Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,839,058 Views | 38430 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by AgCzar
Alr3111
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
plowboy - can I get an invite to the facebook group

email arusso3111 at gmail.com
plowboy1065
S
Yes sir will get it sent over when I get back to my office
Alr3111
AggieLaw2010
AG
Anyone know where to get Old Forester 1920 Prohibition in The Woodlands/Spring, TX area?

TIA
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
Goody Goody should have some
Chipotlemonger
AG
Night cap with some Belle Meade 10 yr.
Buck Compton
AG
AggieLaw2010 said:

Anyone know where to get Old Forester 1920 Prohibition in The Woodlands/Spring, TX area?

TIA
It's generally on the shelf at Spec's, Total Wine, etc. I picked up a few bottles. One of my favorite pours to try lately.
Credible Source
AG
Man, I've never ventured over to this board and this is the first thread I saw, love it. I'm a big time Bourbon dork, and I'll be reading this whole thread. Sipping on Blantons right now, and picked up a few Weller 12s and Thomas handy this week.
Wheatables02
AG
Where did you find the 10? All i have is the 9.
jsn1986
AG
AggieLaw2010 said:

TIA
Abe at Wooldands Liquor on College Park between the HS and 45 has it. Plus he's a good guy.
dummble
AG
I just bought a bottle of 1920 at Total Wine 1960/249. Best price in town too at $49.99.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Where did you find the 10? All i have is the 9.

I live in Nashville and a few of the local stores had barrel picks of the 10 year. Both of my bottles have been from the same store/barrel. Haven't opened the 2nd one yet.
mts6175
AG
Someone mind sending me an invite to the FB group?

mts6175 at gmail
Farmer1906
AG
Picked up 2 bottles of Stagg Jr at Goody Goody.
BQRyno
AG
mts6175 said:

Someone mind sending me an invite to the FB group?

mts6175 at gmail
I don't think I've seen what the facebook group is, but if it's related to this thread at all....

RMSalch at gmail
boogieman
AG
I'd like an invite as well, please.

boogieman03 at hotmail
Robert C. Christian
AG
For those of us who don't know, what is the difference between the FB group and this thread?
aggiemike89
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Man, I've never ventured over to this board and this is the first thread I saw, love it. I'm a big time Bourbon dork, and I'll be reading this whole thread. Sipping on Blantons right now, and picked up a few Weller 12s and Thomas handy this week.
That's going to be a lot of reading. There's some great info in there.
FriedTex
AG
FrioAg said:

For those of us who don't know, what is the difference between the FB group and this thread?

It's a C+S or trade group. You'll get run out of town for trying to sell Pappy 23 for 1600 bucks there
BQRyno
AG
FriedTex said:

FrioAg said:

It's a C+S or trade group. You'll get run out of town for trying to sell Pappy 23 for 1600 bucks there
Legit. So basically just for stuff that's only available regionally or just hard to get a hold of. Definitely would like to get in.
RenoAg
Damn. Wish I'd read this earlier. Just bought a bottle of 1920 at goody goody on woodway and voss. $60. That total wine would have been easy enough for me to get to. Oh well I got the bottle i wanted. Ten bucks ain't the end of the world. Fyi for anyone that cares they have an Angels Envy Cask Strength in there at the goody goody for $167.
FriedTex
AG
RenoAg said:

Damn. Wish I'd read this earlier. Just bought a bottle of 1920 at goody goody on woodway and voss. $60. That total wine would have been easy enough for me to get to. Oh well I got the bottle i wanted. Ten bucks ain't the end of the world. Fyi for anyone that cares they have an Angels Envy Cask Strength in there at the goody goody for $167.

I think that is less than MSRP, you can decide if it's still worth that or not
YouBet
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Reading the start of this thread will be like seeing "remember when" pictures on FB showing gas prices from the 80s.

On a separate note, I was hanging out with my bil on super bowl and at some point he looked up at me and said:
Him: "Remember when I gave you that OFBB for Christmas?"
Me: "Yes."
Him: "I wish I had kept that."
aggiemike89
AG
I went back and looked thru about 8-10 pages. It was pretty awesome. ORVW at specs for a month or two. People trading Pappy 20.
plowboy1065
S
Anyone that would like to join the FB page shoot me an email at username @ gmail and I will get you added. Been slacking on that lately and I'm sorry
TexAgg2004
AG
Has anyone tried the Parkers Heritage 24 year?
Farmer1906
AG
This Stagg Jr is putting hair on my chest hair. I enjoy a little heat, but this is a little over the top.
Ringo88
AG
It's feels almost irreverent at this point to say anything negative about Parker Beam products after all he did for the bourbon world, but the 24 year bottle released this past Fall is universally panned as being too long in the oak...by a lot. At a large Atlanta whiskey event, there wasn't a single person I saw who didn't make a curious face or frown when they tried it, myself included. The sales rep simply acknowledged with "Yeah....here, try this ECBP. You'll prefer it."
TexAgg2004
AG
Thanks for the info. My local guy pulled out a bottle when I stopped in last night. Sounds like it will be a pass.
Ringo88
AG
You're welcome. It kills me to give negative feedback on it, and a lot of the bottles in that collection have been either fantastic or at least very interesting. The universal sentiment is that this one is not, most especially at the price point.
K Bo
AG
Wife and I are making some changes in our lives and I need to significantly thin my whisk(e)y/bourbon "collection". I hate to see any of these go but in reality they just sit and take up space. These days if I reach for a bottle it's just old trusty OGD BiB, EC12, or EW White to mix. Looking for suggestions on what to do with these bottles and/or if you have (or know someone that has) interest shoot me a PM or email at kevinwboyer at gmail dot com.

Post removed:
by user
jh0400
AG
I'll take the Stagg Jr off of your hands.
tx4guns
AG
I want the Booker's 25th.
First Page Last Page
Page 220 of 1099

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.