Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,832,229 Views | 38338 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Tksymm7
Post removed:
by user
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

BQRyno said:

That Blantons post reminds me...I have a buddy on a trip to Japan. Anything I should have him look for besides international releases of Blantons and the four roses super premium or whatever it's called?

Evan Williams makes a 12yr, red label.

And it's cheap and awesome.

Dammit, i want some! That and the other Blanton's.
Post removed:
by user
RaylanGivens
Old Ezra 7 CS hit Houston last week, anyone grab a bottle? Seems it was pretty limited.
trouble
AG
We got a bottle in College Station today. It's nice.
HouseDivided06
AG
CactusThomas said:

Barrell batch 18

This worth the $80 I'm seeing at Specs?
CactusThomas
AG
That's a tough game to play because I can think of cheaper bottles that I like better.

But at $80, I think that's a good price meaning that I doubt you will find it much cheaper than that.

To me it's worth it because I like to try different bottles and it is certainly a good drink. I am happy with it and I paid more like $90 or so.
CharlieBrown17
AG
The only barrell I've personally had that I think is worth the price is a 13 yr 125 proof store pick rye

Not a super fan of the regular batches.
turfman80
AG
Pretty darn good for $30

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
John Francis Donaghy
turfman80 said:

Pretty darn good for $30

A year ago that bottle had a simpler label and a $19 price tag.
Wheatables02
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

turfman80 said:

Pretty darn good for $30

If I recall correctly, it wasn't barrel proof though.
John Francis Donaghy
Wheatables02 said:

turfman80 said:

Pretty darn good for $30

True, it was 101 proof as opposed to 117.
CharlieBrown17
AG

Wheatables02 said:

turfman80 said:

Pretty darn good for $30

True, it was 101 proof as opposed to 117.

I like both and have a few 101s saved but the 117 is better
BearJew13
AG
SIAP- Anyone tried the Master's Collection Woodford Batch Proof? Just brought a bottle home. Had some sticker shock, but thought I'd give it a shot. Very pleased 1/2 way through the first glass.
K_P
AG
Thanks for the pour! Will say I really like it
RaylanGivens
The OE7 101 was a hot mess compared to this new stuff, IMHO. The bar has been raised...
John Francis Donaghy
BearJew13 said:

SIAP- Anyone tried the Master's Collection Woodford Batch Proof? Just brought a bottle home. Had some sticker shock, but thought I'd give it a shot. Very pleased 1/2 way through the first glass.

Yes. I'm not sure it's quite worth the price tag it carries, but it is very good. And for something of that quality level that's actually attainable through normal channels these days, I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium.
jsn1986
AG
I saw it a few places around Houston. Not bad for the price tag. I picked it up each time I found it.
MTTANK
AG
In Houston at the medical center off fanin today. Headed back to CS after. Any suggestions on stores to stop at for Ezra7? Hasn't reached our market yet and I'm curious. Any stores in general that tend to have good selection? TIA
GIG 'EM
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Specs downtown
jh0400
AG
I'd skip the downtown Spec's and try the one on Holcombe or Weslayan. Weslayan has a good selection. There is also a Total Wine on Holcombe that has a decent selection. For non-chains, Tony K's on Bissonnet gets some interesting bottles.
jsn1986
AG
Specs in the woodlands had it 2 weeks ago. Otherwise had gotten it from a mom and pop in Woodforest.
MTTANK
AG
Went to the specs at 9733 buffalo speedway, as we saw it on the way out. There happened to be two on the shelf there so grabbed one for me and one for a buddy. Thanks for the tips, got lucky and did not have to drive out of the way for it!
GIG 'EM
aggiecouch
Recent bourbon convert here. Been trying to catch up on this thread. Tons of good recs.

I've really enjoyed Bakers and the 2019 #1 version of bookers (Teresa's batch). Are y'all aware of any other similar pours? How would you describe this sort of drink, so I can look for similar descriptors going forward? Or are they totally dissimilar, meaning I'm a moron? Thanks and have a good Memorial Day weekend
SpiderDude
AG
Sounds like you're into higher proof bourbons. That's not a bad thing. Hell...I almost exclusively buy barrel strength bourbons these days... thanks to Carl Hungus that rat *******! You will usually pay a premium for these bourbons but IMO they are packed with more flavor and notes than you get at lower proofs. At least that's what I tell my lover when it wants to quit on me.
dallasiteinsa02
SpiderDude said:

Sounds like you're into higher proof bourbons. That's not a bad thing. Hell...I almost exclusively buy barrel strength bourbons these days... thanks to Carl Hungus that rat *******! You will usually pay a premium for these bourbons but IMO they are packed with more flavor and notes than you get at lower proofs. At least that's what I tell my lover when it wants to quit on me.

Did you intend to say liver or do you have issues getting equipment to work when you have had too much?
CactusThomas
AG
aggiecouch said:

Recent bourbon convert here. Been trying to catch up on this thread. Tons of good recs.

I've really enjoyed Bakers and the 2019 #1 version of bookers (Teresa's batch). Are y'all aware of any other similar pours? How would you describe this sort of drink, so I can look for similar descriptors going forward? Or are they totally dissimilar, meaning I'm a moron? Thanks and have a good Memorial Day weekend

Knob Creek single barrel 120 proof should be your next bottle. Like Bakers and Booker's it is a very good high proof bourbon distilled at Jim Beam.
aggielostinETX
AG
CactusThomas said:

aggiecouch said:

Knob Creek single barrel 120 proof should be your next bottle. Like Bakers and Booker's it is a very good high proof bourbon distilled at Jim Beam.

Bought this tonight bc the podunk ass iquor store wanted a $41 for a fifth of BT. Regular ****ing BT. Or $45 for KC SB. GTFO.
SpiderDude
AG
Yes, it's getting crazier every time I go hunting for something. Baby Sazerac and regular BT are allocated at Total Wine now (limit 1 per person). I elected to purchase EH Taylor Single Barrel instead. If i'm buying something allocated at least it should be something good.
SpiderDude
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

SpiderDude said:

Did you intend to say liver or do you have issues getting equipment to work when you have had too much?

I actually noticed the auto correct of liver to lover but since my wife isn't particularly fond of my hobby I allowed it.
RaylanGivens
It definitely read like a don't ask, don't tell situation. Not judging...
TexasAggies06
AG
I've just recently tried to check some of the smaller liquor stores around me for the stuff that has become harder to find and found a place selling a bottle of Blanton's behind the counter for $149. Is that the going rate now or a rip off? Seems insanely high but I haven't even found it available anywhere else in the DFW area.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Going rate? The store near me was selling them for about fifty bucks. FWIW.
jetch17
AG

FFS.
Robert C. Christian
AG
I may be wrong but I swear secondary is 100. In store should be 59-ish.
First Page Last Page
Page 372 of 1096

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.