Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,834,355 Views | 38371 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Aggie Therapist
Post removed:
by user
WhiskeyBusiness
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can someone PM me to get added to the FB group?
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Yippee Ki-Yay is not bourbon
tex2000
AG
Ive started really getting into bourbon recently, and just found this thread. As a new graduate I don't want to spend $100+ on a bottle of bourbon, so I was wondering what are yalls recommendations on bottles in the 50-60 range? TIA
tx4guns
AG
Bookers, EC small batch, four roses single barrel, old Weller antique
HouseDivided06
AG
Noah's Mill is pretty outstanding for $40-$45 and because of this thread I have gotten really into Pikesville Rye.
tex2000
AG
I picked up a bottle of Noah's mill last night, it did not disappoint
Mathguy64
AG
Just to make everyone jealous, I managed to talk the wife into taking our vacation to Kentucky to get my bottle from Makers. We are in Louisville hanging out for a couple of days. Life is good.
aggiemike89
AG
Get a bottle of Blantons. It falls in that price point and it's very good juice. You can cut your teeth on it while you move up to barrel proofs.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Glad you could convince your wife to go, I was unsuccessful.
RC_57
AG
quote:
Added you JR. Let's keep this group strictly to Aggies so it doesn't get out of hand. There are a couple of request I haven't approved since I have no idea who they are yet
plowboy1065, how do I go about joining the FB group?

And thanks

RC_57
AG
So now I've "graduated" from Gentlemen Jack to 40 Creek to Woodford.

Trying to, as they say, expand the palate.

Any recommendation for my next "step"?

Also, was told "Collingwood", a blended Canadian Whiskey was pretty good? Anyone have any experience with it, and your thoughts?

Thanks all
aggiemike89
AG
Go for an ER 10, EC 12 or Blantons.
plowboy1065
S
Shoot me a pm with your name and email address
iehly06
AG
If you liked the Woodford try their double oaked. I agree on grabbing some ER10 or blantons too. You can't go wrong with any of buffalo trace's whisky.
Brad_97
AG
Wouldn't mind an add to the FB page as well. No stars for PM though.

Edited to remove email. Thanks for the invite.
Brad_97
AG
If you like the double oaked, I got a chance through work to stay at the Barnsley Resort in GA. Beautiful place and they pick their own barrel (assuming this might be relatively common at these larger places? First I'd experienced it though) from Woodford for their personal bottling. Trying them side by side I preferred the their barrel for at least the 2015. Anyone know how common this is? Would definitely try elsewhere if I ran into it.
plowboy1065
S
Sent
Post removed:
by user
Brad_97
AG
Hmm. Not seeing it and checked my spam there also. May need a resend but will check in AM again. Thanks.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
There are a fair amount of places that will pick barrels for a private bottlings of everything from Buffalo Trace to the Woodford Double Oaked. Usually the smaller places will actually go and select the barrel themselves but I think the large companies such as Specs and Goody Goody just leave it up to the distillery.

FriedTex
AG
I've found that store picks are usually about 20% better than the standard fair
tx4guns
AG
You're not getting the right store picks then...

quote:
I've found that store picks are usually about 20% better than the standard fair
plowboy1065
S
Resent
Brad_97
AG
Got it. Thanks.
plowboy1065
S
quote:
Got it. Thanks.
ChiEp90
AG
For you Four Roses fans, Specs Downtown Houston has store picks in OBSO, OBSK, OESV and OESK.
If you can send me the link to the FB page, I would appreciate it. Username at aggienetwork. Thanks!!
I'm looking for the latest Abraham Bowman release, a wheated bourbon this time. Anyone see it out there? NASA had some but I was too late.
tx4guns
AG
If you just want to try the Bowman Wheat Bourbon, Rosewater in Clear Lake has one open.
Vade281
AG
Damn I really want that elliots select
Mathguy64
AG
Got back yesterday from our trip to Kentucky bourbon country. We didn't do the entire trail this time as I did that several years ago. I will say however that it has gotten both bigger and more costly. Before there were 6 distilleries participating and only HH/Bourbon Heritage Center charged and that was a nominal $5 for an upgraded tasting. Now there are 9 officially listed on the tour and basically everyone charges and it averaged $10 a stop. MM is $9 and WT is $10. The Evan Williams micro distillery in Louisville was $11 and offered an upscale tasting of something that was 23 y.o, for an additional $9. I didn't ask what it was as we just did the normal tour there. We did stop in at Barton in Bardstown (they were free, as was BT) and did their full distillery tour. It was just the two of us and that was nice. Got to sample white dog straight out of the try box.
oneoutofmany
AG
Sent a PM.
Chipotlemonger
AG
what should I be on the lookout for in Tenneessee? <$50 range, what can I get there that's good and something we may not be able to get in Texas?
the dude10
AG
I would look for some four roses private select recipes. Should be right in the $50-$60 range and it is very hit or miss as far as finding them in Texas.
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.