Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,871,521 Views | 38732 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by SpiderDude
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm planning to swing by Ly's and grab a couple after lunch.
Wheatables02
AG
ethyleneAG11 said:

Has anyone tried Bookers 30th Anniversary? I got a bottle and wondering if I should keep it, or try and trade for something.
haven't tried it. are you looking for anything? i would be willing to trade for one if the deal was right..
Stan Crowch
AG
Have any of you tried this before?

https://imgur.com/a/Qpvqc6O
tandrus
AG
Stan Crowch said:

I'd venture to say it's unlikely. Bottle retails at >$4K. Wowza.
Stan Crowch
AG
tandrus said:

Stan Crowch said:

Yes my buddy's BIL has a bottle he is thinking about selling. First time I had ever heard of it or seen it. Apparently he bought it in 2016
dallasiteinsa02
Stan Crowch said:

tandrus said:

Stan Crowch said:

Yes my buddy's BIL has a bottle he is thinking about selling. First time I had ever heard of it or seen it. Apparently he bought it in 2016

That would retail at a bar for $985 an ounce. Not sure if they would take their markup down a little or just move it straight to $1000.
tandrus
AG
Stan Crowch said:

tandrus said:

Stan Crowch said:

Very few on the secondary market. A few had guys getting laughed at for asking $6K, but most recently one sold under retail price <$4K. Seems like it may not hold much value over retail.
Stan Crowch
AG
tandrus said:

Stan Crowch said:

tandrus said:

Stan Crowch said:

Very few on the secondary market. A few had guys getting laughed at for asking $6K, but most recently one sold under retail price <$4K. Seems like it may not hold much value over retail.
Agree. Seems like an obscure bottle for which there is relatively little demand.
jh0400
AG
tx4guns said:

FYI my L'Encantada Armagnac pick for HBS just arrived at NASA Liquors. It's kinda pricey, but really good.

I got to Ly's at 1:15 and had to beg for a bottle. I'm shocked that it went that fast.
BQRyno
AG
I assume it's sold out?
jh0400
AG
She said she may get more today.
tx4guns
AG
The stores should get more L'Encantada this week. That was about half of it. My objective review is that it's freaking awesome. One of the best I've ever had. I think it's worth the retail price. I'm keeping a dozen of them. Just look at the comments on HBS from people that have tried it. All positive.

As for Booker's 30th, I tried it Friday. It's good, but probably worth trading for better whiskey. It's like a good Roundtable bottle. Not nearly as rich as the 25th.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
GarlandAg2012
AG
What are a few good bang for the buck bottles that don't have to be hunted too hard? I haven't kept up with the bourbon craze and it seems like stuff that should be easy to get is unavailable. I currently have some Four Roses Single Barrel that is pretty good but I'd like to try some new stuff. I'm in the Dallas area.
jh0400
AG
I've liked most of the MMPS bottles that I've tried. OF1920 is also solid and easy to find.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Is this the XO or the 25 y'all are buying?
agcrock2005
AG
OF1920 is really good IMO. Elijah Craig Small Batch is good too and easy to find. I randomly bought a Baker's bottle recently and it was pretty tasty as well. For mixing it's hard to beat Buffalo Trace for the price.
Fall92
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

