Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,834,919 Views | 38373 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Aggie Therapist
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sixdrakes said:

I've been offloading W12 handles for $220 to the yankees for the last couple weeks. They lose their minds over W12. You can probably get 2 MWNDs if you cover shipping both ways in a trade.

I just someone offer some stupid shot for shipping to NYC...
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Sixdrakes
AG
Deats said:

Sixdrakes said:

I've been offloading W12 handles for $220 to the yankees for the last couple weeks. They lose their minds over W12. You can probably get 2 MWNDs if you cover shipping both ways in a trade.

I just someone offer some stupid shot for shipping to NYC...
Yes, NYC is not the optimal trade situation....
aggielostinETX
AG
I meant I "saw"

Its ridiculous
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
tandrus
AG
Sixdrakes said:

Got any more? Haha
tx4guns
AG
third coast.. said:

i almost unloaded 10k of bourbobn to buy a rolex a month ago so i am not above taking advantage.

Almost? Chicken!
BQRyno
AG
I have an old label big boy w12, sounds like I need to go fishing on bsm. Haven't been on there in a while.
showtime
AG
I learned the hard way: don't open a bottle if you're not going to drink it relatively quickly. Back in my early bourbon-hunting days, when you could walk into a store and find BTAC or VW sitting on a shelf, I opened a 12-year VWFR for a friend's going-away party. Having had (at that point) open bottles of THH and GTS sitting for a few months, I didn't think there would be a problem. Then I learned that the higher alcohol content of the barrel-proofed whiskeys keeps them from getting skunky. Luckily it was just the 12-year-old and not the 23.

But I ended up with a lot of other bottles of skunky bourbon. I keep those around for the dilettantes and the people who want to mix their whiskey with coke. It presents a quandary because my consumption level has declined. I have bottles upon bottles of nice, expensive, rare bourbon that I haven't opened because I won't drink them quickly enough, and there aren't enough people to share with.

anyway.

!
Wrec86 Ag
Started a separate thread, but maybe should have posted here. (I apologize for the redundancy)

My father is retiring, and we want to buy him a special bottle of whiskey.

Maybe $200-500 dollars + engraving it or something similar?

I know he likes Macallan 18, but he also drinks Crown, Jack, etc, so almost anything goes.

Any help would be appreciated.
aggiemike89
AG
Anybody else going to the WB raffle tomorrow at willowbrook? I knew about it but got the call today. The guy told me the willowbrook location has about 60 bottles. Some of those are probably blantons or eagle rare but the others sounded interesting.
Credible Source
AG
If he likes Jack, check out the "Jack daniels Frank sinatra edition" It's outstanding and near that price point. I think about $175
Post removed:
by user
AlaskanAg99
AG
aggiemike89 said:

Anybody else going to the WB raffle tomorrow at willowbrook? I knew about it but got the call today. The guy told me the willowbrook location has about 60 bottles. Some of those are probably blantons or eagle rare but the others sounded interesting.

I'm so beat to hell tired now at 8am I was going to skip it at a different store. But with 60 bottles I may change my.mind. I'd be so pissed to win a shelf turd ER though.
aTm '99
SweaterVest
AG
The manager at the Conroe location told me ~70 bottles but it is generally one of the better attended raffles. Last year there were around 100 people she said and this year she expects 150 or more.
AlaskanAg99
AG
It's going to be packed at every store. Those ratios are higher than I expected so it's now worth going.
aTm '99
John Francis Donaghy
Are the bottle counts higher because they got more of the rare stuff, or because they're including more shelf turds in their raffle to make it seem like they have more rare stuff?

My cynical guess would be the latter.
CharlieBrown17
AG
It's free to play and you don't have to buy if you win right?

I'd go to one if I was in Texas, decent enough odds at something better than ER/Blantons.
SweaterVest
AG
Probably the latter. I'm going to be pissed if I get drawn for an ER10. I wonder if you can put your name back in the hat if you decide to pass on what you're drawn for?
AlaskanAg99
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Are the bottle counts higher because they got more of the rare stuff, or because they're including more shelf turds in their raffle to make it seem like they have more rare stuff?

Probably the latter. I hope when I show up they will have a list so you can determine if it's worth sticking around.
aTm '99
CharlieBrown17
AG
SweaterusVestus said:

Probably the latter. I'm going to be pissed if I get drawn for an ER10. I wonder if you can put your name back in the hat if you decide to pass on what you're drawn for?

I thought most of these they draw and you pick from what's left?
SweaterVest
AG
That would be nice. At least then I can leave when it gets down to the stuff that can easily be found elsewhere. I'm not sure how this one will work
HouseDivided06
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

SweaterusVestus said:

I thought most of these they draw and you pick from what's left?
Pretty sure that is how it works. You get picked, you can choose from what is left, or you can pass and leave.
SweaterVest
AG
Good to know, thanks.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Normally, once the 3 BTAC bottles are taken, the place empties out leaving just the OMG BLANTONS people
AlaskanAg99
AG
Even better, no sitting around for 2hrs while they go through the turds.
aTm '99
Sixdrakes
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

My local told me they have W12, Blantons, ER, EHT, Angels Envy, etc along with a handful of BTAC, ORVW, and Lot B. She said they are starting with the W12 first. I really hope you can decline a bottle and re-enter your name in the hat for a better one. However, I believe most people will feel the same way and this raffle could turn into a cluster with everyone declining for a better bottle. Last year you had the pick of the litter when your name was drawn.
jh0400
AG
I am seriously considering skipping this year. There is a WB on my way home, but the only thing I'd be remotely interested in would be a GTS, THH, WLW, or VWFRR (which I'm not sure is even available this year). Fighting a crowd to get a W12 that I don't even want doesn't sound like fun. That being said, I wouldn't mind having a 1.75 to put on BSM in exchange for WP store picks.
AlaskanAg99
AG
...and my wife just scheduled me to do something else.

Y'all have fun...it was my year for all the Pappiez. Maybe you'll get them instead
aTm '99
EastTexAg14
AG
WB at Bunkerhill sounded like they have more of the hard to find bottles like BTAC and PVW 23
the dude10
AG
Gonna have to stay the whole time at the one I am at. Started with weller 12 and will auction something every 10 mins until 8:00
Credible Source
AG
So lame
BQRyno
AG
Mine also said they're starting with w12. Wtf. Just let people pick like they've done before. Why mess up a good thing and making getting picked first a punishment?
SweaterVest
AG
Got second draw and picked WLW at Willowbrook. Not bad!
BQRyno
AG
Yup, starting with w12 and letting people pass if they don't want it. And only drawing every 5 minutes. Whatever moron made this decision needs to take a long walk off a short pier.
BQRyno
AG
And they're letting people enter even though the drawing has already started.
Wheatables02
AG
Lewisville is all Buffalo Trace products and you don't get to pick the bottle. You get to buy whatever bottle is announced before you are called.
First Page Last Page
Page 347 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.