Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,748,569 Views | 37528 Replies | Last: 44 min ago by FTAC2011
FriedTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shouldn't all of this nonsense even out in the next couple of years? They are building a ton of rickhouses, sure they will keep some to age longer, but more availability should slow down the market a bit
Credible Source
AG
aggiemike89 said:

Every time another BT product gets allocated, I'm thinking this s**t can't get any crazier. First it was Blantons, then W12, and OWA. Then RHF. Now regular BT and ER. SMH. This is nuts.

Yup
Robert C. Christian
AG
FriedTex said:

Shouldn't all of this nonsense even out in the next couple of years? They are building a ton of rickhouses, sure they will keep some to age longer, but more availability should slow down the market a bit

I think that demand creates demand. Even if production ramps, the fact these bourbons are sought after and "rare" will lead to more of the same when there is more stock available. I hope I am wrong but, I think that is how it will play out.
John Francis Donaghy
God bless Heaven Hill. Good, affordable, abundant products across the board.
SpiderDude
AG
Correct. The laws of economics will take hold at some point but the problem may become continued international growth. Especially as the asian market grows fonder of bourbon. They will... because, well... bourbon!!!
SpiderDude
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

God bless Heaven Hill. Good, affordable, abundant products across the board.

Yup.

http://bourbonr.com/blog/heaven-hill-distillery-by-mashbill/

Ducks4brkfast
AG
don't forget the wheats and the ryes!
Thisguy1
I haven't found a bottle of Eagle Rare at any liquor store in BCS in the last two years. I used to have a few places that would occasionally have it, but out of the maybe 5 years or so that I've actively looked for it, Specs has had it once and a guy had to pull it from the back.
jetch17
AG
Anyone seen any of the latest release EH Taylor Single Barrel hitting around houston? Can still find small batch regularly, but need a SiB
jh0400
AG
Told you a week ago that I have a spare if you want it.
aggiemike89
AG
Is Texas the only place that has an ER allocation? I was in Denver last fall and they were flushed with it. I don't need any, just curious.
jetch17
AG
jh0400 said:

Told you a week ago that I have a spare if you want it.

Ohhh I thought that was the Blanton's ... I'll shoot you a PM tonight.

Had just heard of the SiB hitting again and brain farted my previous post
CharlieBrown17
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

and Mellow Corn
aggiemike89
AG
Is Buck 8 a HH product? Too lazy to look it up.
Post removed:
by user
CharlieBrown17
AG
third coast.. said:

jesus christ now the buck 8 stupidity is on TA

Not a ranch hand certified comment.
Credible Source
AG
Just a heads up, just left Specs in austin and they had three bottles of Ancient Age. Probably won't last long, but it's basically Blantons so hurry!
jh0400
AG
third coast.. said:

Can someone explain howTF that became a thing on HBS? I don't get it.
Post removed:
by user
jh0400
AG
I'm still going to give the edge to the guy who posts the picture of his latest "WSR" find. Pointing guns at empty bottles is a close second.
aggielostinETX
AG
third coast.. said:

i dont know but now they are pointing guns at empty bottles and i still havent decided which one is dumber.
****ing Taters
Farmer1906
AG
third coast.. said:

This joke stopped being funny a while ago.
SpiderDude
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Done.

Btw... got hooked up by Raj with some Elijah Craig Barrel Proof yesterday!!! I'm happy as a clam now.
Fall92
AG
SpiderDude said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Done.

Btw... got hooked up by Raj with some Elijah Craig Barrel Proof yesterday!!! I'm happy as a clam now.
Which one?
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
SpiderDude
AG
Oak Liquor Cabinet.
jhn109
As a total newbie, what is HBS?
Sixdrakes
AG
Houston Bourbon Society
GarlandAg2012
AG
Are any of y'all active on the MegaFireballs Facebook group? Seems like a cool concept, more fun than just paying secondary prices for nice stuff. I just got added today and I can see it becoming somewhat addictive.
tandrus
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Are any of y'all active on the MegaFireballs Facebook group? Seems like a cool concept, more fun than just paying secondary prices for nice stuff. I just got added today and I can see it becoming somewhat addictive.

It's trouble.
trouble
AG
It's not me!
jetch17
tandrus
AG
trouble said:

It's not me!
GarlandAg2012
AG
tandrus said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

It's trouble.

Trouble as in fun but a money pit or actually sketchy? Seems like people participate with confidence.
Daytona22
AG
I've won quite a few bottles here but like all gambling it can get addicting after winning a few big bottles. Only been a couple of fake bottles sold there. For the most part you get what you paid for.
tandrus
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

tandrus said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

It's trouble.

Trouble as in fun but a money pit or actually sketchy? Seems like people participate with confidence.

I've won about 5-6 bottles, but also lost about secondary $$ equivalent to my winnings. If you're a good gambler, or have good luck, you can make out big but in my experience, it hasn't been that lucrative.
First Page Last Page
Page 369 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.