What are a few good bang for the buck bottles that don't have to be hunted too hard? I haven't kept up with the bourbon craze and it seems like stuff that should be easy to get is unavailable. I currently have some Four Roses Single Barrel that is pretty good but I'd like to try some new stuff. I'm in the Dallas area.
What Agrock said. Would also throw in Eagle Rare (although it's apparently getting harder to find), Evan Williams Single Barrel, and Henry McKenna 10 yr.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
tx4guns
AG
It's an 18 year barrel proof single barrel. The XO is trash in comparison.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Excellent. The store I frequent can only get the XO. If you ever decide to part ways with your haul keep me in mind!
agcrock2005
AG
Was going to include Eagle Rare, except it's become so "rare"...
HouseDivided06
AG
What do these run? If you wanted to ship any to DFW, I would be happy to facilitate distribution.
jh0400
AG
They're right at $200 after tax.
tx4guns
AG
They will be at Big Country Liquor in Ft Worth tomorrow or Friday. Call tomorrow to make sure you reserve it. They took pre orders, so there aren't many left
CJG15
AG
Any update on when the next shipment is getting to Houston?
tx4guns
AG
It's in Houston, but the store just has to pick up the rest of the cases from the warehouse. Today or tomorrow. Call them to see when it will be in. NL still had 2 cases yesterday afternoon.
AlaskanAg99
AG
For MGP fans
https://bourbonweekly.com/2019/01/24/mgp-announces-tit-has-run-dry-will-begin-weaning-craft-distillers-off-their-whiskey-in-spring/?fbclid=IwAR2CIytkQywPAsX0EQPA0WXkTdTbmwgC-MwAx_wRVDH3hZDqCL8UH5Tu8Rg

LAWRENCEBURG, INDIANA American whiskey giant MGP Ingredients announced earlier today that their "tit has run dry," referring of course to their once endless stocks of rye and bourbon whiskey that craft distillers have suckled mercilessly for the last eight years. In the same announcement, media relations director Nancy Peterson said that the distillery will begin a gradual weaning process for those bottlers, blenders, and distillers currently addicted to "mother's milk" in hopes they'll switch over to their own distillate by 2020
aTm '99
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Wheatables02 said:

ethyleneAG11 said:

Has anyone tried Bookers 30th Anniversary? I got a bottle and wondering if I should keep it, or try and trade for something.
haven't tried it. are you looking for anything? i would be willing to trade for one if the deal was right..

Not looking for anything specific, I'd probably trade for a few bottles of SFTB if anyone had them though.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

For MGP fans
https://bourbonweekly.com/2019/01/24/mgp-announces-tit-has-run-dry-will-begin-weaning-craft-distillers-off-their-whiskey-in-spring/?fbclid=IwAR2CIytkQywPAsX0EQPA0WXkTdTbmwgC-MwAx_wRVDH3hZDqCL8UH5Tu8Rg

LAWRENCEBURG, INDIANA American whiskey giant MGP Ingredients announced earlier today that their "tit has run dry," referring of course to their once endless stocks of rye and bourbon whiskey that craft distillers have suckled mercilessly for the last eight years. In the same announcement, media relations director Nancy Peterson said that the distillery will begin a gradual weaning process for those bottlers, blenders, and distillers currently addicted to "mother's milk" in hopes they'll switch over to their own distillate by 2020
That press release reads like an Onion article
GarlandAg2012
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

For MGP fans

That press release reads like an Onion article
I'm pretty sure thats a satire blog.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Ok. I see that now.
AlaskanAg99
AG
***** Is it?!
The aged MGP juice can't last forever given how many are relabeling it.

Yup. I was Hoodwinked. Even says so in the About.

Disclaimer

The 'news' on this site is satire. As such, any article you read here is simply put, untrue. This site is designed for entertainment purposes and is not meant to be taken seriously. If you do take it seriously, we are all going to make fun of you on the internet, like this guy:
aTm '99
tx4guns
AG
It can last a long, long time. They're producing 1.5 million barrels a year. To put that into perspective Buffalo Trace produces around 100k barrels per year.
vpracer
AG
Rio Brazos - Texas Bourbon Whiskey

Specs guy just talked me into it. Anyone had it? Did I get shanked on the deal?

AGGIEZ99
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

As others have mentioned, Eagle Rare is one of my favorites. It's getting more difficult to find at pure retail price ($28-32 for a 750ml) but I've seen it in the wild quite a bit at $40. I love the Old Forester 1910 and 1920...although I prefer the 1910 more. And the simple Buffalo Trace is dang good for the price. It's actually hard to come by in some parts of the country along with Weller Special Reserve. I'm always shocked whenever someone posts pics of those two in their "finds of the day" on Bourbon Finder.
First Page Last Page
Page 359 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.