Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,833,757 Views | 38366 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by rca21978
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone seen EHT four grain in TX? I haven't been hunting in a while and don't plan on it, but I really want one of these!
tx4guns
AG
Not yet. Good luck. I'd save gas money and just buy at secondary.
aggiemike89
AG
I was told that only bars in Texas were getting it but I was also told that same s**t when Seasoned Wood came out and I know some guys that scored a bottle. You don't know who to believe.
Post removed:
by user
FlyFish95
Found me a bottle of 1920 last week.
schmellba99
AG
cjaetzold said:

Dickel 12 yr ... Tennessee whiskey, so not technically bourbon, but delicious nonetheless. And a steal IMO at $35-ish for a handle.
I bought a spec's store pick Dickel a while back. Not going to lie - it was phenomenal to me. Wish I had picked up another couple of bottles.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Did you get a "Barrel Select" (more commonly available) or one of the special 9 or 14 yr barrel proof store picks? I grabbed a 14 yr from Goody Goody about 5 years ago and it was a dandy. I also recently tracked down a couple of bottles of their 17 y/o special reserve on the secondary ... one of the best whiskeys I've ever had.
AlaskanAg99
AG
third coast.. said:

Anyone interested in gifted horse for$50? Plus shipping if I don't get back to tx this week, which I think I should

Yes.
Post removed:
by user
AlaskanAg99
AG
Booooooooooo.

But I get it. My phone was dead all day and I saw this 6hrs late. Booooooooooo to me.
RenoAg
AlaskanAg99 said:

Booooooooooo.

But I get it. My phone was dead all day and I saw this 6hrs late. Booooooooooo to me.

I've never heard a single person speak positively about Gifted Horse. Unless you just wanted a $50 decorative bottle you probably lucked out here!
schmellba99
AG
One of the store picks, 9 year old.

I have a barrel select too, but havent opened it.
AlaskanAg99
AG
RenoAg said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Booooooooooo.

I've never heard a single person speak positively about Gifted Horse. Unless you just wanted a $50 decorative bottle you probably lucked out here!

I've never had any of the Orphan Barrels, figured this would be a place to start.
tx4guns
AG
You're not missing anything.

Quote:

I've never had any of the Orphan Barrels, figured this would be a place to start.
AlaskanAg99
AG
tx4guns said:

You're not missing anything.

Quote:

None are any good? Or just the lowest Gifted Horse?
BeardofZeus01
AG
I've had Barterhouse, Whoop & Holler and Rhetoric 20 & 22. all were good pours but not worth what secondary wants for them now. I haven't heard much positive about Gifted Horse or Forged Oak and the reviews are mixed on the rest of the bottles. Most folks seem upset that Diaego is trying to capitalize on the bourbon craze with "lost" older barrels of bourbon that aren't worth what they're asking for them.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Well crap. Hey, thanks for saving me $$$.
Daytona22
AG
You mean that the scratch and sniff label that smells like saddle leather isn't worth at least $10? Gifted horse to me isn't bad but not the best by any means. My favorite OB is probably Lost Prophet.
Fall92
AG
High West- are any of them good? Aside from MWND.
Wheatables02
AG
Fall92 said:

High West- are any of them good? Aside from MWND

Yippee Kay Aye
the dude10
AG
Fall92 said:

I really enjoy the rendezvous rye as well as the double rye
Fall92
AG
Thanks.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Fall92 said:

I'm a pretty big High West fan. MWND is the bomb, and Bourye is probably my second favorite.
FriedTex
AG
I liked Campfire - interesting blend of scotch and bourbon
Stan Crowch
AG
Came across an EC 18 on the shelf for $299 if anyone is interested.
EnronAg
AG
Think I prolly overpaid, but wanted to see what the average price for Blanton's on the shelf runs. Paid $70...Kim's Liquor on Yale and 26th in the heights has another bottle behind the counter if anyone else is interested...
Credible Source
AG
EnronAg said:

Think I prolly overpaid, but wanted to see what the average price for Blanton's on the shelf runs. Paid $70...Kim's Liquor on Yale and 26th in the heights has another bottle behind the counter if anyone else is interested...

That's over retail but I usually pay about 60 and change
Fall92
AG
I picked up one yesterday for $69. Most I've ever paid for Blanton's. Same place had another ECBP for $95.
SuperAg05
AG
I've seen Blanton's in the low 50's at Total Wine. I bought in the low 60's at a local place and felt fine about it. $70 is probably pushing it, but not crazy. I wouldn't go any further over that.
AlaskanAg99
AG
A small independent keep it on the shelf for $62. I thought before he had it closer to $55. It's slowly creeping up.
bonfiresmoke
SuperAg05 said:

I've seen Blanton's in the low 50's at Total Wine. I bought in the low 60's at a local place and felt fine about it. $70 is probably pushing it, but not crazy. I wouldn't go any further over that.
I have been buying it in Louisiana for $52 to $58.
Fall92
AG
Saw a Basil Hayden's Rye yesterday. Any good?
bevokilla
AG
Fall92 said:

Saw a Basil Hayden's Rye yesterday. Any good?
Curious about this as well
WALTON LOADS!
AG
bonfiresmoke said:

SuperAg05 said:

I have been buying it in Louisiana for $52 to $58.
Where in LA? I've been to a few places in Lake Charles and haven't found it yet.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
No. In fact the answer to any question that starts with "Is Basil Hayden...good" the answer is always no.

HTH
First Page Last Page
Page 238 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.