Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,870,133 Views | 38704 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Aggie Therapist
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FriedTex said:

I prefer 107 to W12 personally
RenoAg
Odd since OWA is actually better than W12. Don't tell anyone though. We might start seeing OWA hidden behind counters. HAHAHA.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I only know of 1 store that has OWA on the shelves. Used to see it elsewhere but now it's all gone. In fact I know of more stores with Blanton''s on the shelf than OWA.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Also, in Houston, the Goody Goody on 6 has been bought out by Total Wine. No real big discounts as TW bought most of their shelf stock. I didn't see anything of interest but I've never been a real fan of that store.
RenoAg
AlaskanAg99 said:

I only know of 1 store that has OWA on the shelves. Used to see it elsewhere but now it's all gone. In fact I know of more stores with Blanton''s on the shelf than OWA.

I haven't been in a store locally in maybe a couple months. That's crazy if OWA is becoming scarce now.

Dug into my bunker recently and found I had about 200 ml left in a bottle of Jeffersons Ocean (voyage 3) I had forgotten about. Not bad. But reconfirmed my memory that it was not worth the price tag. I've got a voyage 7 cask strength unopened in there too. Thinking I might be better off trying to find another home for it.
plowboy1065
S
AlaskanAg99 said:

Also, in Houston, the Goody Goody on 6 has been bought out by Total Wine. No real big discounts as TW bought most of their shelf stock. I didn't see anything of interest but I've never been a real fan of that store.
I was just there about an hour ago and had no idea it was closing. Only thing I saw as far as a deal was Bookers for $39
AlaskanAg99
AG
The empty shelves and boxes of booze everywhere didn't tip you off? Maybe they already moved it out, but they were reboxing a lot of stuff that wasn't included in the sale.
Farmer1906
AG
+1 on not worth it. It's unique, but no where near the price tag.
HouseDivided06
AG
Anyone had the Old Forester Single Barrel? Saw 2 at Goody Goody in Addison for about $40. Also had one bottle of Rebel Yell 10 year left. I remember someone on here recently saying they were looking for that but can't remember who it was and where they were located.
dmart90
AG
Picked up a bottle of Blanton's Special Reserve when we were in Rome on vacation recently. 55 euro (~60 USD) per bottle. When I walked up to the counter with it, the guy asked me where in America I was from. He then told me he knew I was American because only Americans buy it.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Yep, when in Rome..... Too much great wine, grappa, prosecco, etc to drink in Italy to have to resort to buying a bottle of bourbon that sat in unariconditioned shipping container for six months.
Credible Source
AG
Well....how was it?
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Ok so what bourbons do Italians drink then...?

I restocked a few of my SFTB Blantons recently as I've realized I just keep grabbing those bottles each night. I have a decent size collection of bourbon including BTAC, but the SFTB has been my go to for awhile now.
dmart90
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Well....how was it?
Haven't cracked it open yet. Soon.
JobSecurity
AG
So my grandpa had some bottles of whiskey in his house and now they're mine. Is this bottle of crown really from 1969? There was also a Canadian club from 1979.

Would they still be any good? Are they worth anything?

John Francis Donaghy
Yes, they will still be good. How good may depend on how they were stored. Cool dark cabinet? Should be perfectly fine. If it sat on a shelf by a sunny window for a few years, not going to be as good. But likely still perfectly drinkable.

No idea what the market is like for dusty canadian whiskies. But I might be interested if you're in Dallas area, depending on what the price turns out to be.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
People will absolutely be interested in these, and they will fetch a pretty good price too.

I'd be interested, but the price will be out of my range. I can show you what a couple have sold for on secondary if you'd like...
Leanderthal
I am new to the boubon safari, but I found a lone 1.75L of the "older label" Elijah Craig that has the 12 year age statement. All the other bottles were either the new bottle/label or the old label sans the red 12.

I bought it, and I think it tastes better than the newer EC. I may be a dreamer, but I will chalk that find up as a win!
John Francis Donaghy
Leanderthal said:

I am new to the boubon safari, but I found a lone 1.75L of the "older label" Elijah Craig that has the 12 year age statement. All the other bottles were either the new bottle/label or the old label sans the red 12.

I bought it, and I think it tastes better than the newer EC. I may be a dreamer, but I will chalk that find up as a win!

If they still have bottles with the old label type, turn them around and read the paragraph on the back. There was a brief period where the 12 year age statement was taken off the front of the label, but stayed in the paragraph writeup on the back of the bottle. Those bottles are the same stuff as the bottles with the red 12 on the front.
BlueMiles
AG
Just curious if those dates were significant to him.
Fall92
AG
Picked up a bottle of WLW at my local liquor store on Saturday. The wallet is a lot lighter now but I was happy to find one in the wild. Same place had a bottle of ECBP. Still looking for some ETL and MWND though.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I know a place that has Stagg and Handy for $600 ea, but that's well above secondary market prices.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Fall92 said:

Picked up a bottle of WLW at my local liquor store on Saturday. The wallet is a lot lighter now but I was happy to find one in the wild. Same place had a bottle of ECBP. Still looking for some ETL and MWND though.

Dang... was it way above retail? I'll gladly trade you a MWND for the WLW
Fall92
AG
It was but still less than the GTS and TH above. You know you have the bourbon fever bad when you dream about buying ETL, GTS, and RHF at a foreign liquor store while trying to hide the receipt from your wife.
Fall92
AG
The Spec's on Weslayan in Houston has several 1.75s of OWA right now.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'm still looking for EC12 at C+S if yall come across it. I'm in the Houston area for a local meet up or to go pick it up myself.
plowboy1065
S
I have only one RHF left and I don't want to open until I find one to replace it in the bunker. Been a while since I've seen one
Farmer1906
AG
Let me know if you find 2
AlaskanAg99
AG
RHF is allocated. I am an idiot who passed on 1 at a local store, then I got lucky at a Specs. Haven't seen one since. Kicking myself for letting the first one slide.
Daytona22
AG
Jealous of this... I've come close to pulling the trigger a couple of times on secondary. I really like the 2016. Surprised this was still on the shelf somewhere in Houston.
claybot
AG
FriedTex said:

I prefer 107 to W12 personally
I've got a bunch of 107 if anyone wants to trade for W12. Down to my last couple pours.
Wheatables02
AG
Can anyone get me a couple C&S on Smooth Ambler Old Scout Single Barrel Cask Strengths? I didn't know they were discontinued and missed them all. Probably one of my favorite pours. I had heard about the 10 being discontinued but not the SBCS.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Where do you live? I know a local place that has a menu of all the SAOSSB they have... they're more than fully stocked.
Wheatables02
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Where do you live? I know a local place that has a menu of all the SAOSSB they have... they're more than fully stocked.
DFW. PM me?
BQRyno
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Details.....
First Page Last Page
Page 241 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.