Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,867,997 Views | 38683 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by ConfidentAg
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DonaldFDraper said:

Options on the plane... Woodford, Macallan 12, or JD Single Barrel. What's the best bet?
JDSB
Sixdrakes
AG
FriedTex said:

What's the average price of weller 107 these days? Saw 6 in east Texas for 50 a piece and passed on them

Most mom and pops will sell it for $30-$35. I bought a 1.75L for just under $50 the other day.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
JD barrel proof for me
ClickClack
AG
So now buffalo trace is hard to find? Both specs and total wine were out of it yesterday.
Ezra Brooks
AG
ClickClack said:

So now buffalo trace is hard to find? Both specs and total wine were out of it yesterday.
Buffalo Trace - Bourbon Shortage
BQRyno
AG
Specs and Total Wine seem to do an awful job keeping BT products in stock even though they're always on the self in mom and pop shops.
ClickClack
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

ClickClack said:

Buffalo Trace - Bourbon Shortage

That was released yesterday? Wow. Thanks for the link!
CharlieBrown17
AG
BT is pretty cycle heavy at the big boxes. They get big shipments every so often so they'll be flush with it then slowly empty out.

There are also a lot of novice whiskey guys that go to Specs or Total Wine expecting better selection than mom and pop shops so they're buying BT and WSR at Specs because it's a "have to have" bottle.

I've found that a lot of time in good local shops it's either people that really follow whiskey or just neighborhood alcoholics in there. Sometimes one in same
ClickClack
AG
I did pick up a few bottles of Weller SR at Total Wine today. There were 2 more bottles left after I took 3. At $17.99 a bottle it's a pretty good bourbon, so why not.
Superdave1993
AG
ClickClack said:

It has been hard to find in Arkansas for a while.
Trinity Ag
S
Sixdrakes said:

FriedTex said:

What's the average price of weller 107 these days? Saw 6 in east Texas for 50 a piece and passed on them

Most mom and pops will sell it for $30-$35. I bought a 1.75L for just under $50 the other day.
I paid $28 for a liter a couple of weeks ago (at Specs).

I was on a list for it, and could buy 1 bottle when they got it.

I was in Kentucky most of last summer, and you couldn't find even Weller SR anywhere around where I was. The BT craze really is out of control.

But bought some Knob Creek for under $20 a bottle, and Henry McKenna BiB for $23. Which is pretty solid value.

Heading back in a couple of weeks, and may try to stock up.

the dude10
AG
When I went to Kentucky I stocked up on the plethora of good store picks there. Liquor barn does a lot of them and quite a few places had four roses private select.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I was in Nashville a few weeks ago and one of the stores there had four or five different 4R picks. It was pretty impressive. I think two were theirs, one was a bar and one or two had been for festivals.
Buck Compton
AG
Walked into a store in Madison, WI today and laughed at my reaction to seeing 8 bottles of Eagle Rare on the shelf.

I got WAY too excited since it is my daily drinker and is surprisingly hard to find in Texas sometimes. Not going to hoard it or anything, but it's a pretty good whiskey so I'll be bringing a bottle home tomorrow.
Farmer1906
AG
ER is my favorite
TshirtVulture
Is anybody familiar with Old Medley? Came highly recommend from guy that seemed to know what he was talking about. Also picked up bottle of Blanton's for $56!
ClickClack
AG
I'm kind of addicted to Weller now. It's so good. Guess I'm into wheated bourbons.
Ezra Brooks
AG
ClickClack said:

I'm kind of addicted to Weller now. It's so good. Guess I'm into wheated bourbons.
Me too.

I've only found one bottle of Weller 12 in the last 3-4 years, but I've taken pretty fondly to Special Reserve which never really proves to be hard to locate.
Wheatables02
AG
Happy National Bourbon Day Ladies and Gents!
CharlieBrown17
AG
Username does not check out
Ezra Brooks
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

You got me there.

Damn I used to drink the **** out of that stuff (mixed with Sprite/Coke) before I waded into the better bourbon starting with the Jim Beam Small Batch Collection.

I suspect my experience isn't too dissimilar to many on this thread.
ClickClack
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

ClickClack said:

Me too.

I've only found one bottle of Weller 12 in the last 3-4 years, but I've taken pretty fondly to Special Reserve which never really proves to be hard to locate.

Never had the 12 but I'm loving the special reserve. Hoping to score a bottle of 12 just to try the pappy reject line. But I don't imagine it's all that different from the special reserve. Crazy how cheap it is if you can find it.
John Francis Donaghy
ClickClack said:

Ezra Brooks said:

ClickClack said:

Me too.

Never had the 12 but I'm loving the special reserve. Hoping to score a bottle of 12 just to try the pappy reject line. But I don't imagine it's all that different from the special reserve. Crazy how cheap it is if you can find it.

People either love or hate the 12. It's extremely "smooth" if that's what you're looking for in a bourbon. It is almost unbelievably easy to drink.

But for many bourbon fans, "smooth" translates to "boring".

If you're looking for a big bold punch in the mouth of flavor like you get with a barrel proofer, or another high end with a strong unique flavor. Weller 12 is going to the opposite of that. It's very light, and sweet tasting.
jh0400
AG
I'm solidly in the boring camp with regard to W12.
plowboy1065
S
Anyone looking for EHT Rye? Saw several bottles today for $99 and some EHT SB as well
Wheatables02
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Anyone looking for EHT Rye? Saw several bottles today for $99 and some EHT SB as well
If you periodically check specs and TW, you can get RHT Rye for $69 and I feel that is as high as it should be.

Whats the price on EHT SB? I won't pay over $59 + tax for that.
plowboy1065
S
I agree and just wanted to pass it along. I'll swing back by tomorrow and check the SB price
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea $99 prices me out for that, and most I would think
Fall92
AG
I've said it before and I'll say it again- if you like the wheateds you should try the Redemption Wheated. IMO it's better then W12.

https://axisofwhisky.com/2017/10/29/redemption-wheated-bourbon-review/
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
TXAG 05
AG
Fall92 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again- if you like the wheateds you should try the Redemption Wheated. IMO it's better then W12.

Not the easiest to find, but very good and relatively cheap.
schmellba99
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

You got me there.

Damn I used to drink the **** out of that stuff (mixed with Sprite/Coke) before I waded into the better bourbon starting with the Jim Beam Small Batch Collection.

I suspect my experience isn't too dissimilar to many on this thread.
Get a bottle of Ezra Brooks 12 year old, you might change your mind on it.
ClickClack
AG
Fall92 said:

I'll keep an eye out for it
Credible Source
AG
Are you who I think your are?
ClickClack
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Are you who I think your are?

I have no idea. Probably not.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
Found a bottle of Hirsch Family Reserve 16 year for $3K in NOLA. Thinking this might be a good tangible investment.
First Page Last Page
Page 323 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.