Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,752,923 Views | 37590 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by betadawg1
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same coast. Maybe you get a list of names and randomize the picking order?
aggielostinETX
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Poison Girl

Just don't ask for a Old Fashioned with Rye or Vodka Soda
CharlieBrown17
AG
Deats said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Poison Girl

Pretty sure the issue was the Bulliet
SweaterVest
AG
That's what I recall as well. That wasn't someone on here was it?
Robert C. Christian
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm going to be selling a bunch of stuff soon most likely. If im selling its to buy a new watch so looking to maximize but will make slight discounts fot TA guys that can come to e. Btac, orvw, br, m10 etc...
Post removed:
by user
CactusThomas
AG
Fall92 said:

My local just got in some OF1910. You read that right. Anyone got any intel?

Pretty good. I'll buy a bottle if I come across one, but a little too much barrel for me. When you chew it you can taste some smokey notes.

I like the 1920 better but its hard to compare since they are different proof.
jh0400
AG
I'd be willing to entertain secondary on certain bottles.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Was over at my brother's last week and saw these bottles stand out among his collection.

Comanche
AG
I'm interested at secondary prices as well.
AlaskanAg99
AG
3rdCoast...if you have any EC store picks I'd be interested in hearing about them.
aTm '99
CactusThomas
AG
tx4guns said:

Poison Girl and Rosewater are probably better than all of those.

Ended up at rosewater because my work is in the cloverleaf area north of Pasadena. The bar is pretty good, good service. Not really impressed with the bourbon selection. Certainly not what I'm used to in Aggieland. Had a good enough time and got to try the 1910 old Forester.
tx4guns
AG
Are you blind? The whole left side of the back bar shelves is bourbon and rye, and the really good stuff takes up a whole shelf on the left. 100% disagree with you.
aggielostinETX
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Deats said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Poison Girl

Pretty sure the issue was the Bulliet

I thought it was Bulleit Rye
BQRyno
AG
Sign me up for the third coast purge
FlyFish95
CactusThomas said:

tx4guns said:

Poison Girl and Rosewater are probably better than all of those.

Ended up at rosewater because my work is in the cloverleaf area north of Pasadena. The bar is pretty good, good service. Not really impressed with the bourbon selection. Certainly not what I'm used to in Aggieland. Had a good enough time and got to try the 1910 old Forester.
What exactly are you finding in CS that you like so much that's better what you saw at Rosewater?
CactusThomas
AG
Parker's Heritage. I like several of these. I love how the republic keeps POH in stock several years after its release. But I like them all. Have not yet had the new one.

Unbelievably, specs called this morning to tell me they had one set aside for me. The rosewater bar tenders had never heard of Parker's Heritage.

They sure did know their NASA picks though. I guess that's their thing. I picked up from a conversation that the bar owners also own nasa liquors or are somehow affiliated.
CactusThomas
AG
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers about Rosewater. Had a good time. They have a lot of whiskey there.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Ahhhhhh yea

Can't wait to do a side by side with the 125th.

the dude10
AG
And where are you located sir? I would love to score a bottle this year
tx4guns
AG
The Rosewater owner does not own NASA Liquors. He gets a lot of product from them, and he and myself and 2 others do most of their private barrel picks. If it's a Four Horsemen pick, we were the ones who selected it.
CharlieBrown17
AG
You like the lil pickle or the other WP pick better?

Thinking about making a detour through Houston Monday.
tx4guns
AG
I like the Marmot pick better.
Leanderthal
Scored 2 ECBP and one Evan William's Red Label (aged 12 yrs and bottled at 101 proof) in downtown Louisville. Can't wait to try the red label...
jh0400
AG
Ended up at Eight Row Flint Saturday night after a night of bar hopping. I got to try their infinity blend, and it gave me high hopes for my bottle. I also tried their bespoke WP Old World. I much prefer the higher proof of that pick versus the standard. Finished up with an Ivy Mountain Peach Brandy and a THH. Needless to say my wife wasn't thrilled when the bill came. It wasn't my most expensive one hour tab, but it was close.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Solid day

Grabbed ECBP C918, a Mississippi ABC pick of Jack single barrel and a bottle of Shenks.

Excited to try the shenks, read good things about it
Credible Source
AG
I grabbed an OFBB and couple single barrel EHTs. My guy said KY Owl Bourbon hits tomorrow.
Right Rigger
Carl Hungus said:

I grabbed an OFBB and couple single barrel EHTs. My guy said KY Owl Bourbon hits tomorrow.

KY Owl Bourbon misses. Not even close to worth the price tag.
Wheatables02
AG
Any must visit Bourbon bars or stores in southwest Atlanta or Auburn? Headed there this week.
Fall92
AG
My local has an EHT Rye if anyone is looking for one. I have one at home but have yet to crack open so can't offer any insight just yet.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
CharlieBrown17
AG
Fall92 said:

My local has an EHT Rye if anyone is looking for one. I have one at home but have yet to crack open so can't offer any insight just yet.
Its good not great. Don't regret buying a bottle but there are better ryes for less.
tx4guns
AG
Found Little Book batch 2 tonight in League City.
Credible Source
AG
I found ECBP C918, Angels envy Cask strength and Kentucky Owl Bourbon today. Passed on the AE and KO because they $220, and $300 respectively. Lots of stuff hitting right now
First Page Last Page
Page 340 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.