Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,863,920 Views | 38666 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by trouble
Bert315
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have a buddy graduating with his masters this weekend and wanting to pickup a good bourbon in the $75 range. Suggestions on something relatively easy to find?
txag2008
AG
SweaterVest
AG
The OF1920 is a good one and below your price range. Four Roses Single Barrel is another good one at ~$60. That would be my pick.
CactusThomas
AG
EH Taylor single barrel? Is that even around right now? Not much comes to mind that's available in that price range that I would prefer over some WT rare breed or Knob Creek single barrel 120 proof.
Bert315
AG
FRSB in Katy is around $40. The over $50 range is where I struggle. My nicer bottles are Michters, OD1897, FRSB, and Angels Envy. My friend has similar taste and has many of the same bottles as I do.
SweaterVest
AG
Yeah, you're right about the 4R. I was thinking about a store pick I saw not too long ago.
Bert315
AG
CactusThomas said:

EH Taylor single barrel? Is that even around right now? Not much comes to mind that's available in that price range that I would prefer over some WT rare breed or Knob Creek single barrel 120 proof.

Actually was leaning towards EH Taylor but haven't been able to find it at the couple of Total wines and Specs I've stopped out in Houston/Katy area.
SweaterVest
AG
Does he like Rye? Could always go with Whistle Pig at ~$90 or so. The $75 range is tough for me too. So many good bourbons available for $50 and under and really special ones are going to set you back more than $100.
Bert315
AG
SweaterusVestus said:

Does he like Rye? Could always go with Whistle Pig at ~$90 or so. The $75 range is tough for me too. So many good bourbons available for $50 and under and really special ones are going to set you back more than $100.

Good idea there. I know he has a couple of ryes so the Whistle Pig is a really good idea. Know he doesn't have that bottle so may go looking for it.
SpiderDude
AG
I love my Red Handed Rye from Treaty Oak but you can't go wrong with Whistle Pig either. My favorite Rye is Angel's Envy Finished Rye but that's typically closer to $100.
LCE
AG
All great suggestions. Not a bourbon, but Redbreast 12 cask is around that price range
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Bert315 said:

SweaterusVestus said:

Good idea there. I know he has a couple of ryes so the Whistle Pig is a really good idea. Know he doesn't have that bottle so may go looking for it.
. Shouldn't be hard to find the two Costco 's I go to always have them
RaylanGivens
E.H. Taylor Single barrel is gone from the TWs and Specs, you might be lucky and find it in a Mom and Pop, but it's doubtful.
reveille23
Booker's, if you can find it, would make a hell of gift (Kentucky Chew is still available down here in some mom and pop's).

Barrel bottles some really good bourbon and whiskey, you may be able to find some Infinity Barrel that is around the $60-70 range.

Or go with Texas whiskey and get a Balcones Single Malt or Rumble Cask, those should be readily available at a Spec or TW.
CactusThomas
AG
Barrell batch 18
Ag_07
AG
I'm a scotch drinker but slowly trying to make my way into bourbon.

Picked up a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch and man that's good stuff.
Wheatables02
AG
It's terrible. Go back to school l Scotch .
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Barrell batch 18
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
RaylanGivens
Ag_07 said:

Do we really need more Bourbon drinkers?
Cloud
Ag_07 said:

The four Roses single barrel is one of my favs, but the small batch is decent too.
betadawg1
AG
I had a co-worker turn me on to Blanton's for my birthday in March. Unfortunately, very little luck finding it here in Houston. Luckily I travel frequently for work.

2 Gold from the UK
1 Gold & 1 SFTB from Germany
2 Green from Australia
1 Gold, 2 Black, 2 Red & 3 minis from Japan
1 Original Single Barrel
SpiderDude
AG
That's just not fair. I hate you and curse your family a generation each for every one of those boxes.
SpiderDude
AG
That being said... if you ever need help drinking some of those PM me!
SpiderDude
AG
Oak Liquor Cabinet in Austin has 1792 Full Proof for $45. Bought a bottle just to try it. There are still good deals to be had in retail bourbon... that's one of them. They also have Maker's cask strength for $40.
Daytona22
AG
Why has EH Taylor Four Grain gone through the roof the past few days on the secondary market?
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
I'm going to try and offload my bottle missing 4-5 ounces now.... Ridiculous.
AlaskanAg99
AG
betadawg1 said:

I had a co-worker turn me on to Blanton's for my birthday in March. Unfortunately, very little luck finding it here in Houston. Luckily I travel frequently for work.

2 Gold from the UK
1 Gold & 1 SFTB from Germany
2 Green from Australia
1 Gold, 2 Black, 2 Red & 3 minis from Japan
1 Original Single Barrel

Should you find yourself an extra black/green/red and want to sell, consider me as a willing buyer.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
malibuVLX said:

Why has EH Taylor Four Grain gone through the roof the past few days on the secondary market?

A handful of guys in Kentucky wanted to unload some of their bottles, so they spend a couple/three weeks leading up to their sales shill buying each other's bottles.
Daytona22
AG
How crazy... the secondary market is unreal.
BQRyno
AG
That Blantons post reminds me...I have a buddy on a trip to Japan. Anything I should have him look for besides international releases of Blantons and the four roses super premium or whatever it's called?
AlaskanAg99
AG
BQRyno said:

That Blantons post reminds me...I have a buddy on a trip to Japan. Anything I should have him look for besides international releases of Blantons and the four roses super premium or whatever it's called?

Evan Williams makes a 12yr, red label.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Kind of a random request but I am always on the lookout for a bottle of Nikka Yoichi 15 year. It's not made anymore so is getting harder and harder to find. Not sure if it's more available in Japan. Really good juice and not getting cheaper.
Post removed:
by user
CharlieBrown17
AG
BQRyno said:

Like previously mentioned the EW 12 but also aged stated WT101
First Page Last Page
Page 371 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.