Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,858,415 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ryeguy
Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I did just empty out the last of my MMCS so at least I have room for the Pikesville.

Also I saw ETL on the shelf for the first time in maybe 2 years. 3 bottles.
John Francis Donaghy
quote:
She said "Gross. Only if you can make it taste like a margarita." Sounds like I have another project.

That project sounds like it's going to require a lot of different bourbon varieties, and a lot of taste testing.

I'm no scientist, but I think you're going to have to make a major whiskey run to your favorite liquor stores.
WhiteOakAg488
AG
There is Blanton's available at goody goody liquor in Humble if anyone is looking for some. 3 or 4 bottles left.
07ag
AG
lots of blanton's sftb available on masterofmalt
HouseDivided06
AG
I know Noah's Mill is not as rare but it still can be somewhat hard to find on shelves and is one of my favorites. The Specs off 75 and Walnut Hill in Dallas is loaded with it right now as well as Rowan's Creek and Willet. Also picked up a bottle of Pikesville and looking forward to pouring some here in a bit.
WhiteOakAg488
AG
I paid 55 dollars after tax.. Not paying those prices, and that before tax and shipping..
BeardofZeus01
AG
When did Col EHT start selling for $100+!?!? I saw Single Barrel and Small Batch at a Spec's a few days back for $36. is the markup on MoM that high, I haven't been to that site before ...
Mathguy64
AG
Yeah those are marked up. Just for comparison the Pikesville 110 Rye I went out and picked up today was $48 at Specs. That site shows $78.10.
plowboy1065
S
Their prices are odd on lots of bottles. I bought a 4RLESB last year from MOM for $90 something which I was happy to pay
07ag
AG
agreed,, some are way overpriced, some are pretty good deals,, like the 4rlesb. and they have a lot of stuff that you just can't buy in the states, like blanton's sftb, or rum from certain countries
BeardofZeus01
AG
What does shipping typically run?
07ag
AG
depends on how much you buy,, but 2 or 3 bottles will be $60-70, so not cheap. buying 4rlesb and a blantons sftb, like my last order for example, came out to like 270, or 135 a bottle,, can't really complain about that
RenoAg
Just found and bought an Elijah Craig barrel strength for $65. Only had one bottle. Only the second time I have seen it in the wild. Other place I saw it last year wanted $250 for it. Went out looking for Elmer T Lee tonight and got shut out. But this is a very nice consolation prize!
FriedTex
AG
quote:
Just found and bought an Elijah Craig barrel strength for $65. Only had one bottle. Only the second time I have seen it in the wild. Other place I saw it last year wanted $250 for it. Went out looking for Elmer T Lee tonight and got shut out. But this is a very nice consolation prize!

If you want to trade, just let me know!
Post removed:
by user
BeardofZeus01
AG
Since BT discontinued Old Charter, the bourbon conspiracy theorists think that Stagg Jr bottles are filled with the juice that used to be earmarked for Old Charter 10. Would be interested to see what you think about them and if there are similarities when enjoyed side by side.
RenoAg
Another note: highly recommend Angels Envy for relative value, especially for newbies. Low proof easy drinker. But has good flavor. Have somehow managed to never try it over these last several years. Finally did last night.

Anyone have an opinion on Angels Envy Cask Strength? Worth paying the premium, assuming you can find it?
tx4guns
AG
Not worth it.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
On a lark just hit another store to see if I'd get lucky. No ETL. But he did have 2 bottles of ECBP. Now he only has 1. $60+taxes too. So even cheaper than yesterday's.

Maybe I need to go looking for ETL more often!
plowboy1065
S
I've bought plenty of ETL in the wild but never seen a ECBP
RenoAg
Feelin a bit guilty now. Tried one more mom and pop. Sure enough he had one EC Barrel Proof bottle behind a bottle of his regular EC Small batch. Only charged me $35 for it. Bourbon Gods might make me pay restitution somewhere. 3rd bottle.
BeardofZeus01
AG
The Bourbon Gods are actually happy you were able to pay retail for a good bottle. Both the gods and Sumlin have completely lost control of this market ...
joshwayne330
^^^ $35 isn't retail for ECBP
BeardofZeus01
AG
Beg to differ ... when it hit in 2013, original retail was $35. And you could actually find it on a shelf. Then the gods really lost control ...

But you are absolutely correct ... it's definitely not retail now. But what is?
bonfiresmoke
What about the OC 10 year old? Any more of those? I have few of them and 3 handles of the 12 year old I am saving for a special occasion.
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
I did just empty out the last of my MMCS so at least I have room for the Pikesville.

Also I saw ETL on the shelf for the first time in maybe 2 years. 3 bottles.

Houston?
Mathguy64
AG
B/CS.
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
B/CS.

Any chance for a PP/ship combo? Not sure I can convince my wife a 160mi bourbon run is sane. Old send some 2oz samples from my collection.
BeardofZeus01
AG
What was the ETL retailing for in BCS?
Mathguy64
AG
Earliest I can drop back by there will be Monday evening. If they still have any I can pick up one and figure a way to get it to you if yo want.
Mathguy64
AG
I wasn't paying super close attention but I want to say $38.
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
Earliest I can drop back by there will be Monday evening. If they still have any I can pick up one and figure a way to get it to you if yo want.
Sounds good to me. If you can let me know. It's not super rare but it is difficult to find. I have some 2oz samples of BTAC (Thomas Handy & G Stagg) I could send as a thank you for your effort.

PP the cost and send you a shipping label.
Wheatables02
AG
Edit for etl

Changed my post because I thought you were looking for ecbp.

If he can't deliver I have an extra etl in my bunker I'd likely trade.. or ecbp if you need that
First Page Last Page
Page 170 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.