Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,870,099 Views | 38703 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by AgDev01
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drinks ~$30 bourbon
LPHA
AG
Thank you
lazuras_dc
AG
Over holidays I Had some William Larue Weller and it was great.

Also tried a Templeton rye 6yr and made one of the best old fashioneds I've done yet!

62strat
AG
rshackelford said:

Lol it's whatever man. Everyone can like what they like. I WISH ER wasn't so popular so I could get another bottle for cheap AF
where are you?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Took advantage of being home instead of Mississippi over holidays

IBMs_Watson
I thought there were no ER store-picks this year. Was this one being held in the back?
CharlieBrown17
AG
I've heard that as well but it says spring 2018. They have been not letting groups pick in 2018 though and this could've been picked last year and released this year.

Edit for what I meant to say earlier, speculation on the pick and release date outside of what the sticker says.
AggieBarstool
I was in El Paso, TX over the Christmas break and ER was plentiful. I found it in, literally, every liquor store I went to (about a dozen over the course of a week). Mom & Pop places as well as Spec's and Western Beverages. Avg. price ~$35.

Also found a WB that had 5 bottles of Blanton's for $55/bottle. When I acted surprised, the cashier thought I was mental or something; she said they have it on their shelves regularly. I bought two bottles (one for me and one for a friend).
John Francis Donaghy
AggieBarstool said:

I was in El Paso, TX over the Christmas break and ER was plentiful. I found it in, literally, every liquor store I went to (about a dozen over the course of a week). Mom & Pop places as well as Spec's and Western Beverages. Avg. price ~$35.

Also found a WB that had 5 bottles of Blanton's for $55/bottle. When I acted surprised, the cashier thought I was mental or something; she said they have it on their shelves regularly. I bought two bottles (one for me and one for a friend).

That's how things are when there aren't hoards of mouthbreathers who read blog posts about how amazing these mid-range bourbons are, and immediately rush out to their local stores to clear the shelves and posts pics of their new "collection" on Facebook.
Credible Source
AG
Right? ****in crotch shots of Eagle rare and EHT small batch? Wtf
AlaskanAg99
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Aren't WB store picks 375ml? $55 is really high?
Basing this off the Blanton's and Buff Trace rleases here in Houston.
aTm '99
Wheatables02
AG
quiet thread today....t-sip game got me like -

ECBP B918
Weller 107
Brooklyn Brewery Black Ops 2016 - all but 5 oz...
Weller 107
Woodford Reserve Double Oak - Goody Goody Pick
dmart90
AG
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/02/business/kentucky-owl-bourbon-tourism-napa.html

Interesting article.
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
AggieBarstool
AlaskanAg99 said:

AggieBarstool said:

Aren't WB store picks 375ml? $55 is really high?
Basing this off the Blanton's and Buff Trace rleases here in Houston.

No? The bottles I picked up are 750s.
boboguitar
AG
dmart90 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/02/business/kentucky-owl-bourbon-tourism-napa.html

Interesting article.
That is a great example of what's wrong with the american bourbon boom right now, despite the article painting it in the best light possible.
planoaggie123
AG
Here is the end result of my Christmas thanks to my father-in-law...

1) Goose Island Reserve Bourbon County Brand Stout

2) Blantons

3) Rabbit Hole

4) EH Taylor SMall Batch

tripperwill
AG
I had Rabbit Hole for the first time last week while I was in Louisville. I liked it quite a bit.
planoaggie123
AG
Good to hear!

My father-in-law is in Nashville and has quite the bourbon collection and makes runs up through KY frequently...he gives me the things he no longer wants which still are usually pretty solid....

My brother-in-law opened his Goose Island stout and while interesting it is not my cup of tea. I will hang to it but doubt I will drink it....
Hootie
AG
Long time bourbon drinker here...been lurking on this page for a while.

I picked up a store pick Russell's Reserve Single Barrel today and like it way more than I thought I would. Anyone else like this one?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I had a fantastic one recently that I can't wait to revisit on February 1st!
Hootie
AG
Sorry...should have clarified. I got the store pick at J&J in Austin.

I could get in trouble with this one. I'm not an expert by any means, but it's very smooth for a 110 proof.
FriedTex
AG
Hootie said:

Long time bourbon drinker here...been lurking on this page for a while.

I picked up a store pick Russell's Reserve Single Barrel today and like it way more than I thought I would. Anyone else like this one?

You can get a TON of value out of a good one of these
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
It was a barrel for Eight Row Flint I've had for a while and just opened around Christmas.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Is it a nickel city pick being sold through J&J?

Nickel city usually does a solid job.
Post removed:
by user
Hootie
AG
It is a Nickel City pick. I went today and picked up their Whistlepig store pick...also very good.
jh0400
AG
Any interest in C+S on one of those WP picks to Houston? I'd also throw a couple of other WP samples back your way.
Hootie
AG
I only got one and I already opened it for a taste

If I can get by there one day next week during work I'll pick one up for you.
jh0400
AG
If you can that's awesome. Let me know.
tx4guns
AG
Just got back from a 4 day trip to Kentucky this afternoon. We toured Angels Envy, Four Roses Coxs Creek, New Riff, Buffalo Trace, and Castle & Key. Ate some good food and drank lots of good whiskey. New Riff and Castle & Key are upcoming stars in the bourbon world. Look for great whiskey to hit Texas from both of them in 2-4 years. No barrel picks this trip, but I'm going back in April.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Hope you get a new riff pick sorted out!

Had one lined up for the group I'm part of in Mississippi but the state controlled board had it dead on arrival without new riff being committed to becoming brokered into Mississippi.
tx4guns
AG
Yeah, they only send product to KY, IN, and OH right now I believe. They aren't producing the volume yet to branch out. They will be within 2 years. They're doing things right, and their whiskey is top notch with a great price. As soon as we're able, we'll have single barrels coming into Houston.
First Page Last Page
Page 356 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.