Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,866,191 Views | 38667 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by srob2004
FriedTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bookers might be overpriced but it does the job #drunkpost
jh0400
AG
I had a pour from a bottle of Weller 107 that I've been sitting on for a while. It was ok but not something I'd ever consider hoarding. Is there something I'm missing?
RenoAg
You've pretty much pegged it right. Crazy bourbon world is the only reason some might sit on it.
RenoAg
My lineup tonight: mid/late 2000s ORVW 107 proof. CEHT Barrel Proof 127.5 edition. Then 2014 Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition- sadly this might be my last pours of this bottle as there is not much left. Most prefer the 2013 or 2015. I think the 2014 was fantastic.

Drink on gentlemen. Drink on.
Farmer1906
AG
jh0400 said:

I had a pour from a bottle of Weller 107 that I've been sitting on for a while. It was ok but not something I'd ever consider hoarding. Is there something I'm missing?

That's the secret ingredient to PMP
jh0400
AG
aggie1906 said:

jh0400 said:

That's the secret ingredient to PMP

It was leftover from the batch of PMP I made a couple of years ago.
Farmer1906
AG
I need to get around to making a batch. I have 12 but I haven't exactly been looking for 107.
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
third coast.. said:

You don't have to look for it cause it's everywhere in Houston

I know. We've been over it.
Post removed:
by user
BQRyno
AG
third coast.. said:

You don't have to look for it cause it's everywhere in Houston

Any tips about exactly where? Haven't seen it at my normal stops on the southwest side.
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
That cake... mmm.....
Post removed:
by user
Robert C. Christian
AG
Need to skip the next bourbon purchase and buy a camera that has better quality than a potato.

Looks like a good night though!
Post removed:
by user
Fall92
AG
Ships.
GIF Reactor
AG
Without reading all 200+ pages here, can someone point a bourbon newbie in the right direction? We mainly like scotch; Balvenie, Glenlivet, tomintoull, etc. Don't want to spend a ton, just get a nice bottle to have a night cap every now and then. Thanks.
jh0400
AG
Electrical_Ag said:

Without reading all 200+ pages here, can someone point a bourbon newbie in the right direction? We mainly like scotch; Balvenie, Glenlivet, tomintoull, etc. Don't want to spend a ton, just get a nice bottle to have a night cap every now and then. Thanks.

Belle Meade has a line of cask-finished bourbons. I believe there is a Sherry, a Cognac, and a Madeira. They're on the high side for bourbon but reasonable if you're used to buying Scotch (~$80).
Chipotlemonger
AG
What jh0400 said. Great bourbons if you have access to them.

Madeira is the newest one. The 9 year is great, and they recently did a release of some 10 year bottles. Bunkered an extra one of those because I like it so much. Check out the sherry and cognac...I've sampled both but can't recall which I preferred if either.
plowboy1065
S
Electrical_Ag said:

Sorry, initiation into this fraternity is mandatory reading of every age and a test at the end
Wheatables02
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Electrical_Ag said:

Sorry, initiation into this fraternity is mandatory reading of every age and a test at the end

True. I did that and the addiction to collecting and sampling only grew.
FriedTex
AG
High West Campire might be a good bridge into bourbon for you as it is a blend of scotch and bourbon. I think it's pretty good and not too pricey
Wheatables02
AG
Since I spent the last two nights working and looking at what you all were drinking, Cheers to tonight. Started with SAOS SB 11 Year 43 percent, Blanton's Gold, now onto Belle Meade 9 Year Single Barrel Cask Strength.

Don't really care for my Blanton's Gold or Blanton's SR. Both open since 12/28/16 and have about 5 oz missing from each. Anyone in DFW want to trade? I value them together and opened at $135 together.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Wheat, let us know what you think about the Belle Meade. I picked up a bottle awhile back but haven't cracked it yet.
Wheatables02
AG
I think its fantastic for the Specs cash price of $65. ECBP is better, but this is a close one. I describe it as ECBP mixed with OF 1920.
Chipotlemonger
AG
cjaetzold said:

Wheat, let us know what you think about the Belle Meade. I picked up a bottle awhile back but haven't cracked it yet.
You got a 9-year or their stock offering bourbon?
Ringo88
AG
Belle Meade Sherry finish 9 year-old is one of my favorite daily pours; it was also the most popular blind pour at a sit-down bourbon-tasting event for 105 people I hosted this summer in Louisville. Range of $65-$80/ bottle depending on the store. The price point makes it often overlooked, but I'd recommend it over a lot of other popular names.
Nashville-based Nelson Greenbrier Distillery; the present-day Nelson brothers are great guys, and the way-back family story is very intriguing.
BeardofZeus01
AG
The 9 yr Single Barrel. 56.5%. Is that different than what Wheat is referring to? Thought I paid about $60 at Specs also ...
Chipotlemonger
AG
My bad I didn't see that the original reference was to the 9-yr one. Y'all have the same thing then!
Wheatables02
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

My bad I didn't see that the original reference was to the 9-yr one. Y'all have the same thing then!

It's a single barrel cask strength of the sour mash, aged 9 years. I think mine is 56.5. There are 10 years in other states that I would love to try.
the dude10
AG
Warning! Post contains the word Pappy!

I haven't signed up to the facebook group yet but have a question/request. An Aggie buddy of mine has an executive at his company who is looking for Pappy. He doesn't care which year he just wants it to say Pappy. He doesn't care about the cost vs value that we often talk about here. He is willing to pay secondary prices if any of you are looking to unload a bottle or can point me in the direction of one. I would be willing to run the deal through me or you can deal with the buyer directly. Thanks and gig em fellow bourbon drinkers!
AlaskanAg99
AG
I have a bottle of 15 year. He can have it for $10,000.
First Page Last Page
Page 218 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.