Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,926,399 Views | 39304 Replies | Last: 16 sec ago by Know Your Enemy
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would travel for that!!
plowboy1065
S
Let me know. I will be out and about tomorrow
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Dang. I'll take any extra M10 eyes if anyone has em.

Also, big fat yes on a 4RSB store pick...
dlp3719
AG
Found two M10 today. Thanks to this thread. $122 each.
Geriatric Punk
AG
I just moved back to D/FW and don't have the distribution knowledge of the area like I did in my last home.

How easy is it to score Blanton's here? Do you need to bribe the stock guy/girl? Is it predictable here? Thank in advance.
schmellba99
AG
I drank some aged Larceny last night. I like that I can enjoy something that I dont have to be Indiana Jones to find.

Between that and the vicodin, i was feeling good.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

I just moved back to D/FW and don't have the distribution knowledge of the area like I did in my last home.

How easy is it to score Blanton's here? Do you need to bribe the stock guy/girl? Is it predictable here? Thank in advance.
Havent tried too hard but everytime i have gone into Specs or Total Wine they are out and the sales reps just shake their heads like, "really?". So, yeah, not super easy.

that said i did score a bottle at Harleys outside Lakeport last weekend when i was headed out to Lake Cherokee. They actually had 2 but only bought the 1. the Missus probably would have given me an earful had a showed up with both
Buck Compton
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Geriatric Punk said:

Havent tried too hard but everytime i have gone into Specs or Total Wine they are out and the sales reps just shake their heads like, "really?". So, yeah, not super easy.

that said i did score a bottle at Harleys outside Lakeport last weekend when i was headed out to Lake Cherokee. They actually had 2 but only bought the 1. the Missus probably would have given me an earful had a showed up with both
The big Spec's at 75 and Walnut Hill controls distribution for the rest of Dallas Spec's. They get Blanton's (and lots else) in quite often and just hold it in the back for regular customers to come in and ask for it. The last three times I have asked for it, I have gotten a bottle with the letter of my choosing. I just don't drink it that much.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Thanks for the heads up. I don't drink it often, but it is something I like to keep around for when the time comes for a proper glass of bourbs (usually with my pops or after a football game in November).
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

Thanks for the heads up. I don't drink it often, but it is something I like to keep around for when the time comes for a proper glass of bourbs (usually with my pops or after a football game in November).
the time for a proper glass of bourbon is so much more often than that.
Wheatables02
AG
I just don't get Blanton's. I think the taste is average, at best. Cool looking bottle, yes, but taste wise it's lacking. Straight from the barrel however is really good.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Wheatables02 said:

I just don't get Blanton's. I think the taste is average, at best. Cool looking bottle, yes, but taste wise it's lacking. Straight from the barrel however is really good.
Careful with that opinion. You'll be told you don't know **** if you ever leave a bottle on the shelf.
FriedTex
AG
Good cheap bourbon: Very Old Barton Bottle in bond.

13.99 / aged 6 years
TGoll09
AG
Straight from the Barrel ruined regular Blanton's for me
TGoll09
AG
Heaven Hill bottled in bond is pretty damn good for the price. Only available in KY, so I had a friend in Cincinnati pick me up a few bottles. It's like 12 bucks for a 750ml
CrottyKid
AG
This is my cheap bourbon along with Johnny Drum Private Stock.
FlyFish95
Wheatables02 said:

Agree, it's bland and watery.
'03ag
Ducks4brkfast said:

Geriatric Punk said:

the time for a proper glass of bourbon is so much more often than that.

Football, baseball, family in town . . .Tuesday.
Farmer1906
AG
I was at the Houstonian the other day.

They had Stagg, Handy, WLW, Booker's Rye, EC 18, EC 23, and several other quality bourbons. One of the bartenders said they'll be getting Pappy in next week.

For you scotch enthusiasts, there was 25, 30, and 40-year-old Balvenie.

Of course, it was a little pricey. I had some of the Booker's Rye (first time) and it had a little more heat than I was expecting, but the spice was there too. Very enjoyable.
Fall92
AG
Was at Hubble and Hudson in The Woodlands on Saturday. They had some Booker's Rye too. I had some ORVW there. They also had Rhetoric.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Anyone spot any W12 in the wild?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

I've been told not until October/November... but it's showing up in other states.

If anyone happens to run across any Rebel Yell 10 let me know. Had a pour and this one perfectly fits my palate, apparently.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

I've been told not until October/November... but it's showing up in other states.

If anyone happens to run across any Rebel Yell 10 let me know. Had a pour and this one perfectly fits my palate, apparently.

I stopped in a few stores and chatted with the owners where I scored bottles last fall. The answer was they order it and if it shows up, it shows up.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Yeah... I walked into my local spot as a guy was checking out with the last bottle last week...
DallasAggie2012
AG
I've been following this thread for a while now and have been getting into bourbon a little more recently, and I was wondering if you guys have any good sources to follow upcoming releases or release schedules? With all the different releases, it can get overwhelming to keep up with what all is coming out or when certain bottles I'm looking for are going to come out.

Thanks for all the info here too! Good follow for sure.
tx4guns
AG
http://breakingbourbon.com/release-list.html
bigevent99
AG
Was in Kentucky 2 weekends ago and the hotel bar had just gotten the Pappy 25. $500 a pour.

Needless to say I do not know what it tastes like.
HtownAg92
AG
I haven't been keeping up with the 240 pages, but my latest affordable obsession is Eagle Rare from Buffalo Trace, but you can rarely find it on shelves anywhere.

For a good sub, I went with Spec's reco of Walking Stick Single Barrel 90. Very good.

My next "splurge" purchase will be Jefferson's Ocean Aged. Not terribly expensive (less than $100). Had it at a bar in Memphis and am hooked.
plowboy1065
S
Watch out for those Specs recos
tx4guns
AG
You mean Noah's Mill isn't aged 16 years anymore!

plowboy1065 said:

Watch out for those Specs recos
Credible Source
AG
I got some of that the other day, didn't like it.
AggieBuck, meal credit, cash, outbound?
Fall92
AG
Love me some Walking Stick. I bought a bought a bottle of the Jefferson's Ocean. I didn't have very high hopes for it and it's serviceable so there's no disappointment.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Thanks for the link! That paired with this thread is extremely helpful.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Some notes, hit my places where I scored W12 in the fall, they did not have it.

Eagle Rare is everywhere.

Specs has Blanton's as an allocated item now. But I found it in several small shops. So look around.

So I didn't walk away empty handed I bought Weller 107. I figure if i didn't like it I'd use it for soaking oak for brewing. Turns out I really like this stuff.
FriedTex
AG
I prefer 107 to W12 personally
First Page Last Page
Page 240 of 1124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.