Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,859,807 Views | 38613 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Bulldog73
CRM1712
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been looking for WLW, but apparently that stuff is the hot item of the bunch this year.
FlyFish95
CRM,

Are you in Houston? What did you pay for the Stagg and ER 17?
CRM1712
AG
Yep. BTAC is $72/ea from what I have been told. That is list.
aggieann
AG
"Did a High School Principal Steal a Bunch of Tasty, Rare Bourbon?"

A high school principal in rural Kentucky is now a primary suspect in the heist of almost 200 bottles of rare, expensive bourbon that went missing from a nearby distillery earlier this year.

Chris Pickett, the principal at Bardstown High School, met with police Monday to discuss the theft of 195 bottles of Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Rye from the Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, reports Louisville CBS affiliate WLKY.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/29/thedc-investigates-did-a-high-school-principal-steal-a-bunch-of-tasty-rare-bourbon/
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
Yep. BTAC is $72/ea from what I have been told. That is list.

I just picked up my bottles of ER17 and THH. They were both $69.34 plus tax. My GTS last week was the same.
FlyFish95
I found two bottles of George T. Stagg today and purchased both.
austinag1997
AG
Anybody got intel on when Pappy will hit the shelf in Austin?
CRM1712
AG
Nice dryfly!

Pappy doesn't hit she shelf. But I've heard first week of Nov.
TxKng82
AG
Got Four Roses 125th Anniversary and Thomas Handy today. Bottle of Stagg waiting for me mañana.
FlyFish95
Nice get on the Four Roses 125th. Got mine last week.

Anyone have any reviews on the Balcones stuff?
austinag1997
AG
quote:
Pappy doesn't hit she shelf. But I've heard first week of Nov.

I wouldn't be asking if it was going to sit on a shelf! That's what I've heard also. Last year, it was 11/04.
FlyFish95
Sounds like it's about that time for Houston too.
austinag1997
AG
Bought a bottle of Four Roses Barrel Proof OBSO signed by Jim Rutledge last week.
FlyFish95
quote:
Got Four Roses 125th Anniversary

BTW, is that small batch or single barrel? I got the small batch.
TxKng82
AG
quote:
quote:
Got Four Roses 125th Anniversary

BTW, is that small batch or single barrel? I got the small batch.

small batch
FlyFish95
I haven't opened my yet, but eventually will at some point. I've heard it's phenomenal.
TxKng82
AG
quote:
I haven't opened my yet, but eventually will at some point. I've heard it's phenomenal.

Yeah I've heard it's awesome too. Ill hold off awhile, but ill be too curious to hold off too long.
htxag09
AG
Picked up some four roses single cast today and tried it today. I was impressed! Also picked up some high west at the recommendation of an employee, looking forward to it.
Quantum ace
AG
quote:
Anyone have any reviews on the Balcones stuff?

I think its pretty good, but it is very different from your average bourbon. Its a little pricy, so I recommend trying before you buy a bottle.
austinag1997
AG
I have really struggled with the Texas bourbons... just a tough comparison with KY bourbons at a similar price point.

joshwayne330
quote:
Got Four Roses 125th Anniversary and Thomas Handy today. Bottle of Stagg waiting for me mañana.

You're my Hero!
TxKng82
AG
quote:
quote:

You're my Hero!

I got you to blame for my empty wallet now!!
FlyFish95
Found a bottle of the 2013 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon today.
Icecream_Ag
S
2 bottes of Thomas handy sazerac rye from the btac at specs on Jones at 290 of interested
Mathguy64
AG
In the last 3 days I have sampled my new Stagg, ER17 and THH. Wow. The Handy got made into an amazing Sazerac. The Stagg is chocolaty and with a great nose. The ER17 neat is the best 90 proof bourbon I have ever had.

Harlan Wheatley is a genius. If I could work at Buffalo Trace and be on their tasting panel I would think I have died and gone to heaven.
FlyFish95
I'm still looking for the ER 17. I got a bottle of GTS at Specs two days ago, but I haven't seen any of the other BTAC stuff yet.
TxKng82
AG
That makes me want to really get some ER17...
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
To mathguy for actually posting a review instead of a pick-up report.
austinag1997
AG
Sazerac is in the process of delivering to Specs in Texas. I'm not sure how the distribution works... if the Antique Collection is rolled out at once, or if it is in stages. Pappy is distributed individually as far as I can determine (i.e. not with other Sazerac products).

Quantum ace
AG
I dont know about when they are released, but they often get delivered separately by the distributors. It looks like most stores are just getting one case (3 bottles) at a time. I know a Specs in Katy just got a case of GTS a few days ago (none of them hit a shelf though), and yesterday the downtown Specs had a case or two of Weller that hadn't been allocated to a store yet.
FlyFish95
There's so little of this product out there it's frustrating.
ka
Just curious... has anyone seen any BTAC outside of a Specs? I miraculously found 8 bottles at some of the outlying specs, but I was curious if anyone had seen any from 2013 in a non-specs store.
FlyFish95
What did did you find 8 bottles of? I found a case of Thomas H Handy today, but I don't think it was 2013 stuff.

Anyone interested in Jefferson Presidential Select 21 year? I found a place that has 6 bottles of it. Dude wants $199 though.
ka
JPS 21 is at the liquor store on Yale across from walmart.

I found 7 BTACs at the specs on I10 at bunker hill as follows:

2 staggs
2 wlw
2 THH
1 ER 17

And then I found a lone WLW at another specs.

Haven't seen any saz yet. Not sure the downtown specs has even gotten that in.

The downtown specs had a lot if the Four Roses 125th Anniv. if anyone is interested.
FlyFish95
Did you buy all of that? I went buy there today and didn't see any of that. This is the one between Wirt and Antoine, right?
First Page Last Page
Page 31 of 1104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.