Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,834,472 Views | 38371 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Aggie Therapist
RenoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody ever try Old Fitzgerald 12? I've got a couple bottles of it in my bunker and I've never tried it. Is it similar in flavor profile to Weller 12?
tandrus
AG
RenoAg said:

Anybody ever try Old Fitzgerald 12? I've got a couple bottles of it in my bunker and I've never tried it. Is it similar in flavor profile to Weller 12?
I haven't, but I'd be more than willing to take one off your hands to try :P
CactusThomas
AG
Passed through south Mississippi today. Picked up ECBP $61, Russel Reserve single barrel $49 and Master's keep decades for a lot $$$. Lots of good bottles on the shelf that dont last in Texas.
tandrus
AG
CactusThomas said:

Passed through south Mississippi today. Picked up ECBP $61, Russel Reserve single barrel $49 and Master's keep decades for a lot $$$. Lots of good bottles on the shelf that dont last in Texas.
Hope you didn't pay too much for the Master's Keep. I see it around DFW sometimes at retail.
CactusThomas
AG
I live 8 hrs from dfw. Decades was released 2 years ago, before Revival and Cornerstone. But yeah, I paid retail- which is a lot. But I consider it a good find.
RenoAg
What part of southern Mississippi if you don't mind sharing. I will be going to Brookhaven and Slidell, LA next week. Might be able to get some ecbp and mule some back for the local Htown or DFW folks. If there is any interest.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
i'm always interested in ECBP at retail. i really enjoy that stuff.
CactusThomas
AG
Just north of i10 next to waffle house, north of Biloxi .
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'm in for an ECBP!
And any EC store picks.
FriedTex
AG
it's delicious
CharlieBrown17
AG
There's a strange amount of ECBP here. North Mississippi doesn't have too much else going for it bourbon wise though
RenoAg
Aight I'll let you drunkards know if I'm able to get some.
tandrus
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

There's a strange amount of ECBP here. North Mississippi doesn't have too much else going for it bourbon wise though
Hattisburg has to be one of the best cities for bourbon (I know that's south, but it's in Mississippi)
RenoAg
I never had any luck finding anything in Jackson, MS. But it's been a few years since I've actively chased anything.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Outside of Lincoln Road, I didn't see anything worth noting

Jamie runs an awesome store though. Been through a few times.
CharlieBrown17
AG
RenoAg said:

I never had any luck finding anything in Jackson, MS. But it's been a few years since I've actively chased anything.

Definitely saw ECBP there last weekend and several Four Roses picks over 10 years
SpiderDude
AG
Headed to Pittsburgh PA for business. Any honey pot liquor stores I should check out?! Or whiskey bars for that matter???
RaylanGivens
See it in several places in Houston, at or near MSRP
tandrus
AG
What? OF13?
RenoAg
RenoAg said:

Aight I'll let you drunkards know if I'm able to get some.

Sorry fellas but it appears my business plans may be changing and I won't be able to get to the Mississippi gulf coast. #ECBPtease
Wheatables02
AG
Check your Facebook accounts for the secondary apocalypse. Fred Minnick podcasted that Facebook is going to shut down all alcohol groups.
Buck Compton
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Check your Facebook accounts for the secondary apocalypse. Fred Minnick podcasted that Facebook is going to shut down all alcohol groups.

I'm going to start a "ticket exchange" group with an established shorthand code then...

Not really, but I hate when companies think they can push morality. I'm guessing they're doing this under the guise of minors getting access to liquor?
John Francis Donaghy
Buck Compton said:

Wheatables02 said:

I'm going to start a "ticket exchange" group with an established shorthand code then...

Not really, but I hate when companies think they can push morality. I'm guessing they're doing this under the guise of minors getting access to liquor?

I wiuld suspect they're doing under the guise of not getting sued or facing criminal charges if minors do get access to liquor. Knowingly being a globally available trading platform for substances that are strictly controlled in a large number of countries seems like a tricky business.
FriedTex
AG
ECBP all over my state!

If you add in a decent service charge I'll hook you up
SpiderDude
AG
Stopped at Butcher and the Rye in Pittsburg PA last night. GREAT whiskey selection that they make available on an interactive tablet menu. I highly recommend if you're ever up that way. Had an outstanding pour of EH Taylor Straight Rye BP.
Wheatables02
AG
SpiderDude said:

Stopped at Butcher and the Rye in Pittsburg PA last night. GREAT whiskey selection that they make available on an interactive tablet menu. I highly recommend if you're ever up that way. Had an outstanding pour of EH Taylor Straight Rye BP.
There's an EHT Rye BP? Thought it was BiB.
TexasAggies06
AG
Can anyone make some recommendations for bars/restaurants with a good bourbon selection in the Dallas/Plano area? Would love to just try a pour of some of these harder-to-find selections.
FlyFish95
I was in New Orleans last weekend. Damn near very restaurant I went into had Pappy/BTAC behind the bar.
RaylanGivens
tandrus said:

What? OF13?

Masters Keep, but have also seen two stores with OF13 asking over 2.5 x MSRP in Houston
RaylanGivens
Wheatables02 said:

...told a buddy about this, he called BS, can you steer me to the podcast? Bourbon Pursuit?
SpiderDude
AG
Yup. I have the pic to prove it. 127.5 proof. It was glorious. Drank it straight up in a Glencairn.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
SpiderDude said:

Yup. I have the pic to prove it. 127.5 proof. It was glorious. Drank it straight up in a Glencairn.
that should be BT mash bill #1 and not a rye
Wheatables02
AG
RaylanGivens said:

Wheatables02 said:

...told a buddy about this, he called BS, can you steer me to the podcast? Bourbon Pursuit?
I'm calling BS too....but all the sites are going crazy. It's amazing to watch everyone panic...Its supposed to be in bourbon pursuit episode 33. Check the pinned posts from Owen on BSM. He states he is now staying for a bit. They are conforming to the new rules and it may stay up....but posts go like this now -

"I left $120 at your house last week and ended up with a Michter's BS in my bag. Will someone please return my money in trade for the bottle?"

or

"isn't this SW bottle a beauty. PM me for details".
GarlandAg2012
AG
Rapscallion: https://instagr.am/p/ByWK2gFHp6L
Standard Pour: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/a643e7_8dd55d50a9d447afbb4213fe4863df6a.pdf
Town Hearth also has a good whiskey list.
I imagine many high end steakhouses are the same.
SpiderDude
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

SpiderDude said:

that should be BT mash bill #1 and not a rye

Kudos to you sir. I could have sworn it was a Rye. The green label threw me off lol! I had to go back and check the label in my pic. It is indeed not a Rye after all. Doesn't mean it was any less delicious tho.
First Page Last Page
Page 374 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.