Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,839,522 Views | 38431 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by Aggie Therapist
John Francis Donaghy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carl Hungus said:

jh0400 said:

I would've bought the ETL for that. That's one I'd like to have that I've never seen in the wild.

I honestly don't care for it. Same mash bill as blantons and rock hill farms but doesn't do it for me. I'll send you one if you want it

I havent had any ETL since Mr. Lee passed. While he was alive, he picked the barrels that made up his namesake label. And they were fantastic.

I'd be curious to know how well the quality standards have held since then. Unfortunately that's when people discovered it, and they all disappeared from shelves. So I don't have idea.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Carl Hungus said:

jh0400 said:

I would've bought the ETL for that. That's one I'd like to have that I've never seen in the wild.

I honestly don't care for it. Same mash bill as blantons and rock hill farms but doesn't do it for me. I'll send you one if you want it

I'll pay C& my label for the ETL.
agcrock2005
AG
I'll take it if he doesn't want it. My wife would love it if I added another bottle to the collection.
boogieman
AG
I expect 1792 to get much more expensive.

drred4
"There was concern, Prewitt said, that the whiskey could get into the river."

HMMM and

That is what happened in 2000, when a fire destroyed a bourbon warehouse at the WiId Turkey Distillery in Lawrenceburg, reducing a seven-story rickhouse and thousands of barrels to rubble. Bourbon running off the bluff contaminated the Kentucky River, which supplied water to the city. The drinking water system was shut down and there was a massive fish kill along a 66-mile stretch of the river.

I wonder who is testing that drinking water
agcrock2005
AG
Wow. Is it any good? If so I may need to go buy one now since there won't be any more for 7 years or so.
Superdave1993
AG
That was an old building. The first time we toured there it was just the tour guide, my wife and I on our tour. We really just talked and got away from the canned speech.

That rickhouse would shift with the weather. They still had a plum bob hanging and would move barrels according to where it was to keep it from moving due to the ground getting soft. The plum bob was not straight when we went through it as they had moved barrels expecting more rain.

Now there is yet another easy to find bourbon that is going to dry up, and I'm very glad I picked up that single barrel store pick last weekend.
Superdave1993
AG
I've always liked it, and it has been easy to find.
HouseDivided06
AG
From what I've seen, that was half of 1 warehouse, and they have about 30 warehouses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though bc never been there. I don't think it will hurt production too terribly much.
FriedTex
AG
Pretty average bourbon imo
Ringo88
AG
Guaranteed their marketing head is going to tell someone over coffee this morning "Look for the special "Exposed Barrel" edition soon."
jh0400
AG
Ringo88 said:

Guaranteed their marketing head is going to tell someone over coffee this morning "Look for the special "Exposed Barrel" edition soon."

ISO
RenoAg
Just polished off a bottle of Blantons SFTB. RIP.

Anybody tried the Parkers Heritage Malt? I've got a bottle I purchased retail when it was released. I'm considering opening it. One of those love or hate pours? No idea what to expect.
CactusThomas
AG
I'm a huge fan of the Parker's Heritage series but I have no interest in that one so I've never tried it. If it sounds good to you I bet you'll love it.

This past year's release is outstanding - 11 year single barrel bourbon. I like all the ones I've had.
RenoAg
I have a bottle of this years PH but also unopened. I've tried Promise of Hope. It was ok. I've got a feeling I'm gonna think this Malt edition is awful. That's why it's been in my bunker a while. But it's just a total guess based on my palate preference. Can't say I've tried any malted bourbon.
CactusThomas
AG
To me, Promise of Hope is about as good as it gets. But I've heard others that think it's just OK also.
Post removed:
by user
gigemJTH12
AG
I dont post here or read here so forgive me if Texas whiskey isnt allowed.

I drink a lot of bourbon and whiskey. I like pretty much anything from Makers on up. Any style. I love Jim Beam too if you need perspective. I mostly buy Bulleit and Knob.

I bought some Whitmeyers this time. Honestly the worst alcohol I have ever drank in my life. I can hardly drink it and it gave me terrible heartburn on top of all that. I dont get heartburn from anything.
Ringo88
AG
Ducks, PM me. That Makers Private Select I mentioned is in.
BQRyno
AG
What did you have? I don't care for the stuff they sell at specs that's sourced. Their in house stuff is great.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Can't.... What's your email?

Or email me jeh5551@yahoo.com
AlaskanAg99
AG
ETL hit TW in Houston yesterday. Managed to get one off a tip from a friend. $32 for the win.
Wheatables02
AG
RHF his TW in DFW yesterday. I didn't go looking but I saw some people that got one.
jsn1986
AG
Does the Old Fitz 11 BIB still exist anywhere in Houston?
Chipotlemonger
AG
I got one here in Austin today as well. First time to have it! It's great.

Cowboy Curtis
AG
I struck out today. Hunted mostly west of town.
BQRyno
AG
I've got another poker night tomorrow at my house in Rosenberg. Some of you expressed interest before. Texas Hold 'Em, tournament style, $20 buy-in with one re-buy, usually ends by about 10:30.
bevokilla
AG
Anyone have the link to the Blanton's dump date spreadsheet?
dmart90
AG
Was in Tel Aviv on business this week. Stopped by a liquor store; the bourbon selection was shameful.
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
AlaskanAg99
AG
Scored a 2nd Elmer! Small victory, but I'll take it.
Credible Source
AG
Anyone else here tried Widow Jane? I really, really like this bourbon.
Señor Chang
AG
Lucky! Haven't seen one in the wild in years.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I want to trade a ETL for a RHF. Houston area if possible.
tx4guns
AG
You guys in Houston are in for a treat in a couple months. Our panel tasted 10 samples of L'Encantada Armagnac today, and we are bringing in 3 barrels. Keep an eye on HBS for details.
First Page Last Page
Page 325 of 1099

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.