Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,836,289 Views | 38389 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Habanero Guero
SweaterVest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Their website lists two raffles, one Dec. 6 and one Dec. 12. I called a couple of the stores that were on the Dec. 6 list and was told that their raffles had been moved to Dec. 12. I'll try to post the list of stores later this morning, but you can find it via google search. I'd call ahead before showing up.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Sweet. I'll be calling around. Already informed the wide she's going...she enjoys Bourbon so I didn't have to promise her anything.

Of course if she wins she probably won't let me have any.
aTm '99
Stan Crowch
AG
Anyone have anything good they are willing to sell? BTAC, ORVW, Pappy, good barrel picks etc...have a friend looking to buy a good gift for someone who appreciates bourbon.
jh0400
AG
You can get anything you want in BSM.
Stan Crowch
AG
I know I just figured I would ask here first.
Alr3111
AG
shoot me an email at arusso3111 at gmail,com. I may be able to help you.
jsn1986
AG
Last year the one i went to had a couple Van Winkle, about 1 of each antique collection and a couple other decentish bottles. Stores in Houston seem to all be 12/12.
07ag
AG
jsn1986 said:

Last year the one i went to had a couple Van Winkle, about 1 of each antique collection and a couple other decentish bottles. Stores in Houston seem to all be 12/12.
how much of a cluster-f--- do these raffles tend to be? never been to one before
Ducks4brkfast
AG
if standing around a crowded liquor store for 2 hours with a couple hundred dudes all while someone pulls tickets out a cup with everyone ewwwwing and awwwiwng as winners walk up to the counter to snatch a sweet bottle of Blantons isn't you're thing you'll be miserable.
CactusThomas
AG
Sounds awesome
CharlieBrown17
AG

Gotta make sure you unpack in the right order
TXAGGIES
Ducks4brkfast said:

if standing around a crowded liquor store for 2 hours with a couple hundred dudes all while someone pulls tickets out a cup with everyone ewwwwing and awwwiwng as winners walk up to the counter to snatch a sweet bottle of Blantons isn't you're thing you'll be miserable.

Is it really that hard to get in DFW? I walked into a liquor store in Mississippi asking for it, and a week later they called me and said it was in. It is for my father-in-law but may keep it for myself
CactusThomas
AG
No. That's the joke.
jsn1986
AG
Anyone had the Balcones Rumble Cask Reserve? Picked it up bc I hadn't seen the Cask Reseeve before
Prune Tracy
Post removed:
by user
CharlieBrown17
AG
Based on the amounts you said you're drinking...I just drink a hell of a lot less.

I probably average a drink a night of bourbon. If I have multiples one is usually really good and the others are ok to good.

I started bourbon seriously about a year ago. Think my first "good" bottle was a Four Roses SiB during finals last year.
Fall92
AG
I buy 1-2 new bottles every pay period. Quick way to get a decent collection started and doesn't hit the wallet all at once.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Buck Compton
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Gotta make sure you unpack in the right order

How do you even amass that much? I bought two bottles at the same time (Weller SR and McKenna BIB) one time and they were both gone within two weeks. My wife even commended me on my ability to let them sit. More recently, I bought a 1.75 if Weller SR on Tuesday. I should finish it off tonight.

How do you have that much good bourbon and refrain from bathing in it, nightly? I usually drink **** and it doesn't sit long enough to think about gathering dust.
Dude, if you bought a 1.75 on Tuesday and finished it tonight... you may need to slow down. That's like 11-12 oz. a night (like four very solid glasses)... you do you, but I definitely couldn't do that.
Wheatables02
AG
I also am sitting on over a hundred bottles over 4 years. Maybe 4 brands are duplicates with 2-4 extras of each. So much cheaper to buy a bottle then try a few pours sometimes.
John Francis Donaghy
About 130 at last count here. When you want to try everything you get to a point where you buy them faster than you can drink them, and they just start to accumulate.

I'm trying to swing the other way now. Finish all the opens before I buy anything new. Either that or I'm going to have to buy a 3rd bookcase.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
Anyone have a inside on where I could track down a bottle Michters 10yr? Trying to get a bottle as a gift for a buddy graduating from med school, but having no luck, been looking for about 6 months now. Any help would be appreciated.
jh0400
AG
BSM or get lucky in a store lottery.
agcrock2005
AG
BSM on Facebook
Crazy Ag 97
AG
Thanks for the input. I figured lottery or just plain dumb luck at some small town store was my only shot. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is BSM?
Wheatables02
AG
Crazy Ag 97 said:

Thanks for the input. I figured lottery or just plain dumb luck at some small town store was my only shot. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is BSM?
A Facebook group with 27,000 members. About 26,500 of them are soulless people who buy up all the good booze and immediately resell it for profit.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Crazy Ag 97 said:

A Facebook group with 27,000 members. About 26,500 of them are soulless people who buy up all the good booze and immediately resell it for profit.
Ah, I should've realized. I am actually a member of that group, but i'm one of the few that buys the stuff to drink it or give it away.
Wheatables02
AG
third coast.. said:

Wheatables02 said:

Crazy Ag 97 said:

lol perfect
However, I just did trade a poor tater a handle of Weller 12 for a Parker's Heritage Barrel Finished and Old Ezra 7 year Barrel Strength....
CactusThomas
AG
Wheatables02 said:

third coast.. said:

Wheatables02 said:

Crazy Ag 97 said:

lol perfect
However, I just did trade a poor tater a handle of Weller 12 for a Parker's Heritage Barrel Finished and Old Ezra 7 year Barrel Strength....

That's murder
aggielostinETX
AG
CactusThomas said:

Wheatables02 said:

third coast.. said:

Wheatables02 said:

Crazy Ag 97 said:

lol perfect

That's murder

I got a handle I need to move. Think I can get a tater to give me SOAS and MWND?
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
CactusThomas
Sixdrakes
AG
I've been offloading W12 handles for $220 to the yankees for the last couple weeks. They lose their minds over W12. You can probably get 2 MWNDs if you cover shipping both ways in a trade.
First Page Last Page
Page 346 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.