Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,832,083 Views | 38338 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Tksymm7
the dude10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Damn I really want that elliots select

Speaking of, anyone in Texas seen it yet? Anyone tried it?
Ringo88
AG
Picked up two bottles yesterday and today.
Haven't opened yet, but two buddies have said it's "great" or " it's good, but not $120 good. Have had store pick OESK barrels that were better."
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I would look for some four roses private select recipes. Should be right in the $50-$60 range and it is very hit or miss as far as finding them in Texas.

Awesome, thanks.
Post removed:
by user
Ringo88
AG
In ATL this week. Highly allocated; people on wait lists at better stores quietly got one, but lots of shops didn't see a single bottle. Very similar to Bookers Rye (which I completely missed out on when it hit Atlanta), although there's a total of just over 10,000 bottles of Elliot's out there.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Interested in selling or trading one of those?
iehly06
AG
You should just buy an entire case
RenoAg
quote:
Shoot me a pm with your name and email address

Can you add me at Takendown to the Facebook group? Third Coast will vouch for me. Just hooked him up on that Bookers Rye at cost.
Ringo88
AG
Not meaning to imply the Eilliot's is stocked on every shelf out here; two of my shops just came through.

I am interested in trading for a Bookers Rye, which I completely missed on.
Wheatables02
AG
Based on SM values, 1 BR would get fetch an Elliott's + $80-100.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
From what I've seen on SM, ES gets 215-225 and BR gets 400-450. So you would need 2 ES for one BR
Ringo88
AG
I'd do that.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
I'll go out on a limb and say there's no way 2 ES's are worth a BR from a quality standpoint.
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
Sent you the link by email
Post removed:
by user
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Good bull!
Post removed:
by user
redd38
AG
Someone on the classifieds board is selling some PVW, btw. He won't name a price though.
Boats and Hose
AG
I need some recommendations. I'm a big fan of Basil Hayden's, Noah's Mill, and Blanton's. Just picked up Woodford Reserve Double Oaked this weekend and was not disappointed. Anybody got any suggestions?
Wheatables02
AG
Bookers, Rowan's Creek....
Vade281
AG
If you ever in Pueblo, CO.....this place has some rare stuff just sitting on the shelf. http://liquorstorepueblo.com/ Saw about 15 bottles of ETL, a case of Rhetoric, Single Oak Project, Stagg JR, Colonel EH Taylor, etc
Brad_97
AG
Result of my cross country road trip. Mix of some stock the bar essentials where found at a good price and a few harder to find items which was really a great NM stop.

My regret is potentially choosing the Bookers Noe Secret over Big Man Small Batch. Looks like the latter is better received. Couple of those at Doc's in Lubbock. I've only had Bookers in bars and had forgotten to ask which it was as far as personal preference

Washington to Texas the long way down the coastal highways. Saw 5 or more bottles of Pappy (all SM +) but only single Weller 12 they guy wanted $79 buck for (Napa, CA). Place in Monteray had some of the LE BP 4 Roses but had them marked all way up to $399. No small shop hidden gems. One shop lamented how they tried to sell Weller 12 for a reasonable cost (near list) when they'd get it but people would just buy all of it while telling them they were planning to secondary it right to their face. I imagine that's gets tiresome and leads to some of the markup I then complain about. Can't say I blame'em in that case.

Brad_97
AG
Last I had them back to back I was surprised at how much more I liked Eagle Rare over Basil Hayden's. May want to give it a shot. Readily available and about $30. Elijah Craig 12. Though I think BH leans rye so 4 Roses SB may also be worth a go for you.
Boats and Hose
AG
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've got Rowan's Creek and Eagle Rare as well. Gonna have to give Bookers and EC a shot.
plowboy1065
S
Both very good choices
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
Found 2 more? I think you need more padding since I'm looking at $750 in whiskey.
Ringo88
AG
Since this thread has stalled the past few days, I'll kick-start it...

If anyone is in KY on tours next week, PM me for an invitation to a fundraiser bourbon event I'm hosting in Louisville next Friday. I'm taking over 100 bottles/ 58 varieties to share with friends for a good cause. Lots of the good stuff is making the trip. Historic location, and a renowned bourbon author and critic is narrating the flight selections and signing books. 65 folks have donated for invitations so far. Should be a good time.
steve00
AG
Making gumbo today, so I thought I'd have a Sazerac while I stirred the roux. Then I thought I haven't had a Sazerac in a while, so I should make the best one that I can.
tx4guns
AG
I should do that with some Saz 18 or Booker's Rye.
plowboy1065
S
I'm a Coonass and all but way too hot for gumbo
steve00
AG
It's a clear blue sky and 72 where I'm at.
First Page Last Page
Page 179 of 1096

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.