Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,847,504 Views | 38480 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by rca21978
CactusThomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Picked up EH Taylor single barrel and Wild Turkey Master's Keep Revival. Still need to get over to specs to pick up my Parker's Heritage.
aggielostinETX
AG
Thoughts on 1792 Bottled in Bond?
DallasAggie2012
AG
Headed through the Tokyo airport next week and was wondering if there was anything special I should be on the lookout for outside of the other Blantons? Any recommended Japanese whiskies or others that I might be able to get there and not in the states?
Fall92
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

I've heard good things. It's 94p, IIRC, so not as high as the 1920. I will buy it when I see it.
Cracked the 1910 open last night. Much different taste than the 1920. It's doubled barreled so more char/oak and chocolate flavors. Probably the darkest bourbon I've had in a while but a beautiful color. I still prefer the 1920 but would def recommend picking up a bottle of 1910 if you come across one. It's definitely in the top two in the series.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
jh0400
AG
It's on my list to try, but I've never seen it on the shelf and anytime I've seen it at a bar there were other things I was more interested in trying.
CharlieBrown17
AG
8 year turkey and Evan Williams 12
aggielostinETX
AG
jh0400 said:

It's on my list to try, but I've never seen it on the shelf and anytime I've seen it at a bar there were other things I was more interested in trying.

Picked up a GG single barrel
MooreTrucker
AG
Has there been discussion on TX, especially now that they've released the straight bourbon? SIAP but I couldn't find it.
Wheatables02
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Has there been discussion on TX, especially now that they've released the straight bourbon? SIAP but I couldn't find it.
TX Bourbon, like most bourbons from TX, is not very good. It may be too young at 3 years, so we should have a better idea in 4-8 years if they age it that long.

The climate in TX is just not comparable to KY and the long winters they get. This seems to be a majority consensus.
bigevent99
AG
Picked up a blantons gold in London last week. What's that worth on the secondary market? Never had it, might just drink it.
Post removed:
by user
aggielostinETX
AG
bigevent99 said:

Picked up a blantons gold in London last week. What's that worth on the secondary market? Never had it, might just drink it.
You shoulda picked up 5...
aggielostinETX
AG
third coast.. said:

you will make about 50 bucks on the sale, or you could drink something thats not available in the US.
This.
Credible Source
AG
Drink the Blantons gold.
jh0400
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Drink the Blantons gold.

Seconded. The experience is worth more than the $50 you could make selling. That being said, I'm a buyer if you want to sell.
Ringo88
AG
PSA.... you may already know, but Dave Pickerell of Makers Mark > WhistlePig & HillRock fame died Thursday in San Fran while attending the Whiskies of the World convention. He was a giant in the industry, and is credited with almost single-handedly restoring the Rye whisky segment to prominence. He literally lived out of a suitcase most of the year, spending most of his time traveling region to region, store to store personally promoting the brands. He would autograph bottles everywhere he went.

If you have a chance to purchase a WhistlePig bottle autographed by Dave, please do so quickly. I'm not saying they're going to skyrocket in value (a few will) but as a whiskey collector, you could do worse than having one of his products on your shelf. His personal favorite was the WP Old World 12 year Rye.
R.I.P. Dave.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Jeeze, saw a post on BSM today that was looking for Boss Hog one and offered 500 and noted that one had gone for 600 recently. Instead they ended up getting talked into 1500 for a bottle. Completely insane.
Credible Source
AG
Lmao. You can buy that at any store in austin for $400. Because no one thinks it's worth it at that price
jh0400
AG
Batch one? All of the ones on the shelf in Houston that I've seen are three, four, or five.
Credible Source
AG
Oh maybe not, I didn't see the "batch one" part.
Post removed:
by user
Comanche
AG
I'm in for your BTAC WLW.
Credible Source
AG
I'm in for your old label sellers and the GTS/WLW
tandrus
AG
I'm interested in your ORVW, GTS, and W12 Old labels. Are you looking for secondary? My email is taylorwandrus@gmail.com if you'd prefer to discuss via email.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I'm safe for now
TheMoneyMike
AG
I'm interested in the W12. Where you located?
AlaskanAg99
AG
No prices?

Interested in the 4 Roses.
aTm '99
Fall92
AG
Sent PM.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Credible Source
AG
Anybody interested in a trade for 2018 OFBB?
the dude10
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Possibly. I am really wanting a 2014. That's the year my oldest daughter was born. I got a 2016 for my younger daughter so I need something 2014. A Blantons with her birthday would be awesome too but I doubt I will find that.
07ag
AG
third coast.. said:

This is the first batch of what I'm thinking about moving. Again, generally id cut a deal but dammit if I dont want to buy a sub.

how much for that blue evan williams?
Fall92
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Sent PM.
txag2008
AG
How much for that Meyer's store pick?
tripperwill
AG
Are you in Austin?
FriedTex
AG
You are a damn fool to get rid of WLW
First Page Last Page
Page 341 of 1100

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.