Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,870,825 Views | 38721 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by h_town_ags
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't have anything to trade. Just started restocking my cabinet. Most of the stuff I had I used for my wedding bar 3 years ago.
John Francis Donaghy
quote:
Edit for etl

Changed my post because I thought you were looking for ecbp.

If he can't deliver I have an extra etl in my bunker I'd likely trade.. or ecbp if you need that

Do you have ecbp up for a trade? If so what would you be looking for?
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
I'm currently looking for rock hill farms, w12, or any EHT not small batch or single barrel, likely bp

Rhf would likely be 1:1 as I paid 55-60 for ecbp

W12 would probably require me to add some cash as its secondary value is ridiculous unless you bought a bunch at cost

Would have to calculate a trade for EHT bp

I can probably get a few more ecbp at the end of the month.
Post removed:
by user
John Francis Donaghy
quote:
I'm currently looking for rock hill farms, w12, or any EHT not small batch or single barrel, likely bp

Rhf would likely be 1:1 as I paid 55-60 for ecbp

W12 would probably require me to add some cash as its secondary value is ridiculous unless you bought a bunch at cost

Would have to calculate a trade for EHT bp

I can probably get a few more ecbp at the end of the month.
Damn, I opened my only bottle of Weller 12 just last week, and I much prefer ECBP, would definitely be interested in that trade.

I may be able to get a W12 or a EHTBP in the next week or so. If so, I'll let you know. You're in DFW correct?
Wheatables02
AG
Yes sir. I would love either one or both
FriedTex
AG
quote:
Yes sir. I would love either one or both

I'd trade you straight up for an unopened w12 for ECBP
Wheatables02
AG
Will do. I'll try and get 3 or 4 for everyone interested in trading.
plowboy1065
S
I will do the same
Vade281
AG
I'll keep an eye out. I have a Blantons and ETL for trade as well.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
The Bookers or Willett Rye are both great, but the FRSiB is a better value.
Post removed:
by user
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I like the EHT Single Barrel. I've seen it on the shelfs for $45-$100. Wouldn't spend more than $50 on it...
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
Earliest I can drop back by there will be Monday evening. If they still have any I can pick up one and figure a way to get it to you if yo want.

Able to stop by last night?

Mathguy64
AG
I just went by. It's gone. They got a case and it didn't make it very long. Sorry. I did ask the bourbon aisle guy and he said he would ask his distributor to see if more is coming. Let you know if I get lucky.
BeardofZeus01
AG
I had my father run by there first thing on Mon morn, and the guy told him it was gone by Sat night. He also mentioned ETL only hits Texas once a year and all at the same time. So I guess when its gone, its gone until the following year ... unless you can get lucky and track down an overlooked bottle. Otherwise its the secondary market where individuals with 10 bottles are selling them for $85-100 a piece. I'll stick to a $38 handle of Dic kel and see if I can get lucky in 2017.
Mathguy64
AG
Why don't people just move on to donut and marshmallow flavored vodkas?
Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
AG
I'm pretty sure there's a birthday cake flavored vodka.
Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
I had my father run by there first thing on Mon morn, and the guy told him it was gone by Sat night.

It was mentioned at 8:30 Saturday night the store was in college station. You're crazy if you don't think 10 lurkers didn't head up there almost immediately after reading that.
Mathguy64
AG
Bull****. You are not blaming this math guy for the worldwide bourbon shortage. I am not taking the fall for this.

Now if some wants to pass me a finders fee for setting them on the trail of what used to be a readily available decent $35 bourbon tha another story.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Mathguy never mentioned the store on the thread, but I don't doubt a few folks made a run to every store in town, even in spite of a huge Aggie baseball game. Couldn't peel my old man away from that if Armageddon was coming ... so no chance for me unless we got lucky on Mon morning. Oh well, plenty of other solid selections to enjoy in the meantime.

Speaking of, I cracked the wax on a bottle of 120 proof Knob Creek Single Barrel that night. Not typically a Knob Creek fan, but I found this one to be pretty enjoyable neat. Nice high proof heat but drinkable and with a pleasant prolonged linger on the palate. Anyone else had a shot at it? Thoughts?
SouthTexasAg06
AG
It was the oddest thing but I saw 3 bottles of ETL on a shelf in Gatlinburg of all places for $60. Same store wanted $80 for Blantons, go figure
AlaskanAg99
AG
I appreciate the effort mathguy.
CMP-00-
AG
I really really like the Knob Creek Single Barrel - and at $39 dollars a bottle I think it's about the best value I've yet to encounter in bourbon. It's powerful but drinkable juice. Just finished my first bottle - look forward to opening the second this Fall when the first cool-front rolls in!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
Staring at another ecbp on a shelf. This one priced at $70. Also has Knob Creek Limited Edition 2001 for $130. Gonna be around here for a little while in case anyone wants me to pick it up for them. NW htown area.
RenoAg
Just took his only EHTBP for 80. Rarely see these.

Also has a Booker's Rye Limited Edition. Wants 325 for it. I don't like heavy Rye whiskeys so I don't want it. But that's a hard bottle to find too. Have seen it for much more on secondary markets too.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 171 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.