Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,752,783 Views | 37589 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by SydB92
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
where are you located?
the dude10
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

I have a bottle of 15 year. He can have it for $10,000.

Haha even I had to blue star that one. I told my friend I could get him something that I like much better and is way cheaper than Pappy but this is one of those guys that has a hard on for that name.

Ducks, I am in the Austin area.
BeardofZeus01
AG
def buy from an Ag on here if you can, but the secondary market is flush with any Pappy you want when you don't have a budget. I peruse BottleSpot from time to time and have made a few successful transactions off it.
Post removed:
by user
bonfiresmoke
third coast.. said:

Revisiting this one.

I have a few put back plus three handles of the 12 year old. Love the 12 yr.
Post removed:
by user
Buck Compton
AG
Had an E.H. Taylor, EC18, and W12 at a bar in Houston tonight. Thanks work!
CrottyKid
AG
TBomb06 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

https://instagr.am/p/BPvXIeABI3p

Anyone know anything on these bottles?

Johnny Drum and Pure Kentucky are both ok for $30 bottles. I haven't seen Johnny Drum for sale in TX but Pure Kentucky is usually pretty easy to find...or at least it used to be...

Just grabbed a Johnny Drum at my local spot in Lexington, KY. It can be hard to find here too. Good for normal days when you want a drink but don't want to break out the good stuff. Pretty dang smooth for 101 proof.
dummble
AG
Ok this is a jerk post and I am already sad for writing it.

I picked up an extra ETL and wanted to trade it. But I am not sure how to go about it or what to look for. When I trade beer, most of the whalz I get i trade $4$ with someone from another city. Rarity is a weird thing to quantify as a cost add. I think I would be fine trading for a shelfy that cost more but then I would feel bad. And I am not sure what other semi hard to find bourbons are $40.

Any advice? I will change to a sock to do the actual trade and we can pretend my anonymity
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
I'll trade you a Blantons for it
Fall92
AG
What about a trade for some Weller 12 and $$? In Houston.
FriedTex
AG
I think the trade I made here represents what you are looking for - ETL for Rebell Yell 10 yr. similar price point, difference is scarcity and preference - ETL is a fine pour but I prefer Rebell Yell 10 personally - so trade is made
dummble
AG
how much is two $?

Don't answer that.

Would a ECBP be an equal trade since it is something I am looking for and should cost the same?
Post removed:
by user
claybot
AG
dummble said:

how much is two $?

Don't answer that.

Would a ECBP be an equal trade since it is something I am looking for and should cost the same?
I have a buddy with an ECBP that would trade it for your ETL.
bonfiresmoke
Whiskey Charlies in CS at Tower Point has one bottle of Blantons for 64.00.
LGAggie
AG
There were at least 2 bottles when I was there around 4.

I finally found a bottle of Eagle Rare. Poured some tonight. It was pretty good for the price but I think I'd prefer a good beer or mixed drink over sipping ER.
Brad_97
AG
claybot said:

dummble said:

how much is two $?

Don't answer that.

I have a buddy with an ECBP that would trade it for your ETL.
If your buddy wanted to do that x2 I'd trade a '16 ETL for an ECBP after dummble gets his shot first.
frog_killer
AG
is there anyway we can get an acronym cheat sheet? I'm trying to follow along but there are some of these y'all use I can't decipher or haven't heard of.

Thanks in advance!
tx4guns
AG
Here's a couple links with acronyms:

https://whiskeyid.com/abbreviation-glossary/

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1smJfhOgp-ObOZ0Va1a3QeWDqVxmFdqO-RnKZe5ap83c/edit?usp=sharing
Mr jones
This is claybots friend. Already going to trade 1 ECBP but might be able to get more. Will let you know later today
bonfiresmoke
LGAggie said:

There were at least 2 bottles when I was there around 4.

I finally found a bottle of Eagle Rare. Poured some tonight. It was pretty good for the price but I think I'd prefer a good beer or mixed drink over sipping ER.
I bought one of them.
Post removed:
by user
LGAggie
AG
Nice!
RenoAg
ORVW. Delicious. Not quite worth the $300 secondary price. But delicious nonetheless. Drink on my Texags bourbon bros. Drink on.
Silver Arrows
AG

First time posting in this thread. Got a chance to try the 12 and 15 for free at a sampling event here in Denver. I enjoyed the 15 the most but not sure if I would ever pay over retail for either. Still really grateful for the experience and picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare Single Barrel on the way out the door.
RenoAg
If this Super Bowl gets to OT at 28-28 I'm winning a 2016 Michters 20. C'mon you Pats!!
Mr jones
Congrats on the m20
RenoAg
The bourbon gods have shone on my lucky backside tonight!! Woohoo!!
plowboy1065
S
RenoAg said:

If this Super Bowl gets to OT at 28-28 I'm winning a 2016 Michters 20. C'mon you Pats!!

Who would have ever thought that was even a chance? First time in history for OT in a Super Bowl and you had the numbers. Congrats
Wheatables02
AG
RenoAg said:

The bourbon gods have shone on my lucky backside tonight!! Woohoo!!

Congrats! Was this from Fb group? Had Atlanta scored a td in the 4th i would have won 5 bottles out of 9
RenoAg
Indeed.
RenoAg
The score at the end of 4 quarters was the only score that mattered for the bottle. I thought an 8 and 8 were terrible numbers for squares.

In a totally separate deal - Pats winning the game by more than 3 might have been slightly beneficial for me too.

Both seemed very highly unlikely after 3 quarters.
Daytona22
AG
That's awesome! Congrats. I ended up winning a 2014 GTS and 16 ORVW last night. Almost had a chance at winning the elusive WLW whale in the second quarter. Alas, I still don't have that one. Fun game!
First Page Last Page
Page 219 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.