Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,847,998 Views | 38482 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by Icecream_Ag
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggie1906 said:

Jock 07 said:

And speaking of weller, is 12 even still made? Haven't seen that **** in well over a year.
It was everywhere for about a week about 2 months ago. They didn't last long.
Well **** me, Not in Nebraska
Farmer1906
AG
Jock 07 said:

aggie1906 said:

Jock 07 said:

And speaking of weller, is 12 even still made? Haven't seen that **** in well over a year.
I have an unopened handle. Have anything worth trading?
Post removed:
by user
Buck Compton
AG
Buck Compton said:

Never tried any of the Old Forrester. Anyone have any opinions on the 1870 or 1920?
Quoting for the new page.
Post removed:
by user
Jock 07
AG
aggie1906 said:

Jock 07 said:

aggie1906 said:

Jock 07 said:

I have an unopened handle. Have anything worth trading?
Not really, just ~ 1/4 bottle left that I'd like to replace
RenoAg
third coast.. said:

well, the 2016 will be opened when my daughter is 21, it will be MUCH more dusty then. and even if you just procured it, the appreciation is still there!

i also still have a 2015 that i havent opened yet. no idea if/when i will.

I'm assuming you haven't tried it anywhere yet. I'll let you have a pour/sample of my 2015. Had a couple pours out of it but haven't gone back to it in several months. It isn't bad. I just prefer so many other bottles over it. You can figure out if you want to open it after tasting it.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
Buck Compton said:

Buck Compton said:

Never tried any of the Old Forrester. Anyone have any opinions on the 1870 or 1920?

I had a pour of 1920 out of a bottle AlaskanAg had one Saturday morning a few months ago. It hit my palate well so I highly recommend it if you see it on a shelf at a reasonable price. Haven't tried the 1870.
RenoAg
third coast.. said:

sounds good. im also still sitting on that BR. I cant mae myself open it.

Nectar of the gods bro.
Buck Compton
AG
RenoAg said:

Buck Compton said:

Buck Compton said:

I had a pour of 1920 out of a bottle AlaskanAg had one Saturday morning a few months ago. It hit my palate well so I highly recommend it if you see it on a shelf at a reasonable price. Haven't tried the 1870.
Saw one of each on the shelf for retail, I'll pick one of each tomorrow and report back.

Eagle Rare 10 and a 4R store pick were tonight's menu.
plowboy1065
S
I really like the 1920 and recently bought one for a client who was getting into bourbon. He text me yesterday to tell me he had his first drink and appreciated me picking it out for him.

On another note, I picked up a 1792 Full Proof WB Liquors store pick this week and it's some good juice for the price.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I finally found a ECBP in the wild. 136.

That's all I've seen of any note in months.
plowboy1065
S
AlaskanAg99 said:

I really like ECBP but not for $136
Ducks4brkfast
AG
plowboy1065 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

I really like ECBP but not for $136

But how about at 136 proof?
AlaskanAg99
AG
Yes, 136 proof for $62 I think.
plowboy1065
S
AlaskanAg99 said:

Yes, 136 proof for $62 I think.

Well that certainly changes everything
AgLiving06
plowboy1065 said:

I really like the 1920 and recently bought one for a client who was getting into bourbon. He text me yesterday to tell me he had his first drink and appreciated me picking it out for him.

On another note, I picked up a 1792 Full Proof WB Liquors store pick this week and it's some good juice for the price.

Bought some 1920 today at Spec's. very smooth pour. Could get into trouble drinking it.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
LGAggie
AG
Is 40 creek double barrel reserve with a buy if it's on the shelf?

Also, how good is garrison brothers? $65 good?
Wheatables02
AG
LGAggie said:

No and no.
RenoAg
Wheatables02 said:

LGAggie said:

No and no.

Garrison Brothers is quite possibly the worst thing I've ever drank. Just go get a can of corn, open it up, drain the juice and drink that juice. Cheaper and it'll taste better. But to each their own....
Fall92
AG
Just saw Evan Williams Single Barrell for $20. My $20 bourbon is Eagle Rare. Discuss. Not much out there today so picked up a Walking Stick and Four Roses Single Barrell to replenish the stock.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
RenoAg
plowboy1065 said:

I've heard mixed reviews on it. Please post your thoughts

On the Elliot's Select. Curiosity forced me to open it tonight. Two ways of looking at it. Is it good juice? Yes. It is a 14 years in the barrel OESK recipe. If you like OESK (and I do), you'll like this. But is it any better than a normal store pick OESK that is much easier to obtain and much cheaper? I can't honestly say that it is. So bottom line for me - good juice, poor value if that makes any sense. Much more of a marketing gimmick than anything else I would say. I much prefer their 2014 small batch limited edition. Comparing them because of their similar secondary values.
TGoll09
AG
For those in the DFW area, Taverna Rossa in Southlake has a very good bourbon selection. The wife and I went last night, and they had the following:
ORVW 10, Lot B, Thomas Handy, William Larue Weller, Black Maple Hill, Midwinter Nights Dram, Parker's Heritage 24, Elijah Craig 18, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Stagg Jr., EH Taylor Seasoned Wood, and the White whale itself, Booker's Rye.

