Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,864,713 Views | 38666 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by trouble
Credible Source
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I celebrated with a huge ass cigar and George T Stagg. Hell of night, Aggies! Cheers.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Opened a Baker's 107 7yr I bought on Friday. Cork disentagrated open opening. Wine screw to pull it out.

Bummer. Shoved a wine cork in it's place.
aTm '99
CharlieBrown17
AG
The new Jack Daniel's heritage release is really damn good.

Vanilla and baking spice bomb
Fall92
AG
Celebrated w/ some WhistlePig 15 (the blue label). Not sure it's worth the co$t but it's damn good.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
jh0400
AG
I love WP 15, but I'm not sure it's worth 1.5x the premium over the 13 year MGP picks that are out there right now.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Anyone seen BTAC in Texas yet?
aggielostinETX
AG
Drinking Jefferson's Manhattans tonight.

Not bad for an easy cocktail.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
third coast.. said:

you serious clark?

Obviously not on the shelf buddy...Not what I'm asking. I'm talking about between anyone's contacts at stores, has anyone gotten any in? I've gotten BTAC from the owner at my store Thanksgiving week/last week of Nov. the past 3 years, and I haven't heard anything this year so I was just gauging if it had hit Texas yet.
Credible Source
AG
ethyleneAG11 said:

third coast.. said:

you serious clark?

Obviously not on the shelf buddy...Not what I'm asking. I'm talking about between anyone's contacts at stores, has anyone gotten any in? I've gotten BTAC from the owner at my store Thanksgiving week/last week of Nov. the past 3 years, and I haven't heard anything this year so I was just gauging if it had hit Texas yet.

It did last week.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
If y'all remember the bottle pick last year for M&R Liquors and missed out, well here is your chance to get your hands on it again. We did another bottle pick with a great group of guys. Hope y'all enjoy!

Details below:

WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Well my store was right on time, guess I shouldn't have gotten impatient. Picking up a Thomas Handy + ORVW 10. Christmas in November!
BQRyno
AG
Anybody see any dates for WB Liquors raffles? They have to be coming up soon.
AlaskanAg99
AG
BQRyno said:

Not yet, but I will be at them.
aTm '99
CactusThomas
AG
What area are you in?
Sixdrakes
AG
BQRyno said:

The manager at my local store in the Houston area told me they are next week. She also said they are planning to have them all on the same night in order to prevent people from attending multiple raffles. This is what I was told earlier in the week.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Sixdrakes said:

BQRyno said:

The manager at my local store in the Houston area told me they are next week. She also said they are planning to have them all on the same night in order to prevent people from attending multiple raffles. This is what I was told earlier in the week.
yeah would really suck as a business owner to have a crowd of people show up on multiple occasions.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Sixdrakes said:

BQRyno said:

Boo.

Any idea which night? And I gotta drive out to Ryan's liquor in Spring to get on their raffle list. Only chance to get these.
aTm '99
Sixdrakes
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Sixdrakes said:

BQRyno said:

yeah would really suck as a business owner to have a crowd of people show up on multiple occasions.
If you were at the one I attended last year, you would understand the reason they want all these on the same night. Saying it was a cluster **** is an understatement.
Sixdrakes
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Sixdrakes said:

BQRyno said:

Boo.

Any idea which night? And I gotta drive out to Ryan's liquor in Spring to get on their raffle list. Only chance to get these.
Wednesday or Thursday. They were waiting for corporate to nail down the date. Again, this is just what a store manager told me.
Credible Source
AG
Just got a call that I can grab a GTS or 4R 130th at retail, but I have to chose. Anyone here have an opinion on that? I have an '18 GTS already but it's been my favorite historically.
CactusThomas
AG
Got the call for Handy, Stagg and RIP 10. I only went with GTS.
aggielostinETX
AG
I'll take your GTS!!

AggieKatie2 said:
aggielostinETX
AG
Deats said:

More on the trilogy.

It's a release of 950 limited cases. The secondary is all over the place. It's just sitting in my bar right now.

AggieKatie2 said:
CactusThomas
AG
I saw they had some of the 3 blood oath sets like that at specs in college station on the shelf. $350 I think.
CactusThomas
AG
Deats said:

I'll take your GTS!!

Would consider trades.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Don't tell the lady friend
CharlieBrown17
AG
I'll be driving back to college station the weekend of December 15th.

Would be willing to mule back ECBP at cost for interested parties in CS. Would probably need to meet that Sunday due to other obligations. Think only C918 is on shelves now. 65+tax
aggielostinETX
AG
Going for $600 on BSM. Pretty quick turn.

AggieKatie2 said:
jh0400
AG
Made it a point to spend frequently at some smaller shops this year hoping for a call on THH. Doesn't look like that's going to happen. I haven't decided if I'm ready to drop $350 on BSM to get one, or just keep paying $18 a glass at a bar whenever I need a fix.
Credible Source
AG
You can't just sit back and wait for a call, you gotta call them and stay on them if you want a call when it arrives. They get a small number and dozens of people want the bottles. Squeaky wheel bro
Señor Chang
AG
For everyone getting calls for BTAC and other allocated stuff: Approximately how much do you spend per year at these shops?
Credible Source
AG
It's really more about making friends and buying the good stuff when they have it, not just BTAC. Store picks, tastings etc. Then when you know it's coming, you call them and stop in all the time asking.
AlaskanAg99
AG
My local I go in once a week when I know the owner will be there and I spend about $50. He holds some stuff back for me but he has.other buyers who out spend me. So...work in progress.

It's crazy how much people spend on booze.

Course I drink mine and not jerk off to it on the shelf.
aTm '99
CharlieBrown17
AG
I also usually bring a sample bottle back of something new if I know the owner hasn't had it or isn't planning on keeping a bottle of the first case or two they get
First Page Last Page
Page 344 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.