Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,857,396 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 49 min ago by ryeguy
RenoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not their good stuff. 3yr cask strength. Only $41/bottle. But I don't see it around Houston much at all. Figured I'd give it a try at that price point.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
Have you tried it yet?
Post removed:
by user
bonfiresmoke
Fall92 said:

Just saw Evan Williams Single Barrell for $20. My $20 bourbon is Eagle Rare. Discuss. Not much out there today so picked up a Walking Stick and Four Roses Single Barrell to replenish the stock.
I have been drinking Evan Williams Single Barrel for years. For the price I do not think it is all that bad. I would actually say it is good+. I was in Arkansas recently and the liquor store there had bottles that were decanted just for them. They go to the distillery and select the barrels they want. The label then has the name of the liquor store on it as specially bottled for them. First time I had seen that.
Fall92
AG
Appreciate the reply. Will grab a bottle sometime then.
Brad_97
AG
Personal opinion but I liked ER much more than my first couple tries of the EW Single Barrel. So will depend on how your tastes shake out. If you like rye, give the Rittenhouse BIB a try. I'm a big fan for the price point and is similar in price to the other two.
schmellba99
AG
Fall92 said:

Just saw Evan Williams Single Barrell for $20. My $20 bourbon is Eagle Rare. Discuss. Not much out there today so picked up a Walking Stick and Four Roses Single Barrell to replenish the stock.
EWSB is a good drink. Every bottle I've had has been really smooth, and for an every day pour, it's definitely a good pick. My only complaint with it is that the finish kind of disappoints me - it just kind of vanishes to me.
Hulla Baller
AG
Howdy, I'm new to bourbon. I wanted to get some suggestions on what to start out with. Anybody have any suggestions?
htxag09
AG
Got a bottle of william larue weller today. I have a bottle so willing to part with it.
HouseDivided06
AG
Interested. How much are you looking to get for it?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Some of that depends on where you live.

Four Roses has some great, easily found offerings outside of their base stuff. I enjoyed the Single Barrel as a good mix of quality/price in what they have.

Rittenhouse Rye is pretty much the board go to for Old Fashions.
htxag09
AG
I'd be interested in a trade for '13 or '15 OFBB plus a little bit of cash.

Honestly not looking to flip it to make a lot of money. Just figured I'd recoup costs plus a little and let an ag get it for under market value. I was thinking $300.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
htxag09 said:

I'd be interested in a trade for '13 or '15 OFBB plus a little bit of cash.

Honestly not looking to flip it to make a lot of money. Just figured I'd recoup costs plus a little and let an ag get it for under market value. I was thinking $300.

Very fair
plowboy1065
S
I have a 15 OFBB. How much cash?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Hulla Baller
AG
I'm in the Houston area if that helps any.
Wheatables02
AG
htxag09 said:

Got a bottle of william larue weller today. I have a bottle so willing to part with it.

Dang if in dfw I would trade FRSMBLE 2016, ofbb 2016, fr elliotts, or some other stuff and cash if needed.
htxag09
AG
I'd do the OFBB and $175.
RenoAg
Cmon plowboy. Let the rooks have a bone.
plowboy1065
S
Ok I'm out! Please give Third Coast first shot
RenoAg
Lemme say - htxag09 is a good ag. For sure a more than fair price on this compared to normal secondary pricing. If nobody else had wanted it, I'd have met your price and offered the bottle up for an Htown Texags bourbon tasting. But I'd rather see one of these guys get their first BTAC.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
third coast.. said:

Indeed. Wasn't a big fan at first, I'll have to revisit it to give you a good opinion

Don't bother. Cracked mine open tonight. Not nasty. Just a whole lot of meh. Might not ever pour it again. Have too many other bottles I'd prefer over this. But at least I tried it. I think I'll follow this up with a small pour of Booker's Rye for that spectacular contrast!
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
Hulla Baller said:

Howdy, I'm new to bourbon. I wanted to get some suggestions on what to start out with. Anybody have any suggestions?

New to bourbon? Suggestions? Yeah. GTFO now or be prepared to spend way more money than think possible on booze whilst doing some irrational crap for that privilege.

My apologies if that didn't come across as welcoming. Ha! For real though - suggestions/advice: Try everything you can. Drink what you like, not what everyone says is good. Investing in an expensive pour at a bar instead of buying a high priced bottle is imo better than dropping big coin on a bottle you might find out you don't like after you open it.
htxag09
AG
I'm near the heights. I'm in no rush, will hold onto it until you get back to the states, not sure if you're already back or not.....
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
Reporting live from the NW side of Houston - Bookers Rye is still valuable as unicorn jizz and as tasty as the nectar of the gods. Beats a pour of Pappy and it ain't even close.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
Honestly not annoyed in the slightest. Happy to have passed it on since I didn't want it at the time. Turns out I ended up with 3 other bottles of it. 2 more I bought at retail in local stores. 1 I was blessed by the raffle gods that ultimately cost me much less than retail. So I have my half drank bottle and 2 more in my bunker. And a fellow ag bourbon buddy in Gtown with another bottle on top of that. A man has no right to complain in these circumstances. It's all good.

And I think it is found in chapter 1 of 2nd distilleries - thou shalt share thine bourbon with thine brothers. And it shall be a blessing for your days on the hunt.

Right there bro. Book, chapter and verse. Peace.
BQRyno
AG
RenoAg said:

Honestly not annoyed in the slightest. Happy to have passed it on since I didn't want it at the time. Turns out I ended up with 3 other bottles of it. 2 more I bought at retail in local stores. 1 I was blessed by the raffle gods that ultimately cost me much less than retail. So I have my half drank bottle and 2 more in my bunker. And a fellow ag bourbon buddy in Gtown with another bottle on top of that. A man has no right to complain in these circumstances. It's all good.
Jealous...
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 215 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.