Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,857,557 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ryeguy
plowboy1065
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Wow, secondary prices?
TGoll09
AG
April fools?
Wheatables02
AG
TGoll09 said:

April fools?

Yep
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
This thread certainly has its highs and lows.

Question: do any of you have a home bar? Need to get one built... I have wet bar connections in my man cave and I need to make it happen...
Post removed:
by user
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
You were out in Galveston right? Where ya headed?
Post removed:
by user
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ha - welcome to the clear lake burbs!
Post removed:
by user
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Dang. Well when ya get back we can drink stuff...
Post removed:
by user
Señor Chang
AG
I repurposed my dining room into a bar. It's great for entertaining. My wife knew before we got married that it wasn't going anywhere.
AlaskanAg99
AG
RenoAg said:

Fell asleep last night. Just remembered. I checked my bunker and indeed I have a front of the bottle age stated EC12 I would be willing to part with. 750 ml. From 2013 if I read the bottom of the bottle right. Even has the tag with it. Lemme know if you want it and we can work out the rest. I know you aren't a flipper so you can have it at my cost. Still has the $29.99 sticker on it.

Yeah I'll take it. Sort of on the wagon at the moment while I drop 45lbs. Stopped brewing for 6 months, but I also need that time to get the rest of my hardware fully functional. I went cheap on a glycol pump and it cost me a very expensive batch of beer.

Wife is now enjoying bourbon so it's easier to sell buying bottles.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Ezra Brooks
AG
More details about this please
Wheatables02
AG
Holy ****e!
plowboy1065
S
Good Lord!
RenoAg
VWFRR only? Didn't see a single bottle of actual Pappy. Way to hang out with losers. LOL.

I really hope you appreciated that Very Old Fitzgerald. Pretty sure that bottle alone is a few thousand if it were still unopened. I actually really enjoy the flavor of SW juice from the more recent (relatively speaking) shelf turds. Incredible flavor. I can't justify the kind of money to get VOF or VVOF. Afraid I'll never try those.
tx4guns
AG
You're welcome for the hookup.
Post removed:
by user
Daytona22
AG
Wow. That's incredible.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Habanero Guero
AG
Found quite a bit of Weller Special Reserve at Specs. I know it's one of the popular Buffalo trace brands.. worth stocking up or is it fairly common? About $22 a 750ml
Buck Compton
AG
Texas Tau Ag17 said:

Found quite a bit of Weller Special Reserve at Specs. I know it's one of the popular Buffalo trace brands.. worth stocking up or is it fairly common? About $22 a 750ml
Nothing special about it at all. They recently re-labeled it.
Habanero Guero
AG
Thanks! Good thing I didn't go for it then haha
rshackelford
AG
Mostly into scotch, but wanting to possibly pick up a nice high proof/barrel strength, affordable, readily available bourbon. How does wild turkey rare breed compare to say...bookers? I've read reviews and such but interested in opinions on here. What are some others I should look into. Under $50 please
HouseDivided06
AG
Not a huge fan of Rare Breed personally. If you can, I'd say get Noah's Mill (usually $45 or so and definitely higher proof and amazing) or if you want to go just over $50, Russell's Reserve 10 Year Single Barrell would be about $55 and is higher proof and very smooth. Also usually easier to find than Noah's Mill.
John Francis Donaghy
rshackelford said:

Mostly into scotch, but wanting to possibly pick up a nice high proof/barrel strength, affordable, readily available bourbon. How does wild turkey rare breed compare to say...bookers? I've read reviews and such but interested in opinions on here. What are some others I should look into. Under $50 please

I would definitely take Bookers over Rare Breed. Another good option is Colonel EH Taylor Barrel Proof. Also Makers Cask Strangth is a nice pour, and I am not a fan of regular Makers at all.

Depending on where you live, things like Stagg Jr. And Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, might be able to be found with a few phone calls. They are both fantastic.

All of these should be in the $50- $60 range, except maybe the EH Taylor, that one might be a little more.
tx4guns
AG
I'd get OF1920 over Rare Breed. Booker's is still tops.
rshackelford
AG
Here in good ol college station btw. I never see stagg at any of our shops
jah003
S
Total Wine Lakeline in Austin has Blantons and both sizes of Eagle Rare if you're into that sort of thing...
Ringo88
AG
Van Winkle 25 dropped in Georgia today.
All 11 retail bottles of it. The rest of the state allocation went to restaurants.
tx4guns
AG
Over under on auction prices? I'm gonna guess $6k.
First Page Last Page
Page 236 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.