Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,748,792 Views | 37531 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by Aggie Therapist
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great a bottle I don't need to seek out.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
tx4guns said:

McGibbletts and I did a Buffalo Trace store pick for M&R Liquors in NW Houston on Sunday. They are taking pre-orders if you call them to reserve your bottles. It's a good one!
Pre-orders for a bottle of Buffalo Trace?
Fall92
AG
SIAP, but pretty interesting article on Indianola Distilling:

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Morgan-Weber-launches-local-spirits-company-11949635.php
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
aggielostinETX
AG
tx4guns said:

McGibbletts and I did a Buffalo Trace store pick for M&R Liquors in NW Houston on Sunday. They are taking pre-orders if you call them to reserve your bottles. It's a good one!
I assume worth more than $30 price point?
Mr. McGibblets
AG
M&R is selling the 750 bottle for $24.99. It is a steal so reserve your bottles asap.
aggiemike89
AG
tx4guns said:

I saw that on M&R's FB feed last night. Told Ayman to save me a couple of bottles.
aggielostinETX
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

M&R is selling the 750 bottle for $24.99. It is a steal so reserve your bottles asap.

Calling today.
Post removed:
by user
agcrock2005
AG
plarmigan said:

Just recently got into trying bourbon (purchased Eagle Rare 10, Basil Hayden's & Bulleit so far), but I feel like I need a damn cheat sheet for all the acronyms being used on this thread. Still learning a lot none the less.
No ***** I've googled about 10 in the last 5 minutes. Ha.
SuperAg05
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

Not to offend, but aren't BT Store picks kind of all over the place?

I know the WB liquor attached to Costco in Greenway Plaza almost always has the little 375's of their picks available. I think Liquor Hut out in Baytown has them as well. I'm sure there's more at places I don't frequent as much (Nasa , Premier, Goody)

Not saying its not a good pick and worth picking up in your are in the area. But reserving bottles?
plowboy1065
S
aggiemike89 said:

tx4guns said:

I saw that on M&R's FB feed last night. Told Ayman to save me a couple of bottles.

I just did the same
aggielostinETX
AG
Thoughts on the 2016 Yellowstone 101 limited edition?
Wheatables02
AG
It's good but too highly priced.
LCE
AG
Old Grand Dad 114 not bad for $22

aggielostinETX
AG
What would you say is acceptable price point? Going to haggle.
plowboy1065
S
Shhh, keep that to yourself
Wheatables02
AG
Deats said:

What would you say is acceptable price point? Going to haggle.
MSRP is $99-109. I overpaid at $89. Try $49-69, Ha. Good luck.
CrottyKid
AG
Do any of you guys mail bourbon to other people? How do you go about doing that?
showtime
AG
Don't go letting the cat out of the bag. I'm stockpili g before it's discontinued.
plowboy1065
S
That's been canceled
showtime
AG
O frabjous day! Calloo! Callay!

Blue star the bearer of good news.
Credible Source
AG
CrottyKid said:

Do any of you guys mail bourbon to other people? How do you go about doing that?

I do it quite a bit. Suckers up north send me all kinds of good bourbon for OWA and w12. It's great. Just bubble wrap it and send it.
John Francis Donaghy
plowboy1065 said:

That's been canceled

Yep, was supposed to be back on shelves in Q2 but I think they ran behind. I was starting to worry when July rolled around and I still wasn't seeing it, but it just started being reliably available again at my normal stores in the last month or so. Glad to have it back.
plowboy1065
S
Carl Hungus said:

CrottyKid said:

I do it quite a bit. Suckers up north send me all kinds of good bourbon for OWA and w12. It's great. Just bubble wrap it and send it.

Add a box of macaroni to hide the sound of the liquid moving around
Wheatables02
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Carl Hungus said:

CrottyKid said:

Add a box of macaroni to hide the sound of the liquid moving around
Don't ship to yourself or someone else via USPS. It's illegal. Use a private carrier such as FedEx, UPS, etc.
FTAG 2000
AG
Dfw area total wines just got in a shipment of RHF.

Happy hunting.
HouseDivided06
AG
On shelves or do you have to ask for it?
FTAG 2000
AG
It was on the shelf at the Preston and 121 store, no guarantee other stores will be set up the same way. May be at front counter, or hidden.
aggielostinETX
AG
AG 2000' said:

It was on the shelf at the Preston and 121 store, no guarantee other stores will be set up the same way. May be at front counter, or hidden.

Only store that got any
DallasAggie2012
AG
Anybody have any luck on the Ft Worth side with Rock Hill Farms? Called Goody Goody and a few others but didn't have any luck yet.
HouseDivided06
AG
Yep, just dropped by the Walnut Hill/75 location and they didn't have it. Annoying. Don't have time to get up to Preston and 121 today. Oh well.
aggielostinETX
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Yep, just dropped by the Walnut Hill/75 location and they didn't have it. Annoying. Don't have time to get up to Preston and 121 today. Oh well.

Two less now.
boogieman
AG
Got the last one on the shelf.
Thanks for the heads up.
aggielostinETX
AG
boogieman said:

Thanks for the heads up.
FYI... they had a couple cases, you may have to ask now
FTAG 2000
AG
Deats said:

boogieman said:

Thanks for the heads up.
FYI... they had a couple cases, you may have to ask now

Yeah, they told me they got three cases in. Not sure how proactive they'll be about keeping the shelf full as a couple of the employees were talking about getting some after their shift ended.

I'd ask if the shelf is empty.
First Page Last Page
Page 255 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.