Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,855,682 Views | 38571 Replies | Last: 47 min ago by Aggie Therapist
LGAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks. I guess if I see a bottle in the $20s, I can't go wrong giving it a try. I'll use it to mix with if nothing else...
Farmer1906
AG
Finished up a bottle of Noah's. Now I'm happy/sad.
claybot
AG
Total Wine on 75/Park had a half dozen bottles earlier tonight. Rowan's Creek too.
Farmer1906
AG
I like Noah > Rowen, but both a great relatively easy finds.
HouseDivided06
AG
Been to a couple specs in the DFW area the last 10 days or so and haven't seen any Noah's Mill, Rebel Yell 10 year, or even Buffalo Trace. Frustrating.
plowboy1065
S
When you can't find BT you know the bourbon market has gotten stupid
Post removed:
by user
Buck Compton
AG
Yeah... I've seen multiple of each of those bottles at each store I've been in DFW. BT is everywhere.
HouseDivided06
AG
I agree that usually BT is most places but this last week/weekend I went to the Specs off 75 and Walnut Hill, the one at Walnut Hill and Forest, and the one in Plano and none of them had even the 750 ml bottles. It's crazy.
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BPYJI00gXxO

This stuff good?
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
Buy the OWA sitting behind it
BQRyno
AG
This thread makes me want to find a good liquor store. I usually just go to Specs nearby, but they never have any if the bottles y'all mention.
aggiemike89
AG
Anybody know what happened to the new bottles and labels that were supposed to come out this fall on the Weller products?
AlaskanAg99
AG
BQRyno said:

This thread makes me want to find a good liquor store. I usually just go to Specs nearby, but they never have any if the bottles y'all mention.

Most other liquor stores won't either. The high end stuff is allocated and kept behind the table.
BQRyno
AG
How does one make nice with a store owner/manager to get a hold of the good stuff?
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
third coast.. said:

BQRyno said:

How does one make nice with a store owner/manager to get a hold of the good stuff?

$$$$$$

You said so much without typing a word
BQRyno
AG
third coast.. said:

BQRyno said:

$$$$$$
So just chat, spend plenty of money on bourbon, and express interest in the good stuff?
plowboy1065
S
I would suggest being a really good customer and getting to know the owner. Don't go in with guns a blazing asking for Pappy. They will know right off the bat you're a newbie and have no clue about bourbon
Señor Chang
AG
That new Weller logo looks slick
FriedTex
AG
plowboy1065 said:

I would suggest being a really good customer and getting to know the owner. Don't go in with guns a blazing asking for Pappy. They will know right off the bat you're a newbie and have no clue about bourbon

I've had success with non-chain stores where I slowly build a relationship with owner and make sure to buy all of my beer/wine purchases there as well as bourbon.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TGoll09
AG
Total Wine in lewisville got a bunch of Noah's Mill in today if you're still looking for it
Post removed:
by user
Fall92
AG
Been looking for some OFBB. Willing to pay C&S anytime.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Yeah, and make sure you stop in regularly even if just to buy a 6 pack. I've done that with a local store and combined with buying all of my tailgate liquor from them they've sold me a Booker's Rye, 2 WLW, a GTS, and an ORVW this year. Granted it took me an entire year of frequenting before I was offered anything
Jock 07
AG
I'm sure it's been discussed in the past but what's y'all's thoughts on Noah's mill? I think it's pretty good with an ice cube to open it up a bit.
Jock 07
AG
And speaking of weller, is 12 even still made? Haven't seen that **** in well over a year.
Farmer1906
AG
Jock 07 said:

And speaking of weller, is 12 even still made? Haven't seen that **** in well over a year.
It was everywhere for about a week about 2 months ago. They didn't last long.
RenoAg
third coast.. said:

PIcked up my 2016 OFBB from renoag today who has been a solid hookup for me, especially while i have been away. great guy!

That's more on AlaskanAg. He told me where to find the bottle. That's 99% of the battle right there - finding it. Not an ofbb fan myself. I only bought it because I know how rare they are to see in the wild and figured one of you degenerates would want it. And worst case scenario if nobody wanted it I could easily flip it for max profitzz.

Just got a bottle of Elliot's Select. Haven't tried it before. Might have to open it this weekend.
Buck Compton
AG
Never tried any of the Old Forrester. Anyone have any opinions on the 1870 or 1920?
plowboy1065
S
I've heard mixed reviews on it. Please post your thoughts
First Page Last Page
Page 213 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.