Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,854,869 Views | 38565 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by rca21978
88Warrior
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone tried the Belle Meade??
tripperwill
AG
I like everything I've tried of theirs.
88Warrior
tripperwill said:

I like everything I've tried of theirs.

They've got quite a few different offerings.. I'll have to give one a try.
jh0400
AG
I like the Single Barrel and the Madeira finish. I haven't bought another Madeira, because I have a hard time paying $80 for MGP juice.
planoaggie123
AG
I have 3 in the cabinet currently...2 single barrel and 1 XO (cognac cask).

Really enjoy them though they are a little pricey but the father in law often grabs a bottle or two for me when we drive up to Nashville to see them...
Wheatables02
AG
I have a 9 year single barrel and Sherry at home.

I've tasted the Cognac. I would say single barrel is my favorite, followed by Sherry cask.

But it's all good stuff!
the dude10
AG
I don't normally go for the sales pitch on start up distilleries but a guy I trust got me to buy a bottle of MB Roland barrel proof wheated. Anyone tried it?
aggiemike89
AG
I bought two of their MB Roland's from the distillery in June when I was in Nashville. It was a distillery only offering. One was a BP that was very tasty. Better than the belle Meade stuff.
tx4guns
AG
It's very good. Something different.
ClickClack
AG
tx4guns said:

It's very good. Something different.

Where can you find it?
tx4guns
AG
I think Specs has the full MBR lineup now. I tried it at the distillery in January when we did the HBS picks. Just chatted with the owner last week at HWS. He's a good dude.
ClickClack
AG
tx4guns said:

I think Specs has the full MBR lineup now. I tried it at the distillery in January when we did the HBS picks. Just chatted with the owner last week at HWS. He's a good dude.

Thanks
agcrock2005
AG
Eagle Rare is in the back of most Goody Goody stores in DFW right now. Buffalo Trace is all over the shelf right now too in DFW. Asked several people how often they get shipments from BT now and they said it's not on a schedule and they never have any idea when or what they're getting.

FYI...not sophisticated/expensive stuff but it has been hard to find in DFW for a while now, at least for me.
Credible Source
AG
I can't believe ER is being hidden in the back. What a joke
Farmer1906
AG
Carl Hungus said:

It's my favorite chea on the shelf daily drinker. I'm going to be pissed if it becomes hard to find.
agcrock2005
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Carl Hungus said:

It's my favorite chea on the shelf daily drinker. I'm going to be pissed if it becomes hard to find.
I don't know where you guys are but it's been hard for me to find for at least a year. And I agree...very good for price. I actually like it a lot more than Blantons. Luckily it's not THAT hard to find yet.
Wheatables02
AG
DP
Wheatables02
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Carl Hungus said:

I don't know where you guys are but it's been hard for me to find for at least a year. And I agree...very good for price. I actually like it a lot more than Blantons. Luckily it's not THAT hard to find yet.
Concur. And Eagle Rare and buffalo trace both make great old-fashioned(s). Same Mash Bill and I will take either over Blanton's any day. Blanton's SFTB is really good though, however not $140 good. Probably should be added to the BTAC for domestic consumption.
Credible Source
AG
I guess I'm weird. I keep Blantons stocked for my daily drinker and think ER is very bland and has no complexity. It isn't bad, just not very good
CharlieBrown17
AG
EHT is better than both. HTH
Credible Source
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

EHT is better than both. HTH

Agreed
dlp3719
AG
You might get lucky by going into some stores but it's not like there are parts of the country with tons of great bottles sitting on the shelf.

It only takes one person seeing secondary on a great bottle and they are gone.
88Warrior
Tried the Four Roses Single Barrel Private OBSF this weekend...really enjoyed it!
CactusThomas
AG
ER certainly lacks complexity. That doesn't stop it from being one of my top choices. It's simple but to me its just good bourbon. Low proof combined with 10 years in oak makes it incredibly drinkable. Don't get me wrong sometimes I want my drink to punch me in the mouth but other times eagle rare hits the spot.

I also keep Blanton's stocked as its pretty easy to come by in my area. I think the reason that its become popular to hate is because people were used to it being more available but now they are but hurt if its not around as much. Its still good whiskey.

Blanton's, Col. E H Taylor and Eagle Rare, I try to never run out.
agcrock2005
AG
Good post...I need to try EHT. That's next on my list to try to find.
CactusThomas
AG
What area are you in?
AlaskanAg99
AG
There was a screwup with the HBS EC11 barrel pick on Sat. Only Tony K's got it's 4 cases. Today at 10am TW Willowbrook and TW Baybrook will release their 4 cases ea. $27.

Screaming deal for cask strength bourbon.
Post removed:
by user
tx.ag11
AG
FYI, the HBS EC pick is not barrel proof. It was a single barrel pick but still bottled at 94 proof like the normal small batch. Still a great pick though - snagged one at Tony's on Saturday.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ah gotcha. They still need to do small batch picks.
agcrock2005
AG
CactusThomas said:

What area are you in?
DFW. Live in mid cities, work in downtown Dallas.
LCE
AG
Stagg Jr at Costco in SA off 10 and UTSA. $55 126 proof.

Wheatables02
AG
Specs Arlington had Col EHT small batch locked up today. I asked and laughed for the locked up bottle of Taylor in the cabinet and the employee told me they "lock up bottles they only get every 2 months or so. "

Sad times fellas. I then went to Total Wine Arlington and there were at least 6 on the shelf.

Happy hunting.
FriedTex
AG
Just drink as much OF1920 you can get and your bourbon blues will wash away. It's seriously some of the best bourbon out there
CharlieBrown17
AG
Had a pour of PHC 11 last night. That might be my ideal bourbon. Damn it was good
First Page Last Page
Page 331 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.