Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,835,069 Views | 38375 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by AgCzar
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Magnus is fantastic. Nose is chocolate citrus. It dissolves on your tongue like ECBP.

Hope to get the cigar blend soon!
IBMs_Watson
I took the last of the WLW at B19 in Houston the other night. Bartender was feeling generous so wound up paying $25 for a ~3oz pour.

I'd love to find BTAC, ECBP, MWND, or Bookers Rye. I have W12, W107 (new labels), Blantons, Yippiee Ki Yay for possible trades. (No facebook, so can't use the other secondary markets.)
AlaskanAg99
AG
Unfortunately those aren't good enough trade bait to land whales.
IBMs_Watson
Of course I wasn't expecting 1:1 and didn't mean to imply that if I did. I have multiples of most listed.
tx4guns
AG
You're not gonna get those bottles for what you have. Just being truthful.
Credible Source
AG
You can get ECBP for W12 and OWA on the secondary Facebook sites. People up north pay stupid prices for W12.
IBMs_Watson
Thanks, and agreed Carl. Excluding BTAC and BR - I've seen ECBP and MWND exchanged for W12/Antique and Blanton's routinely.

I know where a ECBP is sitting on the shelf in Houston, but I don't want to reward the shop owner and his $100 price tag. I'd be a lot happier trading with an Ag.
tx4guns
AG
Yeah, I was talking BTAC and BR.
Daytona22
AG
Love the '16 WLW. Been toying with the idea of trading or buying secondary for some time now. lucky to get a pour like that for so cheap. Some places have gone up to $50 for a pour.
jh0400
AG
malibuVLX said:

Love the '16 WLW. Been toying with the idea of trading or buying secondary for some time now. lucky to get a pour like that for so cheap. Some places have gone up to $50 for a pour.

I've never seen it for $50. I had it at Julep, and I think it was $65. It was close to that at One Fifth, and I believe it was $85 at a bar (forget the name, but it's across the street from the Driskill) in Austin.
Daytona22
AG
Height beer garden was $53 I think last week when I went in. I've also had it for $40 a while ago at McIntyre's. I'm sure they have gone up since then.
Credible Source
AG
I went from really liking to Bourbon, to completely obsessed with buying it. I keep saying I'm good for awhile and need to stop, and then I double down even harder.
Bobby42
Wheat....where did you find the Magnus?
AlaskanAg99
AG
Carl Hungus said:

I went from really liking to Bourbon, to completely obsessed with buying it. I keep saying I'm good for awhile and need to stop, and then I double down even harder.

That's how I was in the early 00's. Had lots of BTAC several years of horizontals and Pappys. This when you could find the stuff on the shelf. Then got big into brewing and sold nearly all of it via eBay when it was allowed to pay for brewing gear.

I don't have any super rare stuff now but sitting on a good 20 bottles. All drinkers. And def keeping eyes and ears open for deals, limited releases etc... And if I still wasn't buying stainless for brewing, I'd have even more.

Still looking for
EC12
ETL
RHF
Wheatables02
AG
Bobby42 said:

Wheat....where did you find the Magnus?
True Spirits. They come in from time to time. Check your higher end shops.
HouseDivided06
AG
Ha that's where I saw it, too. Every once in awhile they have some decent stuff or good deals. I might go pick it up this weekend if they have more.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
If any of y'all are in Houston and looking for Magnus I know of at least 1 spot
Fall92
AG
IBMs_Watson said:

Thanks, and agreed Carl. Excluding BTAC and BR - I've seen ECBP and MWND exchanged for W12/Antique and Blanton's routinely.

I know where a ECBP is sitting on the shelf in Houston, but I don't want to reward the shop owner and his $100 price tag. I'd be a lot happier trading with an Ag.
I'd be willing to trade a Blanton's for MWND. Not sure if I have any unopened W12 but can check.
Fall92
AG
Also, Old Forester Statesman and Balcones Blue Corn showed up in a best value article I saw this week. Thoughts?
IBMs_Watson
Fall92 - I can't PM so please shoot me an e-mail!

BuyMy2006MX5 at gmail dot com
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Yeah I'll definitely give blantons for MWND if that falls through. I also have a handle of W12 I'd be willing to trade for something decent
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Accidental emoji there.
Credible Source
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Carl Hungus said:

That's how I was in the early 00's. Had lots of BTAC several years of horizontals and Pappys. This when you could find the stuff on the shelf. Then got big into brewing and sold nearly all of it via eBay when it was allowed to pay for brewing gear.

I don't have any super rare stuff now but sitting on a good 20 bottles. All drinkers. And def keeping eyes and ears open for deals, limited releases etc... And if I still wasn't buying stainless for brewing, I'd have even more.

Still looking for
EC12
ETL
RHF

I picked up a RHF today for $58
RenoAg
ECBP tonight. 139.4 proof. Almost hazmat level. Still tasty AF. Way better than the EC12 in my opinion if you can get that. Haven't even bothered with regular EC since they dropped the age statement. If I'm still going after this large pour that killed my bottle, I've got some Elliot's Select waiting on the table. Totally different flavor profile to mix it up. Cheers gentlemen. Oh and it looks like I might be medicating all weekend if my Stros can't stop this Sumlinesque close to the season. Brutal.
RenoAg
Carl where you find that RHF? City, state only. Not asking you to divulge a secret honey hole. Aside from btac and pappy I think it's the biggest unicorn in Htown. I've bought every bottle I've ever seen in the wild. Except for leaving one when I found 2 on a shelf. Gotta spread the good mojo to another hunter.
Credible Source
AG
RenoAg said:

Carl where you find that RHF? City, state only. Not asking you to divulge a secret honey hole. Aside from btac and pappy I think it's the biggest unicorn in Htown. I've bought every bottle I've ever seen in the wild. Except for leaving one when I found 2 on a shelf. Gotta spread the good mojo to another hunter.

Austin, TX. All over Facebook people up north have been posting pictures of the RHF they picked up, so I figured it is dropping soon here if not already. I called a few stores today and this one Indian lady finally figured out what I was asking and said they had one but not any new shipments. So I went and got it. Drinking JDBP tonight, a good easy to find Barell proof to keep me from killing all my ECBP
FTAG 2000
AG
RHF?
AlaskanAg99
AG
Roch Hill Farms
plowboy1065
S
AlaskanAg99 said:

Rock Hill Farms

FIFY
FriedTex
AG
I hate Jack Daniels but I like me some JDBP
Ringo88
AG
Keep an eye out for the Four Roses Al Young; it's apparently dropping in Texas now. Some of the best stuff Four Roses has put out in decades.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Anyone seen any Rock Hill Farms coming through the DFW area yet? I've never tried it and would like to snag a bottle hopefully when it drops.
Wheatables02
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

Anyone seen any Rock Hill Farms coming through the DFW area yet? I've never tried it and would like to snag a bottle hopefully when it drops.
I've never ever seen it in DFW.
Credible Source
AG
I'm keeping my eye out for it, I'm expecting it soon.
John Francis Donaghy
RHF is one of my all time favorites, and I haven't seen a bottle in years. If anyone happrns to see it at retail price in DFW, I would very much appreciate a heads up, either PM or just a post on the thread.
First Page Last Page
Page 253 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.