Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,748,075 Views | 37521 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by tu ag
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No. No, I do not.
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
third coast.. said:

Damn. I guess I just need a larger vat
Ha!

I think the most I would pay for that bottle or any bottle that old would be $500. The more I drink, the more I appreciate the cheaper bourbons i.e from JW Dant, to EW BIB, up to the $50 price point.
AlaskanAg99
AG
What are some common 12 yr bourbons?

Weller 12, seasonal in Fall
EC12, discontinued
Very Special Old Fitz 12, way discontinued

Anything commonly available?
BeardofZeus01
AG
Dickel 12 yr ... Tennessee whiskey, so not technically bourbon, but delicious nonetheless. And a steal IMO at $35-ish for a handle.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ok, will have to try that. The 12's have vanished. Such a shame.
BeardofZeus01
AG
I think the 10-15 y/o's started to become a thing of the past when people started paying 200-300% more for new to market bourbons that had no pedigree and were lucky to get 4 years in a barrel. I completely agree with you, such a shame to see the well aged, well priced offerings go away. Curious to hear your thoughts on the Dickel if you decide to pick some up.
John Francis Donaghy
AlaskanAg99 said:

What are some common 12 yr bourbons?

Weller 12, seasonal in Fall
EC12, discontinued
Very Special Old Fitz 12, way discontinued

Anything commonly available?

Ezra Brooks used to have a 12 Year Single Barrel version, I still have a little bit hanging around somewhere.

Old Ezra used to be a 15 year bourbon that came in a wooden box, current bottlings are 7 year.
John Francis Donaghy
Wheatables02 said:

third coast.. said:

Damn. I guess I just need a larger vat
Ha!

I think the most I would pay for that bottle or any bottle that old would be $500. The more I drink, the more I appreciate the cheaper bourbons i.e from JW Dant, to EW BIB, up to the $50 price point.

Welcome to the party! I used to be a Buffalo Trace fanboy to the bone. But as their stuff got more and more expensive and harder and harder to find, I started gravitating to Heaven Hill stuff. It's good stuff, reasonably priced, and readily available everywhere. EW BiB is my go-to these days, and Elijah Craig and Larceny are every bit as good as Eagle Rare and Weller.
AlaskanAg99
AG
ER10 isn't hard to find now, is it?
John Francis Donaghy
It was for a while. I think its more readily available again now, but I got tired of having to ask for it, and just started buyong Elijah Craig instead, and never really went back to it.
AlaskanAg99
AG
It's been a long time since I had ER10. Sipping an EC12 and watching Jaws. My drinkers (I do more homebrew than bourbon) is EC12, W12, ETL. I have some mega whales from my days in the early oughts. But those are unaffordable or unfindable anymore. I miss the days of $45 Pappy15.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
EC12 spotting A are getting few and far between, as it's been discontinued in favor of the small batch.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

EC12 spotting A are getting few and far between, as it's been discontinued in favor of the small batch.

Yup, I'm aware. Just met with Reno and bought his bottle. He 's a great guy.
TylerAg98
AG
Just picked up my first bottle of ER 10 yr and I am very impressed. Super smooth with a nice, almost sweet flavor. I've been drinking Canadian for years and recently decided to try bourbon again after having a horrible experience once. I've enjoyed some of the Canadians aged in bourbon oak barrels.
Farmer1906
AG

I'd say today was a good day.
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
Very nice day
aggiemike89
AG
Try a Henry McKenna 10 yr BIB. It's a good pour that's reasonably priced.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Congrats! Picked up a random barrel proof yesterday at total wine, but I've never seen the 18 year anywhere.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
Just cracked an OF1920 and Johnny Walker Green for Easter tomorrow. Good whiskies.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Finally got around to opening a bottle of OF1920 I picked up awhile back. It was reallly good
Fall92
AG
Picked up an ECBp at this crap hole neighborhood liquor store I'd never gone too before. Big mistake- loaded w good stuff. Apparently missed a WLW by 2 hours too. SMH.
jh0400
AG
I was looking at the OFs at Specs the other day but couldn't decide between the 1920 and the BiB. Any suggestions?
tx4guns
AG
1920. Not even close.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Thanks!
RenoAg
tx4guns said:

1920. Not even close.

Co-sign
plowboy1065
S
Email me at username @ gmail
RenoAg
Wasn't initially that impressed with the Old Charter 10. But after a few more pours have come to appreciate it for what it is - it's a good easy sipper. I even cracked open an old OC7 and it ain't bad. Neither are complex or have much spice or punch. Just smooth slightly sweet low proof sippin. I recommend a try.
Credible Source
AG
I hate to break it to you guys, but all of this is for not. I just saw on tv that Jim Beam Black is the worlds highest rated Bourbon.
John Francis Donaghy
Carl Hungus said:

I hate to break it to you guys, but all of this is for not. I just saw on tv that Jim Beam Black is the worlds highest rated Bourbon.

Son of a *****! I saw a bottle just last week and left it on the shelf like a friggin moron!
Credible Source
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Carl Hungus said:

Son of a *****! I saw a bottle just last week and left it on the shelf like a friggin moron!

Jesus man, the worlds highest rated Bourbon would pull at least 3k secondary. Flog yourself.
Ezra Brooks
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Carl Hungus said:

You'll be ok - I think the next allocation comes out tommorrow
First Page Last Page
Page 237 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.