Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,871,747 Views | 38738 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by wmitchell
Credible Source
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I found a Thomas Handy the other day in a store, cracked it open Thursday, and holy crap it's good. My new favorite
plowboy1065
S
Nice find so long after release. What did you have to give?
ftworthag02
AG
Found a ECBP the other day at fw specs. Our family has been drinking ECSB for a while and really enjoy the bp
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Went to Whitmeyers on Friday and picked up a couple of their distillery only release cask strength single barrels. It's good stuff
plowboy1065
S
I've been wondering how their juice was
AlaskanAg99
AG
I was telling RenoAg I switch between homebrewing and hunting bourbon. Right now I'm gearing back into brewing and thankfully there aren't any release I'm aware of for a few months. I did walk into one of my stores to find a replacement Blanton's since my wife has taken a liking to it. He didn't have it but he did sell me a W12. That's was a surprise so this one is a gift for a buddy in Oregon.

Now if I can only find ETL and RHF sitting on a damn shelf.
BQRyno
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Despite only being aged for 2 years, I love their distillery release single barrel. It's fortunate for my bank account that I live down in Richmond/Rosenberg...
FriedTex
AG
Was in SoCal this weekend and stumbled upon one of those stores that had all BTAC and Pappy sitting on the shelf at higher than secondary prices. That crap is annoying
FlyFish95
FriedTex said:

Was in SoCal this weekend and stumbled upon one of those stores that had all BTAC and Pappy sitting on the shelf at higher than secondary prices. That crap is annoying
Well, if they weren't at higher than secondary prices they wouldn't be on the shelf at all.
HouseDivided06
AG
Haven't gotten to do much looking lately after baby #2, but ran by Beverage Depot off I-30 in south Dallas (close to my office in Deep Ellum) and they had a handful of Stagg Jr for $59.99 and Bookers for $55, which is the lowest I have seen Bookers in awhile. Just thought I would pass it along.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Paper label Wellers get through metal detectors with ease at James Taylor concerts

AlaskanAg99
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Paper label Wellers get through metal detectors with ease at James Taylor concerts

No socks...so this was a crotch smuggling operation?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
What would normally be a boot smuggling operation had to become a waistband operation.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
BQRyno said:

plowboy1065 said:

Despite only being aged for 2 years, I love their distillery release single barrel. It's fortunate for my bank account that I live down in Richmond/Rosenberg...

They make some really great stuff that's distillery release only. It's straight Bourbon, aged 2years and some change... they do things the right way and are great people. I'd be happy to help anyone out with some that's not in the area. I mean... I'm about an hour away but I make the pilgrimage when I run out.

Oh and I may or may not have been a part of a private Barrel Pick tasting there last week...
BQRyno
AG
Nice!! Was this the HBS pick that's going to specs in a couple months?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
BQRyno said:

Nice!! Was this the HBS pick that's going to specs in a couple months?

Yep!
BQRyno
AG
Jealous! I'll be waiting in line to pick that one up when it drops. I've only been to the distillery once (for their first tasting dinner), and the people there were awesome. I need to make more trips up that way.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
BQRyno said:

Jealous! I'll be waiting in line to pick that one up when it drops. I've only been to the distillery once (for their first tasting dinner), and the people there were awesome. I need to make more trips up that way.

Need to make one of those dinners! And yeah... this barrel is gonna move really fast!
BQRyno
AG
At the first of those dinners, the barrel we tried was one picked by a combo of HBS, bourbon hounds, and the bourbon cartel. It was fantastic, and I came home with two bottles. Hopefully y'all picked well!
boogieman
AG
Found a bottle of Blood Oath Pact 3 earlier today for $84. I've heard good things. Excited to try it out.

Anybody had it before?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Was it 216? I bought a couple of those last week. The 212 was my fave.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
boogieman said:

Found a bottle of Blood Oath Pact 3 earlier today for $84. I've heard good things. Excited to try it out.

Anybody had it before?

I've had it and I liked it, but I'm a sucker for finished bourbons. $84 is by far the best price I've seen too, so congrats and enjoy!
BQRyno
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Was it 216? I bought a couple of those last week. The 212 was my fave.

Yup, 216. I heard great things about 211 and 212 but didn't make it up there for either.
SuperAg05
AG
I've got a 212 bunkered away for a special occasion. Kinda sad I gave my 211 to my FIL.

I'll definitely be grabbing a couple of the Spec's picks when they drop. So hard to make it all the way up when they are open.
BQRyno
AG
How does the 216 compared to 211 and 212 for anyone who has had them?
RenoAg
That moment when you realize you got a box of 3 different bottles of FR barrel strength store picks, and all are recipes you've never tried. And they've been sitting in a corner of a closet that you forgot about several weeks ago. Jackpot!!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Glad to try this one again. It's great.

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Drinking some four grain tonight... I love the stuff...
Farmer1906
AG
Four Roses SB. This might be hands down the best value around.
tx4guns
AG
aggie1906 said:

OWA and RR10 store picks get that title for me, but off the shelf, common bourbon, FRSB is hard to beat.

Wheatables02
AG
tx4guns said:

aggie1906 said:

OWA and RR10 store picks get that title for me, but off the shelf, common bourbon, FRSB is hard to beat.

you mean RRsb picks?
tx4guns
AG
Yes, Russell's Reserve store picks. Most I've had are top tier bourbon. I'm a Turkey fan, though.
Wheatables02
AG
Any of you DFW folk able to get out today, drive to Flower Mound, and drink with another Ag buddy and me? It's impromptu and if 2 more come we can play 42.

I plan on cracking my Joseph Magnus, Michters Barrel Strength Rye, and some others. Let me know via PM or below and I'll text ya
HouseDivided06
AG
I can't today but let me know how the Magnus is. Saw some the other day and was tempted to pull the trigger.
BeardofZeus01
AG
You've got poor timing Wheat. I'd be there if I weren't single parenting today. Wife is spending the weekend with some old high school girlfriends and I'm just praying we survive until tomorrow. In solidarity with y'all, I plan on starting with a pour SAOS CS when the house finallys gets quiet.
First Page Last Page
Page 252 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.