Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,837,406 Views | 38398 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Aggie Therapist
SweaterVest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I've never done it before but I'm curious, how can being a good gambler help? I thought they were all straight raffles for the most part.
bonfiresmoke
It is getting crazy. I was in Blanco, TX Saturday and saw a bottle of OWA for $295 and a bottle of Weller 12 for $350. I just laughed and walked out. I have a god connection in Center, TX and she sells for MSRP. At least there are some good people still around.
RaylanGivens
bonfiresmoke said:

It is getting crazy. I was in Blanco, TX Saturday and saw a bottle of OWA for $295 and a bottle of Weller 12 for $350. I just laughed and walked out. I have a god connection in Center, TX and she sells for MSRP. At least there are some good people still around.

A "God connection "? Well, praise her ...and ask her if she can get the whole BTAC line
CactusThomas
AG
Is there even a secondary market value for OWA that's above MSRP?
reveille23
I just got onto BSM FB page last week just to see what kind of craziness was out there. Those fools are just bleeding money, it's unbelievable what people pay for ordinary bottles of $30 bourbon.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
You should peruse the wine groups. Makes the bourbon folks look small time.
sawemoffshort09
AG
Every now and then you can catch a bottle for MSRP plus shipping, or occasionally a good deal pops up in an auction in the facebook group, But overall the prices are outrageous. Half the people selling bottles own liquor stores and realized they can make more money selling online
betadawg1
AG
Picked this up at Total last week. The barrel didn't go very far.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
Don't they age in those mini battles?
trouble
AG
Yes, they use small barrels
AlaskanAg99
AG
750*9=6750ml or 1.78 gallons.

If they start with a 5gallon barrel that's crazy loss in 3 years.
CactusThomas
AG
142 proof! What is that in GGE?
betadawg1
AG
Not sure what size barrels they use. They also had a 26 Bottle batch and a 29 bottle batch. They were in the lower 130s proof.
FriedTex
AG
See pages 1-50 of this thread
KVB07
AG
Anyone every tried the Alamo Distilling stuff? I met the owner the other day at Total Wine in San Antonio. Super nice guy, so I bought a bottle. I wanted to like it, but it was just another Texas whiskey to me.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
I picked up 3 bottles of Eagle Rare 10 year in Thornton, CO at a liquor store called Daveco. It's a pretty big store. It was just sitting out on the shelf. They probably had 12-14 bottles of the stuff.

If you are ever in Boulder, check out the West End Tavern. I think they are pretty well known for their whiskey selection and the brisket burnt ends were great too.
LPHA
AG
LPHA
AG
https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5440/oovck5zy_jpg.htm

I used to know how to do this ****
Aggie Pharmer
AG
LPHA said:

I'm a little jealous....
RaylanGivens
That there is a trifecta...
SpiderDude
AG
LPHA said:

Where'd you score those?!
LPHA
AG
There's a store near my house in NW Houston between 610 and the Beltway. The owner put together some package with all 3. I'm not sure how many he had. The guy told me about it after I walked in as he was selling a GTS to some jerk for MSRP.
dmart90
AG
Just grabbed a bottle of 4 Roses Small Batch Select. There were 5 more bottle on the shelf at Avery Ranch Wine and Spirits in north Austin. I want to say it was around $60 a bottle. Buddy of mine in L'ville had it a while back and spoke very highly of it.

I also recently got a bottle of Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve - aged 9 years and 120 proof. I really like it! Avery Ranch Wine and Spirits had it on the shelf, too - may need to go back and get another bottle.

Edit: The 4 Roses Small Batch Select is excellent! Sweet and nutty with a nice, long, warm finish.
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
SpiderDude
AG
dmart90 said:

Just grabbed a bottle of 4 Roses Small Batch Select. There were 5 more bottle on the shelf at Avery Ranch Wine and Spirits in north Austin. I want to say it was around $60 a bottle. Buddy of mine in L'ville had it a while back and spoke very highly of it.

I also recently got a bottle of Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve - aged 9 years and 120 proof. I really like it! Avery Ranch Wine and Spirits had it on the shelf, too - may need to go back and get another bottle.

Walk across the street to Moonshine and order a pour of William Larue Weller.
jh0400
AG

Had a huge deal close and celebrated with WLW.
dmart90
AG
SpiderDude said:

dmart90 said:

Walk across the street to Moonshine and order a pour of William Larue Weller.
They have a solid selection!
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
RaylanGivens
LPHA said:

There's a store near my house in NW Houston between 610 and the Beltway. The owner put together some package with all 3. I'm not sure how many he had. The guy told me about it after I walked in as he was selling a GTS to some jerk for MSRP.
... Jesus H. tap dancing Christ, that's the definition of Honey Hole
agcrock2005
AG
jh0400 said:

Had a huge deal close and celebrated with WLW.

From my experience people that close "huge" deals don't call them "huge". Good bourbon though. Congrats on the closing!
jh0400
AG
Well considering that it was the largest simultaneous capital raise and debt repurchase my company has ever done with a bunch of other complexities to overcome, "huge" means more than just absolute size. The bourbon was great and it's one of my favorites. Good luck on hitting your quota this year.
aggielostinETX
AG
jh0400 said:

Well considering that it was the largest simultaneous capital raise and debt repurchase my company has ever done with a bunch of other complexities to overcome, "huge" means more than just absolute size. The bourbon was great and it's one of my favorites. Good luck on hitting your quota this year.

Congrats man! Everyone I know who does "deals" celebrates similarly.
agcrock2005
AG
Congrats again. I hope I can close some of my huge deals that are in play this year too.
Fall92
AG
Any deal that warrants WLW is a huge deal in my book. Congrats.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
RaylanGivens
Fall92 said:

Any deal that warrants WLW is a huge deal in my book. Congrats.
Absolutely...
Fall92
AG
The 4R SmB Select is pretty nice. Not sure it's worth more than the SiB Barrel strengths though. Was a fool and bought a Blood Oath P5 today. Not sure why I feel compelled to buy them at their price. Drinking Barrel Dovetail tonight'. Really starting to like the finished bourbons. Nice alternatives.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
jetch17
AG
Some George T. Stagg & Elmer T Lee pours in ass midland tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 370 of 1098

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.