Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,868,634 Views | 38691 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by trouble
DallasAggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sad to hear that about seeing it in DFW. I'll definitely keep my eyes out for it and call around the area to try and track it down. If I find anything, I'll definitely post it here right away for others to hopefully be able to snag one.
Brad_97
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

RHF is one of my all time favorites, and I haven't seen a bottle in years. If anyone happrns to see it at retail price in DFW, I would very much appreciate a heads up, either PM or just a post on the thread.

No idea if they still have it or the price, but Reggis Liqour just South of the DFW airport had a RHF in the back room months back. They tried to sell when I was so intent on trying to buy the WLW and THH they had back there. Posted a while back on this but the BTAC ended up "not in the system" and eventually was Secondary + in cost.

I didn't end up buying anything from them after that fiasco, but may be worth a call to see if they have any and price.

If anyone sees any ECBP 138.8 (old bottle, older release) I'm looking.

Brad
aggiedaniel06
AG
I have the following three bottles I'm looking to offload and would like to sell together for pickup in Houston. A reasonable offer and it's yours. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Eagle Rare 10 and Michters sour mash. All 700ml bottles.
Brad_97
AG
Hmm really only looking for old bottle ECBP unless you happen to be looking for some W12? What proof ECBP? It appears to be an export bottle being only 700ml? Is the ER aged stated on the neck of the bottle or back?
IBMs_Watson
Also interested in the ECBP in case Brad changes his mind. I can talk trade or cash.
Farmer1906
AG
I was talking to a worker at Specs the other day. He said he heard Eagle Rare may be going the way of EC12 where they take the age statement off. Who knows if there is any truth, but I sure a **** hope not. ER is my goto daily drinker.
Farmer1906
AG
Brad_97 said:

Hmm really only looking for old bottle ECBP unless you happen to be looking for some W12? What proof ECBP? It appears to be an export bottle being only 700ml? Is the ER aged stated on the neck of the bottle or back?
Back
Farmer1906
AG
Speaking of ER, does anyone have any ER17 they want to sell?
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'm in NYC, saw some good bottles for ass rapey prices. ETL for $200?
RebelE Infantry
AG
Anyone interested in straight up selling me a bottle of Blanton's (Houston area)? I don't have much to give in trade.
Credible Source
AG
I'm happy to sell you a bottle plus shipping from Austin. Let
Me know if you want me too.
FlyFish95
AlaskanAg99 said:

I'm in NYC, saw some good bottles for ass rapey prices. ETL for $200?
What, you don't like paying $200 for $30 bourbon?
dummble
AG
I saw your post on the OB. They had some at Liquor Hut in Baytown a few weeks ago. Not sure if you want to drive that far.
aggielostinETX
AG
Carl Hungus said:

I'm happy to sell you a bottle plus shipping from Austin. Let
Me know if you want me too.
I have some too.

Carl, what letter do you have?

I would be happy to do a swap and pay for for the extra shipping to get some new letters...
Credible Source
AG
Don't know exactly off the top of my head, but it seems like I have a **** ton of Bs and Ns
aggielostinETX
AG
I have 4 ****ing N's....
plarmigan
AG
Just recently got into trying bourbon (purchased Eagle Rare 10, Basil Hayden's & Bulleit so far), but I feel like I need a damn cheat sheet for all the acronyms being used on this thread. Still learning a lot none the less.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Right there with you! This acronym cheat sheet from R/Bourbon helps me all the time still. It's a pretty good list of commonly used acronyms. Acronym Cheatsheet
plarmigan
AG
Oh wow, this is exactly what I needed! Thank you very much!!
hammerhead
Just got a call from Specs in Austin, North Mopac location....she got 12 bottles of Blantons this morning and said I could have one. Paid her over the phone and picking up this afternoon.

jsn1986
AG
Never heard of paying specs over the phone. I don't trust any of the people at specs enough to do that. I knew one in the woodlands had Blantons so I decided to get one for a friend. Was told the store hadn't seen Blantons in months, then I mentioned a mutual friend with the specs guy and the Blantons magically appeared from the back. They also keep the ER in the back.
showtime
AG
It's a sad state of affairs when Blanton's is being allocated.
Credible Source
AG
How much did they charge?
RenoAg
ER10 in the back = jumped the shark.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Eagle Rare in the back? Geez.
tripperwill
AG
There's Blantons hidden in the boxes at the Specs in south Austin. I had to ask for it, limit 1, $50.
Fall92
AG
IBMs_Watson said:

Fall92 - I can't PM so please shoot me an e-mail!

BuyMy2006MX5 at gmail dot com
Sorry have been on vacation. Emailed you today.
jsn1986
AG
Blantons was about $60 with tax.
aggielostinETX
AG
I'll be in London in 10 days. If you want something you can't get here, PM and I'll try my best.

ETA no luck...
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
BQRyno
AG
Does London get Blanton's SFTB? I don't sub and can't PM, but if that was an option, I'm absolutely interested in that possibility...
BQRyno
AG
If anyone needs any of the Old Forester Whiskey Row series (1870, 1897, 1920) or Statesmen, the Total Wine in Cinco Ranch basically always has them. Happy to C+S.
aggielostinETX
AG
BQRyno said:

Does London get Blanton's SFTB? I don't sub and can't PM, but if that was an option, I'm absolutely interested in that possibility...

London gets all the Blantons stuff.
Text me 214-fivesevsev-8six3sev
tx4guns
AG
McGibbletts and I did a Buffalo Trace store pick for M&R Liquors in NW Houston on Sunday. They are taking pre-orders if you call them to reserve your bottles. It's a good one!
AlaskanAg99
AG
BQRyno said:

If anyone needs any of the Old Forester Whiskey Row series (1870, 1897, 1920) or Statesmen, the Total Wine in Cinco Ranch basically always has them. Happy to C+S.

Anyone had the Statesman? I do like the 1920.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

BQRyno said:

Anyone had the Statesman? I do like the 1920.

Tx4Guns and I did and it doesn't even compare to 1920. Not complex at all.
First Page Last Page
Page 254 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.