Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,870,343 Views | 38708 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by rebelag62
Jimbo F Fisher
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AG 2000 are you saying you would sell the Blantons ?
RenoAg
IBMs_Watson said:

Any opinions on Garrison Cowboy Bourbon?

Awful. Just awful. Instead buy a can of corn and drain the water out of it. Drink that instead. Your palate will thank you. And your wallet will too. Worst purchase I've ever made. I gave the bottle away free to a friend after trying 3 pours. His review? He paid too much.
RenoAg
Digging in my bunker tonight I found a bottle of Booker's Noe's Secret. Cracked it open. Not my favorite pour but I'm giving it a positive review. Too bad Booker's is gettin hard to find for under $70/bottle. I like it but not enough to pay that for it.

Last year's Bookers Rye though that unicorn jizz was worth every bit of the $299 retail price to me.

Oh and I unexpectedly found a Barterhouse tonight. $90. Merry Christmas to me. I've had some before. Plus now I can look at that cool cat.
John Francis Donaghy
That "Noe Secret" was a great iteration too. Probably the best bottle of Bookers I've ever bought. It has an almost cherry like taste to it, it's so rich.
showtime
AG
hello friends - weird question but I promise I will make it bourbon related.

I am looking for an offset smoker (probably a used one) and my cash budget is somewhat limited. But I am willing to throw in a bottle or two to make it work. If anyone in the DFW area has one or knows of one that is available, holler at me. I am looking to make a deal soon. And by bottle I mean something in the BTAC/ORVW/'Lot B' realm.
Farmer1906
AG
At brunch/lunch and see ORVW. I ask how much & they say $49. No thanks!
Credible Source
AG
showtime said:

hello friends - weird question but I promise I will make it bourbon related.

I am looking for an offset smoker (probably a used one) and my cash budget is somewhat limited. But I am willing to throw in a bottle or two to make it work. If anyone in the DFW area has one or knows of one that is available, holler at me. I am looking to make a deal soon. And by bottle I mean something in the BTAC/ORVW/'Lot B' realm.

This is odd, I responded to a Facebook request trading a PVW for an offset smoker a few months ago. Are you the same guy? Or just an odd coincidence?
showtime
AG
Coincidence, my man. But that makes me feel better that at least I'm not the only one trying to barter.
Independence H-D
Is it really worth it?

FriedTex
AG
I think that's close to MSRP oddly - I'd never lay that much for a Rye. Hell I'd never pay that much for anything I convert into piss
jh0400
AG
Independence H-D said:

Is it really worth it?

If I wasn't still in the hospital I open mine and let you know.
Independence H-D
#humblebrag?
aggielostinETX
AG
Independence H-D said:

#humblebrag?
I am sure he'd trade it for not having a broken leg.
Credible Source
AG
Independence H-D said:

Is it really worth it?

I've been wondering if its worth it myself. It seems if it was worth $450 it wouldn't be sitting on shelves everywhere in Austin for that price.
Independence H-D
Deats said:

Independence H-D said:

#humblebrag?

#sarcasm
jh0400
AG
Deats said:

Independence H-D said:

#humblebrag?

This.
Independence H-D
jh0400 said:

Deats said:

Independence H-D said:

#humblebrag?

This.

Please understand my post was meant to be humorous. Prayers for healing and that you can soon begin to turn that expensive rye into piss.
FriedTex
AG
Drinking GTS in honor of my Bobcats doing work in the state championship game!
Farmer1906
AG
Had some OFBB & GTS at my favorite bar. Then the liquor store next door had ECBP. Sold night.
FTAG 2000
AG
Jimbo F Fisher said:

AG 2000 are you saying you would sell the Blantons ?

Sorry been on a temp ban. But yes have some to sell.
aggielostinETX
AG
Around next week if you want to square up on the EC12(?) bottle.
austinag1997
AG
When you accidentally read the first page of this thread instead of the current thread, you realize how tight the market has become in a relatively short time. Now we are bartering Blanton's.
FTAG 2000
AG
Deats said:

Around next week if you want to square up on the EC12(?) bottle.

Sounds good. Won't be back in town until Thursday AM but let's find some time.
Credible Source
AG
My old lady got ame a Bellmead sour mash for Christmas, anyone had this? Any good?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Carl Hungus said:

My old lady got ame a Bellmead sour mash for Christmas, anyone had this? Any good?

Makes a great cocktail, I've only had it straight a couple times but enjoyed it then as well.
Sixdrakes
AG
Carl, I enjoyed it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another bottle.
Sixdrakes
AG
Anyone looking for a GTS?

I found this thread a couple years ago and have followed it almost daily since then. I have learned a lot about bourbon from several of the posters on here. Some of you are very knowledgeable and I appreciate your input. In the past three weeks I was fortunate enough to get my hands on two GTS bottles from local liquor stores. I would like to offer my extra bottle to a fellow Aggie that follows or contributes to this thread. I paid $245 for this bottle and will let it go for $260 which is about $100 cheaper than secondary market. I can email you proof of receipt if you need verification of price I paid. I am more interested in trading bottles than I am cash. I live and work on the west side of Houston and prefer a local exchange. If I have to, I will ship within Texas and will ship it so that you will receive it before NYE. Message me if you are interested.
plowboy1065
S
What are you looking for in trade?
aggielostinETX
AG
I'll take it.
Sixdrakes
AG
plowboy1065 said:

What are you looking for in trade?
Primarily looking for EC18, SFTB, RHF, ETL
Post removed:
by user
tripperwill
AG
I know others have already replied, but I'd be willing to pay cash or trade with EC18 and ETL. Also have others you may be interested in.
the dude10
AG
Looks like I am late. I will throw my name out there anyway. Would pay cash or trade. Have EC18 you are looking for or I would trade my ORVW if you are interested in that. Looks like you have options so congrats on that
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I'll throw my name in the hat as well. Of your ISO I currently only have RHF unopened... I also have cash. Let me know!
austinag1997
AG
Anyone in Austin want ETL at $79.99 + tax, let me know.
First Page Last Page
Page 292 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.