Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,830,216 Views | 38328 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by txag2k
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No idea what that even is.
tx4guns
AG
It's special stuff. Like Cognac, but from another region of France. Super rare. These are village level single barrels.
IBMs_Watson
Interested in a Weller 12 or OWA (old label)?
AlaskanAg99
AG
IBMs_Watson said:

Interested in a Weller 12 or OWA (old label)?

No thank you. Just looking for a back up for my open RHF. I seem to usually get lucky on the W12.
oldarmy84
AG
Anyone had a chance to get some ECBP B518? I haven't seen it local to me in Maryland as yet.
jh0400
AG
I did some hunting in Texarkana this morning and struck out on everything. The only thing remotely interesting I saw was a Yippee Ki-Yay for $70 that I passed on.
CharlieBrown17
AG
First I saw it was in Mississippi in May, hit Texas a few weeks after that.
Ringo88
AG
Old army,
The latest ECBP is out in the southeast.
oldarmy84
AG
Thanks....I lucked into a couple of bottles of ECBP A118 last night. I was waiting until this evening to enjoy
oldarmy84
AG
Much appreciated. I'll be down in South Carolina in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I can stop into a place and pick a couple up.
Ringo88
AG
Where in South Carolina? I might be able to point you towards success.
aggiemike89
AG
oldarmy84 said:

Anyone had a chance to get some ECBP B518? I haven't seen it local to me in Maryland as yet.
I got a B518 last week in the Houston area. Haven't cracked it yet.
aggiemike89
AG
Also some leftover BTAC stuff is showing back up on in stores. My local guy called me last week and had a GTS and also had Four Grain for me.
oldarmy84
AG
Will be in Charleston.........
oldarmy84
AG
Broke open the A118 today to celebrate the 4th..........little "hot". Cooled with a teaspoon of water.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Man good luck.

I was in Charleston for about a week in May and didn't see anything remotely interesting or if it something was interesting it was at least 3x MSRP
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy84
AG
Will give it a look.........not looking to pay 3x's retail, but always willing to buy uniques
CharlieBrown17
AG
third coast.. said:

Go to husk if you are going to Charleston

Agreed. They had a barrel strength four roses pick that was excellent when I was there.

Also go to prohibition on king street. Excellent whiskey bar, look for the Irish bar tender. He knows his *****
TXAG 05
AG
Currently sipping a ECBP at the Husk Bar. Not sure what my next selection will be.
Credible Source
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Currently sipping a ECBP at the Husk Bar. Not sure what my next selection will be.

What are your choices?!
TXAG 05
AG
I would post the menu if i knew how to put up pictures from my phone. Put down a few ETLs at dinner so I'm good in that department. Might just pick something I've never heard of and see what it's like
ClickClack
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

I would post the menu if i knew how to put up pictures from my phone. Put down a few ETLs at dinner so I'm good in that department. Might just pick something I've never heard of and see what it's like

How is ETL? Worth the hype?
the dude10
AG
Good, but in no way worth the hype. It's a mid tier bourbon that is selling for over double retail nowadays. Quite tasty but I can't pull the trigger on it at the prices I see these days
Wheatables02
AG
At $25-35 a bottle it's good. But it's not worth the hype IMO, just like Blantons at higher than $49.99
Ringo88
AG
Old army, what's your email? I need to go ahead and get stars.
I will point you to a couple of store contacts there.
agcrock2005
AG
Give me an Eagle Rare over Blantons any day of the week. Still don't get the hype.
Credible Source
AG
Wheatables02 said:

At $25-35 a bottle it's good. But it's not worth the hype IMO, just like Blantons at higher than $49.99

I personally don't care for ETL
88Warrior
Anyone tried the Ben Milam stuff?? Was driving through Blanco Monday and noticed the place. They are closed on Mondays so no luck trying them out...I stopped by the Total Wines in Selma and asked about it and the guy said they only get like 6 bottles a week of it and it's gone in a couple of days...
Chipotlemonger
AG
I have, not sure what it was exactly of theirs (mini jar sampler given to me) but I liked it.
tx4guns
AG
I hope you tried their Weller 107 private pick. It's the best Weller 107 pick I've ever tried.
oldarmy84
AG
Sweet....Thanks Ringo.....oldarmy1984@gmail.com
TXAG 05
AG
Just popped my head into a liquor store to see what they had. ETL for $200, Blantons for $125, and the crown jewel of regular Weller for $140.
the dude10
AG
Anything buffalo trace has gotten so damn ridiculous. The other day I saw a glass case that had ECBP and weller 12 next to each other. Guess which one was cheaper. It just blows my mind that these owners don't at least know that ECBP is worth more than freaking W12.
aggielostinETX
AG
Where was that?
First Page Last Page
Page 326 of 1096

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.