Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,865,274 Views | 38666 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by trouble
SouthTexasAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I paid $65 the other day but it was bottled on the day my son was born so would have probably paid $$$ for it
tx4guns
AG
I'm not a fan of BH. I hear the rye is very meh. Low proof turn-off.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
I'll drink it, but as I've tried stuff it's not my go to. I like higher proof. For people just starting to drink bourbon it's always one of my suggestions for them due to how easy it goes down.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
That's what she said?
bonfiresmoke
WALTON LOADS! said:

bonfiresmoke said:

SuperAg05 said:

I've seen Blanton's in the low 50's at Total Wine. I bought in the low 60's at a local place and felt fine about it. $70 is probably pushing it, but not crazy. I wouldn't go any further over that.
I have been buying it in Louisiana for $52 to $58.
Where in LA? I've been to a few places in Lake Charles and haven't found it yet.
North Louisiana, Shreveport area.
Wheatables02
AG
Friend offering me an EHT four grain for a FR Elliott's Select or OFBB 16. Which one do i trade??
tx4guns
AG
Don't take it. Heard it's less than remarkable. Keep your bottles, as they're better.
The Silverback
AG

Completed the Grand Slam.....Now just got to keep from drinking them!
Post removed:
by user
The Silverback
AG
3rd Coast....not sure if you can tell or not but several dead soldiers in the background. Once I open one it usually last a couple days tops.

I think the 16 year Black Maple Hill on the far right might be my best bottle out of all of them though....anyone ever tried that before?

plowboy1065
S
Nice line up, congrats
boogieman
AG
Austin Ins Ag said:

I think the 16 year Black Maple Hill on the far right might be my best bottle out of all of them though....anyone ever tried that before?

I've heard great things, but I haven't even seen a label on a shelf to show where it's out of stock, let alone a bottle.
Fall92
AG
Was in NOLA last week. Emeril's has the full VW line at the bar. The bartender said they'd be getting in a bottle of the 25, too.
claybot
AG
Anybody seen new label Weller 12 in the wild yet? Supposedly dropping this month.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
claybot said:

Anybody seen new label Weller 12 in the wild yet? Supposedly dropping this month.

Negative. Have seen some antique 107 though at more than one place. Many people I know say they like antique better than 12... I am not one of those people...
AlaskanAg99
AG
Is another release of W12 actually happening? I thought it was fall only.
claybot
AG
I've seen a couple new label W12s on the secondary sites this week.
Wheatables02
AG
Any DFW peeps interested in a bourbon get together tomorrow night at 830 pm?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Anyone goin to the Houston whiskey social in a couple weeks?
Brad_97
AG
Wheat - can't today but still looking to make one. Are you in the DFW FB group?
Wheatables02
AG
Brad_97 said:

Wheat - can't today but still looking to make one. Are you in the DFW FB group?
I'm in Texags C&S and that's it. You can invite me on FB
Brad_97
AG
Got. Will do if you want to take down your addy
Ringo88
AG
Keep an eye out for the unannounced off-season release of Michter's 10 year. Very limited bottles from last Fall's batch just dropped this week in the southeast. No one was watching for them, so you might spot one in a glass case. Should be around $120; it is a very good batch.
dlp3719
AG
You are missing the 25 year.
dlp3719
AG
Had a pour at a bar in Atlanta and I liked it. I'd pay $50ish a bottle. What are they running? It's not $100s good.
Wheatables02
AG
Fall92
AG
dlp3719 said:

Had a pour at a bar in Atlanta and I liked it. I'd pay $50ish a bottle. What are they running? It's not $100s good.
I want to say $55-$66. Will double check this week.
aggiemike89
AG
Ringo88 said:

Keep an eye out for the unannounced off-season release of Michter's 10 year. Very limited bottles from last Fall's batch just dropped this week in the southeast. No one was watching for them, so you might spot one in a glass case. Should be around $120; it is a very good batch.
I actually saw two bottles of the 10-year old Rye at a store in the wild on Saturday. Had the wife with me so I couldn't pull the trigger as I have too many bottles in the bunker now. Will have to go back this week to see if they are still there.
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
Got a four grain for $76.99 today from my regular shop. They called a sazerac rep to get just one for me. I'm very lucky!
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
aggiemike89 said:

Ringo88 said:

I actually saw two bottles of the 10-year old Rye at a store in the wild on Saturday. Had the wife with me so I couldn't pull the trigger as I have too many bottles in the bunker now. Will have to go back this week to see if they are still there.
aggiemike89
AG
I'll text you tomorrow plowboy. I don't think I can make it by there this week. Maybe you can go score them for us.
First Page Last Page
Page 239 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.