Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,847,461 Views | 38480 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by rca21978
John Francis Donaghy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mostly Cloudy Judgement said:

Found a bottle of Hirsch Family Reserve 16 year for $3K in NOLA. Thinking this might be a good tangible investment.
Username checks out.
tx4guns
AG
That's 200% of secondary. Bad price.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
tx4guns said:

That's 200% of secondary. Bad price.

Where did you find that? Avg price I found was $2600...

**Edit... I have a typo. I found it for 2k not 3k
tx4guns
AG
Is it gold foil, gold wax, or blue wax? The gold foil is $1500-1600. Gold wax $1600, blue wax $2000. Recent secondary sales.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
It's blue wax. Found it in the Garden District
tx4guns
AG
Then that's about right, but prices haven't moved much on that bottle in about 2 years. I wouldn't buy it if you don't plan to drink it. Bourbon bubble is starting to break IMO.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
tx4guns said:

Then that's about right, but prices haven't moved much on that bottle in about 2 years. I wouldn't buy it if you don't plan to drink it. Bourbon bubble is starting to break IMO.

10-4. Thanks for the heads up.

That's why I came here.
Ringo88
AG
God, that old Hirsch is good. If you can swing it in any way, acquire it and just hide it until you have reason to spoil yourself and a select buddy or two. That stuff isn't coming back.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
What makes you think the bubble is breaking?
tx4guns
AG
I see the interest level of the old school collectors falling off in a steep way.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
And Blanton's.
dmart90
AG
tx4guns said:

And Blanton's.

A couple of stores around the Austin area advertised they had some "allocated" bourbon available for Father's Day. They all referenced Weller 12, Eagle Rare 10, and Blanton's. Those all used to sit on the shelf and are now "allocated". And by the time I showed up, they were all gone. Sad.

I did manage to snag bottles of 1792 single barrel, bottled in bond, and full proof for under $45 each.
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
tx4guns
AG
You got better bourbon.
Superdave1993
AG
I picked a bottle of 1792 single barrel store pick while in Atlanta this weekend. They had one bottle of regular Weller behind the counter.
Credible Source
AG
I can buy Blantons every day of the week in Austin, let me know if you want some.
CharlieBrown17
AG
How is the 1792 BiB? I have a 1792 FP that I really like but haven't tried the BiB.

Also where did you find it in Austin?
J.P. 03
AG
Superdave1993 said:

They had one bottle of regular Weller behind the counter.
This sentence right here is why I pray to the liquor gods that the masses move on to some other spirit so the rest of us can enjoy our bourbon in peace.

Isn't it time for vodka, rum, or tequila to make a comeback?
tx4guns
AG
Rum is the next thing. It's happening.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Mezcal
Silver Arrows
AG
It's getting ridiculous in Denver also. A local liquor store had an "allocated bourbon" spin wheel for Fathers Day. The line was ridiculous and I eventually ended up with Weller Antique. I'm happy because I've never seen it around Denver but I'm starting to get tired of chasing not even true limited production bourbons but now regular bourbons. It makes me want to branch out into other liquors.
Ringo88
AG
Silver, I'm hosting a 150 person sit-down bourbon tasting fundraiser in Denver on Friday, August 3rd, narrated by bourbon author Fred Minnick. $150 donation gets invitation to this private event, food, at least 6 sample pours of really good stuff incl. VW12, and open tastings of many other selections from my collection. Some exceedingly rare bottles will be offered as gifts for special donations as well. PM me if interested in attending.
Superdave1993
AG
Funny that you say that, but there was a guy in the liquor store with a few friends in the rum isle talking about this and that. Ended up,with about 4-5 high end rums in his cart.

I have bought a few as a result of the "rum" thread, and they are not bad and much easier to find.
schmellba99
AG
tx4guns said:

Rum is the next thing. It's happening.

And that's going to piss me off too. Not only will the price skyrocket, but good rum will be impossible to find overnight.
dmart90
AG
Carl Hungus said:

I can buy Blantons every day of the week in Austin, let me know if you want some.
PM sent
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
RenoAg
FB group indicating RHF dropped in Htown today. Tight lips on where though. In case anyone cares...
Sixdrakes
AG
RenoAg said:

FB group indicating RHF dropped in Htown today. Tight lips on where though. In case anyone cares...

I picked up a bottle in Htown today. Location only received 12 bottles. People were calling to inquire about availability as I was checking out. They are probably gone by now.
752bro4
AG
Picked up a Wild Turkey Master's Keep Decades today at my local. Anyone try it yet?
Wheatables02
AG
752bro4 said:

Picked up a Wild Turkey Master's Keep Decades today at my local. Anyone try it yet?
I have it. It's really good. It's not $139 or $99 good but I got 3/4 of a bottle for $30 and its really good at that price point.
jh0400
AG
Having an ECBP B517 tonight. I need to find another of these.
RenoAg
Sixdrakes said:

RenoAg said:

I picked up a bottle in Htown today. Location only received 12 bottles. People were calling to inquire about availability as I was checking out. They are probably gone by now.

I hit up 3 places on my way home after work that I thought might have some RHF but no luck. I did find a BTAC 17 GTS for full pop $400 secondary. Pass. . Also had an $80 ETL which is ridiculous too.
Credible Source
AG
Man I'm sick of that crap. Liquor stores shouldn't be selling at secondary.
jh0400
AG
I would've bought the ETL for that. That's one I'd like to have that I've never seen in the wild.
BQRyno
AG
Just one man's opinion, but nowhere close to worth 80 bucks. It's with the 30-35 it retails at. I made the mistake of buying one for 75 to find that out.
Credible Source
AG
jh0400 said:

I would've bought the ETL for that. That's one I'd like to have that I've never seen in the wild.

I honestly don't care for it. Same mash bill as blantons and rock hill farms but doesn't do it for me. I'll send you one if you want it
First Page Last Page
Page 324 of 1100

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.