Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,852,947 Views | 38543 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TexAgs1992
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just bought an AH Hirsch 16 yr Reserve for $3,000.... for a friend.
rshackelford
AG
Got a bottle of Pikesville per some of your recommendations and gave it a taste last night. I was no disappointed!
CharlieBrown17
AG
Yeah those states sound right

They were willing to have us pick a barrel and pick up the bottles in the gift shop, no idea how Texas plays the game but Mississippi didn't like that idea one bit.

Their bottled in bond is suprisingly good, should have a SiB someone C+S to me here today
AlaskanAg99
AG
austinag1997 said:

I see those come up and all I can think of is those would be insanely easy to fake. I can't imagine any haven't been drained, refilled and rewaxed.
aTm '99
tandrus
AG
austinag1997 said:

Where from? Dorignac's in New Orleans had one for $3K too. Said they "found it hidden in a stack of crap in the back office"
jh0400
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

austinag1997 said:

I see those come up and all I can think of is those would be insanely easy to fake. I can't imagine any haven't been drained, refilled and rewaxed.

This is one reason I've never ordered a glass at a bar. I don't want to spend $200+ on a glass from a bottle that just "showed up" without provenance.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Just got here today, 111 proof

Señor Chang
AG
What's the msrp on that?
CharlieBrown17
AG
49.99 if you find someone willing to ship/mule one.

75-85 secondary if you don't.
AlaskanAg99
AG
The d the New Riff sourced juice or distilled/aged in house?
aTm '99
CharlieBrown17
AG
Anything with the New Riff name is distilled in house

Their sourced stuff was released as OKI
Curios Ag
AG
If you're ever in Portland, make sure to visit the Whiskey Library.

Multnomah Whiskey Library
Fall92
AG
Picked up an ER 1.75 and a Little Book 2 down in corpus today. Silver lining to an otherwise bad trip home.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
tripperwill
AG
What did you think of the Angel's Envy she Castle & Key tours? I haven't been to either of those yet and will be traveling back to Louisville in a couple months.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
Angels Envy tour is $20 per person. It's a nice tour. Beautiful facility. They pour a couple pours for free at the end, then you can buy a cocktail in the bar. Do it. They make great drinks.

Castle & Key was a private tour with their operations manager bc I know him thru a mutual friend. We spent 4 hours with him. Their normal tour won't give you that experience, but I highly recommend a visit just to see the place. It's amazing.
CactusThomas
AG
Did you open that new riff bottle? Interested in your thoughts.
tx4guns
AG
I opened both the single barrel CS bourbon and BIB Rye last night. The Rye is just fantastic for a 4 year old whiskey. Once they get more age, he'll be ahead of Willett. The bourbon is young, but still very good and drinkable. For a 2 year old it's fantastic. I enjoyed both pours. And I'm extremely critical of whiskey.
Vade281
AG
I have a coworker coming in from North Carolina tomorrow and she hasn't been able to find it
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Wheatables02
AG
I've got a 4 year old BIB New Riff. It's good but still young IMO. Very drinkable, but not preferred straight, yet.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Opening the new riff with a friend tomorrow. He has a BiB I tried and enjoyed a few weeks ago, which is I went ahead and got the SiB. I can enjoy it neat personally.
CharlieBrown17
AG
You sure the SiB is 2 years? Mine is about a week over 4 per the pick label and the back label says aged at least 4 years which I assumed meant all SiB are 4 years.
Post removed:
by user
austinag1997
AG
tandrus said:

austinag1997 said:

Where from? Dorignac's in New Orleans had one for $3K too. Said they "found it hidden in a stack of crap in the back office"

Not anymore... its in Austin now.
austinag1997
AG
jh0400 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

austinag1997 said:

This is one reason I've never ordered a glass at a bar. I don't want to spend $200+ on a glass from a bottle that just "showed up" without provenance.

Meh... Dorignacs sources a lot of good bourbon and wine. They have bottles of Schrader RBS, quite a bit of BTAC, etc.
tx4guns
AG
It's 4 years. I misspoke.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Ok New Riff SiB is seriously impressive. Had a really great nose, decent palate that turned dry into a short finish. The young age really showed in how it drank more than the taste. Not any strong corn notes or anything like that.

That's really impressive first run bourbon. Hopefully they manage inventory well so they'll have ten year bourbon in six years unlike a lot of start ups.
CactusThomas
AG
Barrel proof at 111 is appealing to me. Got to be a lot of flavor in there.
CactusThomas
AG
Any thoughts on Booker's 30th anniversary?
EastTexAg14
AG
Just heard on Bourbon Pursuit podcast the Weller 107 is going up in price to 49.99 next release while W12 stays the same. Can anyone confirm this?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
hard the same about a month ago.
FriedTex
AG
EastTexAg14 said:

Just heard on Bourbon Pursuit podcast the Weller 107 is going up in price to 49.99 next release while W12 stays the same. Can anyone confirm this?

Good I'm out of state so i can never find it. You Texas boys should feel the pinch somehow too
boboguitar
AG
I'm in texas and I'd gladly pay $50 for 107...
claybot
AG
Hope this place gets the new pricing memo

CharlieBrown17
AG
Unfortunately I think that's going to be low for the 1.75s here very shortly. They're supposedly being discontinued.
First Page Last Page
Page 357 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.