Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,873,315 Views | 38762 Replies | Last: 53 sec ago by BQRyno
Fall92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Talk to me about Blade & Bow. I have a couple of friends who are into this bourbon but I thought I'd run it by here before I tried it.
FlyFish95
Blah.
RenoAg
malibuVLX said:

Wheatables02 said:

Going to try my 2014 George T Stagg sample!

I'll be cracking my sample open tonight as well! Glad it got to you too.

Then we will move on to Barrell Bourbon New Year, rebel yell, and OF1920 prohibition. Will be a good evening with friends.

How was that Barrell Bourbon New Year? Saw it tonight. Didn't know anything about it. Hadn't seen any reviews. Worth the $80 price I saw?
Wheatables02
AG
RenoAg said:

malibuVLX said:

Wheatables02 said:

Going to try my 2014 George T Stagg sample!

I'll be cracking my sample open tonight as well! Glad it got to you too.

Then we will move on to Barrell Bourbon New Year, rebel yell, and OF1920 prohibition. Will be a good evening with friends.

How was that Barrell Bourbon New Year? Saw it tonight. Didn't know anything about it. Hadn't seen any reviews. Worth the $80 price I saw?

I tried it at a lottery in a December. Thought it was good but not $80 good. I used my $80 on the 13 year Barrel Bourbon instead.
TGoll09
AG
Did a little successful bourbon hunting today on my day off. Picked up an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10, and an Elmer T. Lee. My liquor cabinet is spilling over into my gun closet!
Add these three to the Blanton's Gold I bought a couple days ago, and I'm starting 2017 broke! (But happy)
Farmer1906
AG
" little successful "

More like epic day.
tx4guns
AG
Nah, I call that "Wednesday". This was what I call epic last week... Amiright?

Ducks4brkfast
AG
MasterAggie
tx4guns
AG
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I see 2 of my bottles......YeeYeeYeeeee
Farmer1906
AG
Yall are *******s
Jrod05
AG
has anyone had the knobb creek limited edition 2001 batch 1?

I got it mainly cause I was bored gonna open it with some buddies since we graduated in 01. Just curious if it was a decent pick up
Daytona22
AG
I'd say it was good but not really worth the $80.
Farmer1906
AG
malibuVLX said:

I'd say it was good but not really worth the $80.
80? I see it for like 120-160ish
claybot
AG
Anybody tried Orphan Barrel Rhetoric? Saw a bottle for retail the other day. I was thinking of grabbing it but I've read mixed reviews ... some love it and some say it's a total disaster. I would really like to find some Lost Prophet as I hear that's the best of the bunch.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
claybot said:

Anybody tried Orphan Barrel Rhetoric? Saw a bottle for retail the other day. I was thinking of grabbing it but I've read mixed reviews ... some love it and some say it's a total disaster. I would really like to find some Lost Prophet as I hear that's the best of the bunch.
I like it a lot....so there is that.
Daytona22
AG
claybot said:

I like it. I would buy it if I had found it for retail. Good luck finding Lost prophet for retail anywhere though. Most have it going for $350+ on the secondary right now. I think that one is the best of the line up.
Daytona22
AG
Believe that mine was $85.99 that I paid for it pre-tax. Probably just the mark up you are seeing in it from your local spot.
Farmer1906
AG
malibuVLX said:

Believe that mine was $85.99 that I paid for it pre-tax. Probably just the mark up you are seeing in it from your local spot.

I've seen it in multiple specs. They usually don't have any crazy mark up.
RC_57
AG
claybot said:

I've tried both the 20 year and 22.

Maybe I'm deceiving myself, but the 22 was hands down better.
And I'm looking for some
Wheatables02
AG
If you enjoy Rebel Yell 10, I suggest picking an extra up. They were all out along my usual route today. Seems the word is getting out that it's one of the better releases of the year.

Plus, Parker Beam died today. I'll be drinking all Heaven Hill during the game tonight.
Post removed:
by user
Brad_97
AG
Are you finding the Rebel Yell 10 single barrel regularly? Having trouble tracking down a bottle as haven't seen it anywhere I've looked.
Wheatables02
AG
I was a few weeks ago at Total Wine in DFW. Lewisville is now out. Can't speak for the rest.
RC_57
AG
third coast.. said:

i saw some today here in colorado. its like $130 or something.

i picked up an Eagle Rare single barrel store pick today.
Third coast, where in CO? I have connections near Denver
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
RIP Parker Beam

Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
Yep, got it bunkered 4 deep. No duplicates of any of the higher end stuff.
Fall92
AG
Got an email from Truluck's yesterday for the below bourbon dinner. A little pricey at $150 per, especially considering I have all the bourbons on the flight at home already.
Course one

1792 Manhattan paired with King Crab merus and tuna hand rolls.

Course two

Eagle Rare Old Fashioned paired with a bowl of lobster bisque.

Course three

Bourbon flight featuring .75-oz pours of Colonel E.H. Taylor, Stagg Jr., and Blanton's. Paired with a 12-oz Prime New York Strip, and family-style sides: creamed corn, parmesan mashed potatoes, and creamed spinach.

Course four

Buffalo Trace Cream over an ice block paired with a Baked Alaska.
Brad_97
AG
What's your favorite ECBP release or do you notice much between releases? Had a pour in a restaurant which was very good and when I called back to ask the proof to determine release they just gave me 139 without giving me the decimal. Figuring it is release 11 so hunting a bottle. I think that was release 12 in your pic?
tx4guns
AG
Release 1 is the best hands down. Then release 3 and release 12. The rest are good, but don't stand out.
RenoAg
What's the proof of release 12 bottles of ECBP?
Wheatables02
AG
I have 7, 8, 10, 11, 12. I think 10 and 12 have been the best.
First Page Last Page
Page 211 of 1108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.