Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,840,317 Views | 38439 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by ChoppinDs40
Post removed:
by user
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

InBev with another win.
****ers.

Looks like TWE is shipping to Texas.
jh0400
AG
I was playing around with their site a little. Four bottles of Blanton's had $113 in estimated shipping.
Credible Source
AG
What about Fine Drams?
BQ78
AG
Say what you will about Pope Francis but he knows his Bourbon:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/04/19/pope-francis-praises-very-good-bourbon-gifted-to-him-by-priest.html
Ag MD 84
AG
I read that on the night before her passing, Barbara Bush was enjoying phone calls, conversation and bourbon.
aggielostinETX
AG
jh0400 said:

I was playing around with their site a little. Four bottles of Blanton's had $113 in estimated shipping.
they updated their site as well:

Quote:

• Temporary US Delivery Restriction: Currently, we are only able to deliver to the following states: Alaska (Anchorage only), California, District of Colombia, Idaho, Louisiana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Virginia and Wyoming.

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
tx4guns said:

Just find bottles from a barrel I helped pick, and you'll find good bourbon.

CrottyKid said:

Why are store picks more desirable than regular bottles? Isn't the only difference a sticker on the side?

Meh.
Credible Source
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

tx4guns said:

Just find bottles from a barrel I helped pick, and you'll find good bourbon.

CrottyKid said:

Why are store picks more desirable than regular bottles? Isn't the only difference a sticker on the side?

Meh.
CharlieBrown17
AG
CrottyKid said:

Thoughts on Henry McKenna single barrel 10 year bottled in bond?

Hope you got a bottle if you were interested.

It won the single barrel category at the San Fran spirit competition this week and there's fools running out to clear shelves.
Wheatables02
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

CrottyKid said:

Thoughts on Henry McKenna single barrel 10 year bottled in bond?

Hope you got a bottle if you were interested.

It won the single barrel category at the San Fran spirit competition this week and there's fools running out to clear shelves.
GD. Just finished my last bottle and thought I could get one at ease. Stupid people.
Ringo88
AG
Go easy on Henry.
It's a great value but, being an affordable single barrel, the taste will vary. I've had good pours and some very average ones from different barrel #'s.
AlaskanAg99
AG
You probably still can. I have no idea how this won other than via bribery. After my only pour from a bottle i mixed the rest with coke.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ringo88 said:

Go easy on Henry.
It's a great value but, being an affordable single barrel, the taste will vary. I've had good pours and some very average ones from different barrel #'s.

I must have had a total crap barrel then.
HouseDivided06
AG
Was not impressed at all with Henry McKenna. It was fine but for the money I'd buy Elijah Craig, Old Grandad 114, or Evan Williams at that price point and not look back.
aad03
AG
I picked up some WT Longbranch today. I had low expectations, but it's actually pretty tasty. Only 86 proof, which is lower than what I usually prefer, but it's a good bourbon. I can see this being a great introductory bourbon to people who usually shy away from "whiskey."
Class of '03
Superdave1993
AG
I was wondering if that was going to be any good, or worth the price.
aad03
AG
I prefer Rare Breed for a couple bucks more, but Longbranch is an easy sipper for someone who is usually afraid of drinking it neat.
Class of '03
aggiederelict
Anybody had Ben Milam? Had their rye a while back and liked it.
BQRyno
AG
Anyone else going to NASA liquor for EC picks in the morning?
Wheatables02
AG
BQRyno said:

Going to get me one?
BQRyno
AG
Wheatables02 said:

BQRyno said:

Going to get me one?

You wouldn't be the first, I'm picking up for 2 other buddies tomorrow. So far I'm at 3 pairs of EC picks and a couple Four Roses picks.
Wheatables02
AG
BQRyno said:

Wheatables02 said:

BQRyno said:

Going to get me one?

You wouldn't be the first, I'm picking up for 2 other buddies tomorrow. So far I'm at 3 pairs of EC picks and a couple Four Roses picks.
If you C+ S me one, I'm your huckleberry. In DFW and EC is my fav. I will return the favor.
BQRyno
AG
Wheatables02 said:

BQRyno said:

Wheatables02 said:

BQRyno said:

Going to get me one?

If you C+ S me one, I'm your huckleberry. In DFW and EC is my fav. I will return the favor.

I'll see what I can get. They have 60 bottles of Underbelly's pick which is supposed to be on the spicier side and plenty of their own on the sweeter side. 60 for the pair before taxes or 33 each individually. Both if that's an option?
Wheatables02
AG
BQRyno said:

Wheatables02 said:

BQRyno said:

Wheatables02 said:

BQRyno said:

Going to get me one?

I'll see what I can get. They have 60 bottles of Underbelly's pick which is supposed to be on the spicier side and plenty of their own on the sweeter side. 60 for the pair before taxes or 33 each individually. Both if that's an option?
Sure both if avail but I'm good with just the sweet if they run out of the spice.
BQRyno
AG
Good deal, I'll check back here tomorrow.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Not really interested in having one shipped but if you come through College station regularly I'd be interested in one of the four roses assuming it's the barrel strength on their fb page. Will pay upfront so you aren't out on it before you make it up this way
BQRyno
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Not really interested in having one shipped but if you come through College station regularly I'd be interested in one of the four roses assuming it's the barrel strength on their fb page. Will pay upfront so you aren't out on it before you make it up this way

I haven't actually been up to CS in a couple years. Sorry man!
BQRyno
AG
Wheatables02 said:

BQRyno said:

Wheatables02 said:

BQRyno said:

Wheatables02 said:

BQRyno said:

Going to get me one?

Sure both if avail but I'm good with just the sweet if they run out of the spice.

Got you hooked up. Glad I got here early - I drove from a different part of town and got here a little after 9, first one here so just sat in my car. They went ahead and opened up about 9:45, and the Underbelly pick is already gone.
CharlieBrown17
AG
No worries
BQRyno
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

No worries

Oh, and the Four Roses was sold out before today, so there's that.
aad03
AG
BQRyno said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

No worries

Good to know. I was thinking about trying to run down there later for some Four Roses, but nevermind.

Is there any reason that Underbelly's pick should be especially desirable?
Class of '03
BQRyno
AG
aad03 said:

BQRyno said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

No worries

Good to know. I was thinking about trying to run down there later for some Four Roses, but nevermind.

Is there any reason that Underbelly's pick should be especially desirable?

Yeah was looking forward to that barrel proof Four Roses. It must have sold out this weekend.

I think the Underbelly pick is sought after because it was picked by the Houston Bourbon Consortium and Chris Shepherd and because Nasa only got 60 bottles total. Plus it's something unique for a reasonable price.
jh0400
AG
The main reason I see that the Underbelly pick was sought after, aside from the fact that is was picked by Chris Shepherd, is that Underbelly is no more. Hopefully he'll do and release more picks once Georgia James is open. I only wish there were more picks released ITL. There's no way I could ever make it to Nasa Liquor during the week for a pickup.
Wheatables02
AG
BQRyno said:

Wheatables02 said:

BQRyno said:

Wheatables02 said:

BQRyno said:

Wheatables02 said:

BQRyno said:

Going to get me one?

Got you hooked up. Glad I got here early - I drove from a different part of town and got here a little after 9, first one here so just sat in my car. They went ahead and opened up about 9:45, and the Underbelly pick is already gone.

Shoot me an email at RMSalch @ gmail dot com and we can work out the details.
email sent. thank you sir!
First Page Last Page
Page 313 of 1099

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.