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Avocado Toast said:

First time I have ever seen them at the liquor store so I bought both.

Tater!
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

in Denver

We have friends that travel to Colorado frequently to visit family (& snag bourbon). Our theory is that people there are getting high now so good bourbon is more available. They can usually find almost anything we ask for.

FriedTex
AG
I'm heading to Red Rocks next weekend (Denver) anyone know of any honeyholes there? A place with a good number of store picks?
AlaskanAg99
AG
One of the big stores is called Applejack's. I picked up some store picks there.
CJG15
AG
Go to Argonauts, they have a good selection and good store picks
RenoAg
FriedTex said:

I'm heading to Red Rocks next weekend (Denver) anyone know of any honeyholes there? A place with a good number of store picks?

Gonna see the Avett Brothers?
FriedTex
AG
Yes sir, Friday and Sunday
Avocado Toast
AG
Yesterday Argonaut had a few bottle of that BH Caribbean reserve rye someone posted earlier on the thread.
RenoAg
Recently discovered them and saw them in Htown in March. Great show. That venue at Red Rocks is on my bucket list. Looks like a fantastic place to attend a concert. Would've gone to the same shows you are but have a large family trip planned at the same time.

Ok ok. Bourbon thread I know. But if you can't mix in some discussion of great Americana type music that includes the banjo, guitar and fiddle on a bourbon thread ..... have another pour and get over it! Bourbon solves all problems.
FriedTex
AG
To make this bourbon related, anyone been to Red Rocks and can i easily sneak a flask in?
SpiderDude
AG
Avocado Toast said:

Yesterday Argonaut had a few bottle of that BH Caribbean reserve rye someone posted earlier on the thread.

It's firmly in the "love it or hate it" category. I think it's a good poor man's Angel's Envy finished Rye.
schwack schwack
AG
Bought some BH Caribbean yesterday - not a fan. Not horrible, not expensive, never a go-to but will serve some up for tastings over the 4th.
schwack schwack
AG
Speaking of the 4th - this is a kick ass slush recipe. It's now a tradition at the lake - even the non-drinkers usually have a little.

3 cups of bourbon
24 oz frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
12 oz frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
4 cups strong brewed tea

In a 1.5 gallon pitcher mix the above. Stir in 3 quarts water. Place in freezer. Stir after 8 hours & occasionally after that. (the alcohol will pool in the middle with the watery stuff freezing on the outside - keep it stirred & slushy)

We usually start a couple of days out & use a restaurant supply container to do this & it works great. We leave ours in the freezer & use a metal scoop/measuring cup for people to self serve.

https://www.restaurantsupply.com/cambro-8sfspp190
Chipotlemonger
AG
Bourbon slush. A great nectar.
RenoAg
1st time trying a Four Roses OBSF store pick recipe. Monster 126 proof. Full of flavor after the initial punch in the mouth. Highly recommend.
planoaggie123
AG
Just got done with a small bourbon tasting with Mark and Sherri Carter of Old Carter (in last picture) at my father in laws place in Nashville. It was extremely fun and interesting to hear from them and taste of few different offerings. Will try and post pictures later.

Edit for pictures. Bad lighting.

agcrock2005
AG
Jim Beam Facility on Fire3

Glad it's not buffalo trace, but still sucks.
boboguitar
AG
ISO Jim Beam Warehouse Survivor
Robert C. Christian
AG
boboguitar said:

Aged in twice charred barrels!
boboguitar
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

boboguitar said:

Aged in twice charred barrels!
It's a very smokey bourbon.
Wheatables02
AG
ISO - Beam bourbon product special release with barrel char #3000
CactusThomas
AG
Jim Beam makes a ton of good whiskey
Ducks4brkfast
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Glad it's not buffalo trace, but still sucks.
aad03
AG
I'd take Beam's bourbon over anything Buffalo Trace is making.
Class of '03
Buck Compton
AG
aad03 said:

I like Basil Hayden's and some of the special Knob creek releases, but I can't stack them up against the top BT offerings. They're not close.
AggieBarstool
I'm with BC on this.

I think "Beam" and I think of the crap with a white label I drank my fish year in the dorms. No thanks.
SpiderDude
AG
Beam is the largest producer of bourbon in KY...and it's not even close. There are plenty of other "craft" distillers sourcing Beam juice. I love BT too but Beam knows how to make bourbon as well as anyone! I wish they'd release more Booker's Rye...:/
John Francis Donaghy
SpiderDude said:

Beam is the largest producer of bourbon in KY...and it's not even close. There are plenty of other "craft" distillers sourcing Beam juice. I love BT too but Beam knows how to make bourbon as well as anyone! I wish they'd release more Booker's Rye...:/

Superdave1993
AG
Their distiller select is much better than the $20 price tag.

I have not figured out Beam though, I really enjoy some of their stuff and others I avoid at all cost.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Y'all ever play the Jim Beam Face Game?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Toured Belle Meade yesterday. Tour was meh. Not much to them.

Tasting was decent.

Pours consisted of

Nelson's first 108 which is a 2 year whiskey of what will eventually be their flagship own distillate. It was meh.

Regular Belle Meade

Cognac finished Belle Meade

And a coffee, pecan liqueur only available in Tennessee and Texas and Montana for some odd reason. It was surprisingly good.

Gift shop had some good options. Their whole line plus a 12 year SiB, cask strength sherry SiB and they also had a few cases of their Black Belle release from the fourth so I grabbed a bottle of that
austinag1997
AG
aad03 said:

I don't like any rickhouse going up in flames. The scent inside any rickhouse is unlike any one could describe. But your statement is a bit questionable. Lets just mention that BT distills and bottles like GTS and THH. Not to mention many others. Sorry, just simply disagree.
FTAG 2000
AG
schwack schwack said:

Speaking of the 4th - this is a kick ass slush recipe. It's now a tradition at the lake - even the non-drinkers usually have a little.

3 cups of bourbon
24 oz frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
12 oz frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
4 cups strong brewed tea

In a 1.5 gallon pitcher mix the above. Stir in 3 quarts water. Place in freezer. Stir after 8 hours & occasionally after that. (the alcohol will pool in the middle with the watery stuff freezing on the outside - keep it stirred & slushy)

We usually start a couple of days out & use a restaurant supply container to do this & it works great. We leave ours in the freezer & use a metal scoop/measuring cup for people to self serve.

https://www.restaurantsupply.com/cambro-8sfspp190

This stuff was great.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

This stuff was great.

Glad you liked it. Always a big hit here.
ToddyHill
AG
Beam Suntory In Clean-Up Mode After Massive Warehouse Fire

Following a massive fire at its Versailles, Kentucky warehouse last week, Beam Suntory says it's focused on minimizing the environmental impact of the blaze. The warehouse, which contained 45,000 barrels of Bourbon, caught fire the night of July 2 and was totally destroyed. No injuries were reported. Beam Suntory is working with local emergency response teams trying to minimize damage to the environment, with runoff from the fire now moving from the Kentucky River toward the Ohio River, where it's expected to dilute significantly.
Beam noted that it operates 126 barrel warehouses across Kentucky that hold about 3.3 million barrels of whiskey. The 45,000 barrels destroyed in the fire were relatively young whiskies from the Jim Beam mashbill, and their loss is not expected to impact availability of the brand, the company said.
First Page Last Page
Page 376 of 1096

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.