I ended up going with the Seasoned Wood. $25 for a 2 oz. pour. I liked it a lot. I poured a glass of single barrel when I got home to conpare, and the seasoned wood was noticeably better.

Booker's Rye was $88. I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on it. Ryes aren't really my wheelhouse, and I just don't want to buy into the hype. I can't justify spending that much for one pour, when I can get an entire bottle of something good for the same price. Even worse, if it lived up to the hype, I'd just be pissed that I'll never be able to afford it.
Wheatables02
AG
TGoll09 said:

For those in the DFW area, Taverna Rossa in Southlake has a very good bourbon selection. The wife and I went last night, and they had the following:
ORVW 10, Lot B, Thomas Handy, William Larue Weller, Black Maple Hill, Midwinter Nights Dram, Parker's Heritage 24, Elijah Craig 18, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Stagg Jr., EH Taylor Seasoned Wood, and the White whale itself, Booker's Rye.

I ended up going with the Seasoned Wood. $25 for a 2 oz. pour. I liked it a lot. I poured a glass of single barrel when I got home to conpare, and the seasoned wood was noticeably better.

Booker's Rye was $88. I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on it. Ryes aren't really my wheelhouse, and I just don't want to buy into the hype. I can't justify spending that much for one pour, when I can get an entire bottle of something good for the same price. Even worse, if it lived up to the hype, I'd just be pissed that I'll never be able to afford it.

Any Idea how much wlw, lot b, or orvw were?
BeardofZeus01
AG
I asked about WLW a year-ish ago and I believe it was $56. For reference, I was there on Thurs, and the EC18 was on the bourbon menu for $33 ... I figure the WLW and Winkles are likely still in that $50+ range. Opted for a couple pints of Revolver instead. And I was surprised to see the Bookers Rye on the shelf but was too afraid to ask the price ... I figured it would have given me a heart attack.

They've got great pizza too IMO.
TGoll09
AG
Not sure on the WLW. I believe Handy was $40-45, so that's probably a decent reference point. $25-30 is pretty much where I draw the line. I asked on the Booker's Rye out of sheer curiosity, and I honestly was expecting $100+.
TGoll09
AG
I chatted with the managing partner for a few minutes, and she said they had a Knob Creek pick that they just sold out of, and that she also just talked to Whistlepig about a private barrel. I really wanted some Stagg, but it was gone already.
aggiemike89
AG
RenoAg said:

Wheatables02 said:

LGAggie said:

No and no.

Garrison Brothers is quite possibly the worst thing I've ever drank. Just go get a can of corn, open it up, drain the juice and drink that juice. Cheaper and it'll taste better. But to each their own....
I got the same thing out of the GB pours that I've had. Not sure if it's just the shear lack of age or if it's the mashbill. Does anyone know if they have plans for leaving some barrels to age longer? If they do leave some barrels to age, I hate to see the price tag on that offering.
Buck Compton
AG
Picked up the OF1920 yesterday as I mentioned. Very good, definitely doesn't feel like 115 proof, could get you in trouble pretty quickly. Nose is definitely a bit sweeter/fruity, then the oak hits you on the drink and it mellows out a bit. Will definitely drink again.

I also picked up a bottle of Rowan's Creek because I'd never had it. Will open it today, any reviews?
Wheatables02
AG
TGoll09 said:

Not sure on the WLW. I believe Handy was $40-45, so that's probably a decent reference point. $25-30 is pretty much where I draw the line. I asked on the Booker's Rye out of sheer curiosity, and I honestly was expecting $100+.
Thanks. Same here. The day I found WLW for $20 a pour I should have bought all 4 ounces left instead of just one.
RenoAg
Just bought a Whistlepig Boss Hog. 2 more there. Also had 4 bottles of Willett Rye. Much more reasonable in price. Got one of those too. Anybody tried the Boss Hog?
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 214 of 1100

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.